PDA

View Full Version : Human Revolution: First Impressions

brett friggin favre
08-26-2011, 12:11 AM
so i finished downloading deus ex: human revolution tonight. i played some of invisible war, but was too young to appreciate the story and didn't like the shooting mechanics so i really just played enough to understand some of the backstory. anyway about human revolution, i played for about 3 hours and so far i'm impressed. i feel like everyone i talk to might have some meaning to the story and there's so much to do, it just engrosses you in the whole experience. as for the combat, it's tough to get a hang of. recoil is crazy so you need to be conservative with your shooting, but firing weapons feels satisfying and the whole move bodies outta the way so you don't alert others is a nice touch. it feels very fluid and although it is somewhat linear at times, you have many different lines and ways to play which can not only suit your playstyle but your mood as well. basically if you like a story with interesting and satisfying gameplay, i'd highly recommend it. very well-made from what i can tell so far and very fun.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-26-2011, 12:53 AM
moving bodies to avoid detection isn't new...

and you'd need to play the original to really get backstory. invisible war was completely different.

do they still use universal ammo in HR?

BladeTwinSwords
08-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Each gun has its own ammo type. It reminds me a lot of RE4. Also Inventory is auto managed to maximize space.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-26-2011, 01:04 AM
Each gun has its own ammo type. It reminds me a lot of RE4. Also Inventory is auto managed to maximize space.

good. that pissed me off about invisible war

brett friggin favre
08-26-2011, 12:10 PM
moving bodies to avoid detection isn't new...

and you'd need to play the original to really get backstory. invisible war was completely different.

do they still use universal ammo in HR?

what i mean by "new" is that most shooters nowadays (cod, halo, all the super popular ones) are just this: run in there, kill shit, move on. of course this has been going on for years in splinter cell and deus ex, but i'm writing this from the standpoint of the typical cs-type shooter gamer. and i understand having to play the original to get the whole backstory but what i'm saying is that for a story-driven game, it's not like you'll feel entirely left out without playing the first 2 games. sure there are some parts where references are made to past titles but those are relatively minimal and the game remains mostly focused on the present.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-26-2011, 05:07 PM
what i mean by "new" is that most shooters nowadays (cod, halo, all the super popular ones) are just this: run in there, kill shit, move on. of course this has been going on for years in splinter cell and deus ex, but i'm writing this from the standpoint of the typical cs-type shooter gamer. and i understand having to play the original to get the whole backstory but what i'm saying is that for a story-driven game, it's not like you'll feel entirely left out without playing the first 2 games. sure there are some parts where references are made to past titles but those are relatively minimal and the game remains mostly focused on the present.

well, deus ex has never been a hardcore shooter, more of a fps rpg type thing

brett friggin favre
08-26-2011, 06:59 PM
well, deus ex has never been a hardcore shooter, more of a fps rpg type thing

exactly and i was trying to explain what it's like to those who haven't played it or anything like it