PDA

View Full Version : Admin Custom Skins

Frankiieh
08-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Hello there!

Mr.Lollipop reporting! Just wanted to verify this disregarding i buy admin/not, if there's gonna be an implement of skins for the admin section. It'll be very attractive for many users to purchase it plus we'll look different than anyone, after all is an innovation that makes people special anyways. Would be waiting for a reply before taking my choice out. Even though i'm about 95% about shooting-in to the admin team, i would really appreciate my doubt to be solved first since i haven't seen any topic regarding to this yet.

-Francisco

acolyte_to_jippity
08-31-2011, 04:48 PM
Hello there!

Mr.Lollipop reporting! Just wanted to verify this disregarding i buy admin/not, if there's gonna be an implement of skins for the admin section. It'll be very attractive for many users to purchase it plus we'll look different than anyone, after all is an innovation that makes people special anyways. Would be waiting for a reply before taking my choice out. Even though i'm about 95% about shooting-in to the admin team, i would really appreciate my doubt to be solved first since i haven't seen any topic regarding to this yet.

-Francisco

no.

you want to feel special, admin isn't for you. admin is to keep the servers clean and running, not to stand out.

Steamer
08-31-2011, 05:10 PM
no.

you want to feel special, admin isn't for you. admin is to keep the servers clean and running, not to stand out.

Well said. This is not a perk system. If you want a more personal hand in helping keep servers running smooth and clean though, purchase admin. 5 servers, reserved slot, 11$, great deal (Just don't abuse, bad deal). :wtg:

Frankiieh
08-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks! Pretty much appreciated.

Tac
08-31-2011, 08:40 PM
no.

Essentially this, plus having an admin skin is like drawing a big target on yourself :< Some people don't know what the ibis.a tags are, best take advantage of that :3

pwnage
08-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Well said. This is not a perk system. If you want a more personal hand in helping keep servers running smooth and clean though, purchase admin. 5 servers, reserved slot, 11$, great deal (Just don't abuse, bad deal). :wtg:
Agreed. :wtg:

Rosie
08-31-2011, 09:32 PM
Be careful about buying admin after 3 days on the server. Make sure you read the TOS, and know the real rules not the ones that you hear ingame. Welcome to the community though.

Bane of Soldiers
08-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Yeah....and I definitely don't want to see ignorant players think "I wantz dat sk1nz --> I'll buy adminz n0w ---> this nub is pissing me 0ff --> b4n h4mm3r!!!"

admins dont have to bring attention to themselves and encourage dopes to sign up just to fuck up :smirk:

Frankiieh
08-31-2011, 10:12 PM
I don't really think we've to come to those comments honestly. And no, i haven't been in server for 3 days, this is a new account i made some days ago, i've been in the server for quite several time, which most people know me already. And i'm not trying to call the attention like you do "mentioned" with the skins. I was just wondering about the innovation, since there wasn't any topic regarding this i just wanted to clear out that doubt, that's basically all.

-Francisco

acolyte_to_jippity
08-31-2011, 11:09 PM
have you moved in the past few days?

cause your ip has only been used with this 3-day old account.

ZERO
08-31-2011, 11:20 PM
Actually I do have plans to implement admin skins at some point but will only do so if I have really awesome ones made by contracting out the development.

maynard
09-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Actually I do have plans to implement admin skins at some point but will only do so if I have really awesome ones made by contracting out the development.

sexy. lets also not forget about Clan skins =p

Joker
09-01-2011, 01:46 AM
sexy. lets also not forget about Clan skins =p

now let's also not forget about upper level admin skins as well :icon_mrgreen:

maynard
09-01-2011, 01:48 AM
meh...

Joker
09-01-2011, 01:56 AM
meh...

don't meh me.....you have got to be fair. unless you just have a universal skin for all admins, or eles have a skin for each rank/position in the community:wtg:

Frankiieh
09-01-2011, 02:11 AM
I'm from Spain. This IP is from Panama, that's the difference, i was in summer there. But anyways, we're moving out of the theme, i just wanted to clarify that doubt, that's basically all, hopefully i came with a good idea. Thread can be closed. Thanks for the information.

