PDA

View Full Version : Can we make the time between maps shorter?

Srry72
08-30-2011, 07:03 PM
The server has some good maps but people in them are very repetitive and overplay maps. Also ZE maps feel like they take forever. The time between rounds is fine but the time from where the map loads to where we get a new map vote takes to long

Evil
08-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Instead of shorter, we need more time for ze maps. 4-5 mins is not enough for certain maps (ze_minecraft is especially one).

Osage
08-30-2011, 10:58 PM
how bout we just don't play escape maps? solves alot

acolyte_to_jippity
08-30-2011, 11:00 PM

+ mother fucking 1!!

pwnage
08-31-2011, 06:35 AM
+ mother fucking 1!!
LOL :werd:

Rezel
08-31-2011, 02:54 PM

+Pie

Srry72
08-31-2011, 03:02 PM
I don't mean time for rounds. I mean time for a whole map (you know how when you type timeleft it tells you 20 minutes or something)

acolyte_to_jippity
08-31-2011, 03:18 PM
I don't mean time for rounds. I mean time for a whole map (you know how when you type timeleft it tells you 20 minutes or something)

we know. but a better plan has been brought up (death to teh escapes)

Link
08-31-2011, 03:21 PM

best suggestion ever. +42

Rosie
08-31-2011, 04:23 PM

You have to think though if we didn't play escape maps then all those annoying ass kids wouldn't play and attempt to talk.........................

Oh fuck yeah +1000

B1ackOut
08-31-2011, 04:32 PM
i don't normally like escapes, but a few are alright once in a while, as long as there is only 1 per day.

maynard
08-31-2011, 05:08 PM
escape maps blow.

Steamer
08-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Screw escape maps... I remember when they were on a separate server... besides boat escape (when pods worked), spacestationZZ (when x-wing worked), atix, and elevator escape. They were ok long ago, when people actually knew how to work together. Now ya got all the special derp derp re re shit on escapes, meh.

Cade all the way!

Bane of Soldiers
08-31-2011, 07:20 PM
"No escape maps."
:werd:

+999999999999999 :hail: :hail: :hail:

Oh by the way, does anyone think that moving the map votes earlier is a good idea? Usually when I'm on an escape map, I think "I'll just wait this one escape map out, see how the votes go." Not surprisingly, the next map becomes yet another escape map. Sometimes, I realize that I spent about a hour and a half watching people play escape maps and not actually playing..... I was thinking if we could move the map vote to come up maybe halfway through a map....bleh lol :offtopic:

Joker
08-31-2011, 09:25 PM
I got a suggestion how about you create another zmod server for escape maps.........so that away if you feel like playing escape or if you feel like cading maps you can play in one or the other. :bum:

maynard
09-01-2011, 01:29 AM
so you want 2 create another server for the type of map no 1 wants 2 play? you must be a marketing genius!

Joker
09-01-2011, 01:54 AM
clearly that's not completely true, they just don't want to deal with all of the little kids that like to play escape maps...................Derp

they all be like :eew: it's little kids, but I have a solution for you take a :pint: and relax because it's server population and it is a still pretty popular mod.

P.s. these smilies and fucking awesome lol

Rezel
09-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Joker actually has a good idea on splitting up the escape server with a barricading server. Traditionally the zombie mod had few, if any escape maps at the beginning. IT seems they also tend to draw the attention of annoying adolescent children who are playing a game they shouldn't even be.

Here's a few things I think we should do.

- Remove the escape mods from the server complete ( preferable)
- Create a totally new zombie mod and make it escape only - then make it only maybe classic style escape
-Limit escape maps to a particular limit per 5 barricade maps, 1 escape will be voted on.

P.S Rosie that picture is creepy as Hell.

Evil
09-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Rosie that picture is creepy as Hell.That's what I was thinking.

maynard
09-01-2011, 04:26 PM
P.S Rosie that picture is creepy as Hell.

this...

Pl@YwithM3
09-05-2011, 01:51 PM
i know this talk is all irrelivent to the intended post buuuuuutttt......

COMPLETELY all in favor of removing all escape maps. :smirk: i like what others said as well and as much as people may dissagree with me, there are SOME fairly decent escape maps on the zmod server... like i personally like lakeindusk. its not too long an dragged out, its not one sided for either team, + the tetris radio music at the end of the level makes me wanna dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPFwmO8bYqs) :icon_mrgreen:
but yea like others said:

-remove escape maps entirely
-create a new server for escapes
-ratio the amount of escape maps to cade maps, like 1/5 (play 5 cade maps then 1 escape)
-quit bitching about it an just pretend this discussion never happened

when you think about it though, with the amount of players that donate & buy admin, wouldnt you think ibis could afford a 6th server? :contract:
+ the more servers ibis has, the more "out there" the ibis community is, meaning more players to get drawn in + potential new admins for even more income :wtg:

i say create a new thread for this to lay out all of the potential options and make a community vote. because as productive as putting out all our ideas like this is, it wont get us anywhere anytime soon :violin:

B1ackOut
09-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Yes, if possible, i am in favour of a separate ze server, but as someone has previously stated it will initially cause the population of the server to be split, although we do not know the ratio. But as play has said it will eventually pay for itself in the separate community of regulars that will grow and play in it.

Ze is very popular (for some strange reason:huh:) and would be very successful, stop the complaining and constant rtving to get to a god forsaken ze map, and allow the regulars to pick their preferred choice of play. If ZERO is willing I think many of the community would accept the change as an achievement for zombie mod.:wtg:

Rosie
09-05-2011, 06:32 PM
The idea of having a ratio seems to be the best concept that I have read. Could be 3/1-5/1, but in any case it should go that way no matter what. Meaning if 3-5 ZM maps are played the random vote should only be Escape maps. There are some escape maps that are fun, and some that are just stupid. Eiother way if you want to keep the entire commmunity happy you have to have both. The added stress on Zero, cost, and the splitting of the ZM players, to me should eliminate the option of another server dedicated to ZE.

P.S Rosie that picture is creepy as Hell. I aim to please

NLA
09-07-2011, 12:54 AM
All of you, every single one of you, that hates escape maps and suggests that escape maps should be either completely removed from the server via one mean or another are idiots, and I look forward to posting a short and sweet rebuttal to your idiocy at a slightly later point in time.

Gentlemen, a challenger approaches. :pistols:

Rezel
09-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Ness you only like escape maps because you can boost your rank insanely....

The server actually has been split between escape maps, and barricade maps a long time ago, though from what I told it was not as successful.

I talked to zero about it, and he said that he can setup so that we only play an escape map every 4 maps or so, but the problem with this solution is that its harder for him to put maps on the server.

Joker
09-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Ness you only like escape maps because you can boost your rank insanely....

The server actually has been split between escape maps, and barricade maps a long time ago, though from what I told it was not as successful.

I talked to zero about it, and he said that he can setup so that we only play an escape map every 4 maps or so, but the problem with this solution is that its harder for him to put maps on the server.

yea that sounds like he would just run a script on the server so it would only allow escape maps on the server every 4 maps, but also with the new admin system all maps now according to zero will only show up as often as they are voted for as really good maps and they are not voted opon as good maps than they wouldn't show up that often