PDA

View Full Version : Getting more people to play

pwnage
08-25-2011, 09:58 AM
So I was wondering if there was some ideas of any "incentives" that we could have so people would start playing this more. It seems that even with the little announcements every so often in the servers showing the IP of this mod, people don't really seem to play it. In fact, I found that a lot of people don't have a clue what Assassination MOD is, which doesn't really help the situation. Anyways, I enjoy playing the mod, given there aren't any bots on, since they have a very predictable route. So, that being said, I think we should try to compile a list of "reasons" why people should play this mod. Just my opinion, cause like I said, I would play this a hell of a lot more if there were more people regularly playing it.

brett friggin favre
08-25-2011, 10:05 AM
1. it's a complete retooling of cs...almost like a human bomb but at the same time totally different
2. umm....give a reward or something for the person with the most vip rescues/kills in a given period of time? like idk free admin/reserved slot for a month.
3. im outta stuff

pwnage
08-25-2011, 10:11 AM
1. it's a complete retooling of cs...almost like a human bomb but at the same time totally different
2. umm....give a reward or something for the person with the most vip rescues/kills in a given period of time? like idk free admin/reserved slot for a month.
3. im outta stuff
LOL...I can tell this is going to be a fail thread :dumb:

brett friggin favre
08-25-2011, 10:14 AM
lol i tried, i havent played assassination mod but i loved playing as_ maps on 1.6. great change of pace, and id love to see more people on it. just don't know how to go about doing it

pwnage
08-25-2011, 10:31 AM
lol i tried, i havent played assassination mod but i loved playing as_ maps on 1.6. great change of pace, and id love to see more people on it. just don't know how to go about doing it
exactly my thoughts, except I have played the mod :P

acolyte_to_jippity
08-25-2011, 10:33 AM

1. go sit in-game
2. press shift + tab
3. put your dick in the box
4. click the arrow next to peoples' names in the 'friends window'
5. have her open the box
6. click "invite to game"
7. ???
8. profit?

Rezel
08-25-2011, 10:59 AM
if you want to get it more active, make it a straight up deathmatch?

seems like a reasonably good idea! I would play it whenever I had time.

brett friggin favre
08-25-2011, 11:19 AM
1. go sit in-game
2. press shift + tab
3. put your dick in the box
4. click the arrow next to peoples' names in the 'friends window'
5. have her open the box
6. click "invite to game"
7. ???
8. profit?

im getting stuck on the third step. it won't fit. :(

Dj panda
08-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Well your bret farve, Posting dick pics is your specialty, so make it work :D all you gotta do is get a bigger camera.

ZERO
08-25-2011, 03:24 PM
I was thinking we could remove a lot of the maps and have the server focus on just a few really popular ones.

maynard
08-25-2011, 03:52 PM
if you want to get it more active, make it a straight up deathmatch?

seems like a reasonably good idea! I would play it whenever I had time.

THIS!!!!!

and not GG DeathMatch a strait up DM server. they always do great for traffic and are fun.

Joker
08-26-2011, 01:51 AM
THIS!!!!!

and not GG DeathMatch a strait up DM server. they always do great for traffic and are fun.

eewwwww fuck that deathmatch is for noobs......:smirk:

maynard
08-26-2011, 01:57 AM
funny... I don't remember giving you permission 2 speak.:smirk:

Nemesis
08-26-2011, 03:59 AM
I like Zero's idea of making it only a few good maps that everyone likes.

I think it'll just come down to 3 or 4 people going in and inviting everyone they know, once you get a few good games going, people will come back, the problem is that every time i've looked the server has been totally empty and im not gonna go sit there by myself and wait for people.

I demand this to be fixed.

The champ is here.

bigcraig77
08-26-2011, 08:42 AM
add me on steam and invite me. im always down for some vip.
I always go in there and no on is playing...

C-Loc

Link
08-26-2011, 02:25 PM
something i heard someone suggest the other day: what about making it scouts/knives? i would definitely be into that too.

Nemesis
08-26-2011, 09:49 PM
something i heard someone suggest the other day: what about making it scouts/knives? i would definitely be into that too.

you dont get any more suggestions.

Joker
08-26-2011, 11:05 PM
funny... I don't remember giving you permission 2 speak.:smirk:

funny I remember asking.......:smirk:

BladeTwinSwords
08-27-2011, 03:46 AM
How about a minigames server. We can see how many ibis players actually know how to hop/surf :icon_mrgreen:

brett friggin favre
08-27-2011, 12:31 PM
How about a minigames server. We can see how many ibis players actually know how to hop/surf :icon_mrgreen:

aww man i used to love surfing! never did bhopping though, not worth the effort to bind/unbind to mouse wheel and too much work to master it with spacebar haha

B1ackOut
08-27-2011, 01:10 PM
i would be good for deathmatch, minigames, and the vip mod, i havent hopped in in a while but i always try to join when there is people playing.

X 1 Viper1
08-27-2011, 06:42 PM
I think a minigames server is a great idea, for the main reason of you don't need a massive amount of people for it to be fun! You can play a multitude of maps with as little as 4 or so people and still be able to enjoy them!

pwnage
08-29-2011, 09:48 PM
I think a minigames server is a great idea, for the main reason of you don't need a massive amount of people for it to be fun! You can play a multitude of maps with as little as 4 or so people and still be able to enjoy them!
This actually isn't a bad idea...if not there's always jailbreak :P

Nemesis
08-30-2011, 09:05 PM
This actually isn't a bad idea...if not there's always jailbreak :P

lol and you thought zm was full of annoying children? try a jailbreak server, fuck that

acolyte_to_jippity
08-30-2011, 11:01 PM
lol and you thought zm was full of annoying children? try a jailbreak server, fuck that

lol. the secret is not allowing the annoying children to be guards, only prisoners.

that way you can torture the living shit out of them

B1ackOut
08-31-2011, 12:52 AM
yea but they still talk.....and then you have to listen to them complain.

pwnage
08-31-2011, 06:32 AM
lawl, that is so true

acolyte_to_jippity
08-31-2011, 07:20 AM
yea but they still talk.....and then you have to listen to them complain.