-Francisco

maynard
09-01-2011, 02:26 AM
don't meh me.....you have got to be fair. unless you just have a universal skin for all admins, or eles have a skin for each rank/position in the community:wtg:

upper lvl admins are the same as admins lol... all it means is you've been an admin for a certain amount of time, and we're 2 trust your judgement and give you a bit of extra power, hardly requires somoene 2 create a custom skin given there's A only 5 upper lvl admins and B they are still just admins, with a bit more power... also given zero's going 2 be paying for those so it's done good, I hardly think we need 2 spend extra money for 5 specific ppl lol...

this community equals 3 things. community members, admin and clan, nothing more. the upper lvl admins is a special priv granted, and if you don't feel special enough for having it, maybe you don't deserve it?... even though you don't have it.

maynard
09-01-2011, 02:27 AM

upper lvl admins are the same as admins lol... all it means is you've been an admin for a certain amount of time, and we're going 2 trust your judgement and give you a bit of extra power, hardly requires someone 2 create a custom skin given there's A only 5 upper lvl admins and B they are still just admins, with a bit more power... also given zero's going 2 be paying for this out of community funds, it's hardly important lol...

this community equals 3 things. community members, admins and clan, nothing more. the upper lvl admins is a special priv granted, and if you don't feel special enough for having it, maybe you don't deserve it?... even though no 1 has it yet.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-01-2011, 07:08 AM
admins shouldn't have special skins. it's a gimmick. nothing more. they want to look pretty, then they can install their own client side skins. clan, sure. i can see those having special skins. but not admins.

ZERO
09-01-2011, 12:30 PM
How many levels of skins there are would be totally dependent on the download size of one individual skin. My first concern is to ensure that there is no impact on client download times by having anything like this that is not actually required for the game. Last thing I want is to be slowing down users ability to connect by downloading things that are not required for them to be able to play anyways.

Logically the clan would get any custom skins first to ensure that they get the coolest/best ones that exist. One of the following will be what to expect within the next year:

No custom skins
Custom skins for clan members
Custom skins for clan and admins
Custom skins for clan, upper level, regular admins and reserved slot users

Note that for instances where there would be more than 1 group getting skins the higher the group the better the sinks. If reserved slot users ever got skins it would just look like a normal player model but with enhanced quality and would not say anything on it. If upper level ever had one it would still say <ibis.a> like the normal admin one it would just be a different skin.

Ideally for each level starting with the clan I would like for there to be 3 skins per team that would load automatically depending on the map. For example you would only download and use the desert one on desert maps. While the clan may get X versions it is likely and possible that others may only get x-y versions. Once again it will be dependent on download times, complexity and costs.

I plan to personally create the automated system that handles the assignment of the skins if I ever do it. Note that I will never release skins unless there is a way to disable them when you join the server so that admins ect can still play incognito if they want. Or in the event they do not like or want to use the special skin.

Joker
09-01-2011, 02:20 PM
. Note that I will never release skins unless there is a way to disable them when you join the server so that admins ect can still play incognito if they want. Or in the event they do not like or want to use the special skin.

see now this is the statement I was looking for. I don't always like playing as a admin because some time It's just nice to play and not be an admin.

P.S. maynard I was just making a statement about fairness, but honestly I don't care about special skins. All it would be is an added little perk of the position. :chillpill:

Steamer
09-01-2011, 07:11 PM
this community equals 3 things. community members, admins and clan, nothing more. the upper lvl admins is a special priv granted, and if you don't feel special enough for having it, maybe you don't deserve it?... even though no 1 has it yet.

But..., couldn't Zero himself be a 4th? Yea.. yea.. technically goes with clan...

Also I hope its option 1. :icon_mrgreen:

maynard
09-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Zero's clan. just as upper lvl admins are admins. it's really a matter of if you wana split hairs or not lol.

Steamer
09-01-2011, 07:55 PM
I love splitting hairs... >.> :lmao:

Dj panda
09-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Ive seen this done on jailbreak servers, You can pick a special Skin or just use normal and its only once per map unless you type !skins to change it :o It was really neat, since they had batman as ct joker as T and all that good fun. BUT The only downside that it took a shitload long time to download