???

what fucking jb server you ever play on? the prisoners can't talk. only the guards can. prisoners get text chat

Tac
08-31-2011, 09:20 AM
I think a non-dm, regular surf server with maps like 10x final, japan, akai, etc. Would be lots of fun, maybe even throw in a few skill maps. There is a distinct lack of servers like this, and if we have one I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get some regular players there.

Rosie
08-31-2011, 10:28 AM
How about the next time there are 5 admins in GG we just all go. Then when we invite atleast we can play while we wait. I have been in 1 4 on 4 game in there and it was fun.

B1ackOut
08-31-2011, 02:49 PM
???

what fucking jb server you ever play on? the prisoners can't talk. only the guards can. prisoners get text chat
last time i was on jailbreak was late 2009 early 2010 and it was hellsgamers. The prisoners had chat back then, dont know about now.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-31-2011, 03:19 PM
last time i was on jailbreak was late 2009 early 2010 and it was hellsgamers. The prisoners had chat back then, dont know about now.

yeah their jb blows. always has. sG's used to be good. but too many of their epic members left/quit (kintor, squeezy, oracian, monkeh...)

good memories there though

SCRIBBLE
08-31-2011, 08:22 PM
I stopped playing in the complete failure of a server that is hg jailbreak. Their admin's leak shit from their mouth and saliva from their ass. They are all fucked up.

Nemesis
08-31-2011, 09:47 PM
I played a wcs jailbreak server once, lol that shit was fucked up.

maynard
09-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Jail break is retarded... I swear it's a mod designed 2 cause fights, rage quits and admin abuse... nothing more... all that shit ever is is a hardcore arguments and people freaking out.

Rosie
09-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Just had a 10 person game and it was pretty good. The mod is fun we just need regular players.

B1ackOut
09-01-2011, 03:08 AM
We need a steam group, where we can schedule games, or even just be able to invite interested players when someone feels like playing it. There are already several people who are willing to play, but with no one to play with.

maynard
09-01-2011, 03:29 AM
if we personally have 2 go out of our way 2 make this server have people on it every time someone wants 2 play, it's a failure. we might as well turn this server into something that will benefit the community more and bring in more support and community member as well as admins. I was excited for the idea of ViP also, but it seems no 1 gives a shit about this mod anymore... it was BEYOND epic back in the day, but those times have seemed 2 pass...

acolyte_to_jippity
09-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Jail break is retarded... I swear it's a mod designed 2 cause fights, rage quits and admin abuse... nothing more... all that shit ever is is a hardcore arguments and people freaking out.

lol no. sometimes, \yes that happens. but many times it's a blast. most of them suck nowadays though because you can't trust the t's not to pull shit. it's fun when neither side acts like douchebags.

if we personally have 2 go out of our way 2 make this server have people on it every time someone wants 2 play, it's a failure. we might as well turn this server into something that will benefit the community more and bring in more support and community member as well as admins. I was excited for the idea of ViP also, but it seems no 1 gives a shit about this mod anymore... it was BEYOND epic back in the day, but those times have seemed 2 pass...

it's more hat no-one knows what it is anymore. face it, it used to be a game mode, like cs_ and de_. thus, it came up normally. if zero could figure out how to do that again, and put it on pub, it'd do better

BladeTwinSwords
09-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Like this. I present Mikey getting banned for exceeding the TK-Limit.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BladeTheLoneSlayer/screenshot/577807044892100130

Dj panda
09-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Theres a lot of old games like this, But you would have to make people stop playing on one of our other 3 servers in order to play it, And it also takes a certain person to like this old kind of style. We just dont have as many people that knows/ likes this anymore. we ar lucky if people go there once a day

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Like this. I present Mikey getting banned for exceeding the TK-Limit.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BladeTheLoneSlayer/screenshot/577807044892100130

ass.... lol Holy instigated it ALL!

as far as ViP. I think it can work, maybe some redirects and a little bit of advertisement!

ZERO
09-16-2011, 01:37 PM
What I really need to do is program the bots: http://www.gamebanana.com/tuts/1661

B1ackOut
09-16-2011, 08:42 PM
What I really need to do is program the bots: http://www.gamebanana.com/tuts/1661
Yea having the bots run and jump off the edge every round or getting stuck on a wall isnt that fun.

LuckyStar >:D / Phenixtri
09-30-2011, 01:04 AM
Well here is my 2 cents on the idea.

From my experience when the server 1st showed up and I got invited I was able to tell that the following things should be added.

One like in deathmatch servers players should start with more than just 800 in cash its tends to slow the pace of the game down a bit. So id recommend having the players start with anywhere from 8-16,000 in cash just so people can buy their fav weapons and have more options right from the outset.

Also for the CT playing as the VIP they should be allow to buy any pistol and not just be restricted to the USP which gets boring and repetitive.

Some sort of damage modifiers would also be much appreciated. kinda like realism mods for DOD:S for example. Not by much just so that head and chest shots remain fairly lethal >> Always get pissed when I shoot some wank in the head with a USP and it dosent kill them :/ A player with lower than 25% hp could also begin to bleed out an slowly lose health until they type !medic or !medkit for example and it would cot a certain amount of money to use.

And last but no least the VIP mode should not be only restricted to the CTs alone. Basically on some maps it should be a reverse with the Ts having to protect their VIP and CT having to eliminate him.

Just my 2 cent opinion from when I was playing until the server died :/