PDA

View Full Version : Dead Island

Jeimuzu
09-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Tonight at midnight Dead Island will be released. At which point I will have exactly 9 hours to play.

Those of you who would like to join me, feel free to message me on Steam.

Happy hunting.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Tonight at midnight Dead Island will be released. At which point I will have exactly 9 hours to play.

Happy hunting.

why 9 hours?

maynard
09-05-2011, 05:29 PM
work or school id imagine. I'm gonna wait for a torrent, I got deus ex 2 keep me busy till one comes out ^^

Jeimuzu
09-05-2011, 05:44 PM
I volunteer at my local Fire House from 10 to 6 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

VFV
09-05-2011, 05:55 PM
work or school id imagine. I'm gonna wait for a torrent, I got deus ex 2 keep me busy till one comes out ^^

lol ya...dead island and then hopefully battlefield fucking 3 will be here already...beta will be open for all here this month. then buy it. well worth it to play online MP

BladeTwinSwords
09-06-2011, 06:27 AM
Well, they REALLY fucked up. The Steam version is basically the Dev edition of the Xbox version. I can give myself anything I want and even use god mode.

Jeimuzu
09-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Can't.. Wait.. Until.. Dead Island.. Comes out.. *Twitch*

acolyte_to_jippity
09-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Happy hunting.

...huh?

maynard
09-07-2011, 06:48 PM

??????

anex
09-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Well, I'm out $50. Shit.

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Well, I'm out $50. Shit.
i might be, i just bought Dues ex though =/ i cant juggle games

Dj panda
09-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Dead Island, Not a game worth 50$, Maybe 10$ Its A Terrible game to what it was hyped up to be. You pick up Random Shit around the island and beat zombies with it, And if you get 2 or more zombies on you, Your basicley fucked unless u have a Paddle which breaks Really easily. The Quests On it Suck Balls and are retarded, And Extreemly repetative. You just run around getting a guy around 15 beers so he can get the "Infected" as they call it, not zombies but the "Infected" And When you learn how the infection started, you will go, oh How original, only every other Zombie game has the same thing.

Joker
09-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Dead Island, Not a game worth 50$, Maybe 10$ Its A Terrible game to what it was hyped up to be. You pick up Random Shit around the island and beat zombies with it, And if you get 2 or more zombies on you, Your basicley fucked unless u have a Paddle which breaks Really easily. The Quests On it Suck Balls and are retarded, And Extreemly repetative. You just run around getting a guy around 15 beers so he can get the "Infected" as they call it, not zombies but the "Infected" And When you learn how the infection started, you will go, oh How original, only every other Zombie game has the same thing.

dead island is a good game, but it was fucked up due to the lack of the company that released it, because they released the devoloper version of the game and if it wasn't for that it is a fun game.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-07-2011, 10:38 PM
dead island is a good game, but it was fucked up due to the lack of the company that released it, because they released the devoloper version of the game and if it wasn't for that it is a fun game.

what you mean dev version?

Joker
09-07-2011, 11:16 PM
what you mean dev version?

I mean they released the dev version of ther game so when we would play the game we could noclip, set ourselves in god mode, unlimited durability, spawn weapons and materials and pretty much do w/e the fuc kyou wanted with the game.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-07-2011, 11:24 PM
I mean they released the dev version of ther game so when we would play the game we could noclip, set ourselves in god mode, unlimited durability, spawn weapons and materials and pretty much do w/e the fuc kyou wanted with the game.

o.O

reading into it, they released the dev version of the 360 one...onto pc...

that doesn't normally equate to a working game.

wow

maynard
09-08-2011, 12:09 AM
i might be, i just bought Dues ex though =/ i cant juggle games

games are free, take advantage of it.

BladeTwinSwords
09-08-2011, 12:51 AM
games are free, take advantage of it.

Yarrrr, I smell the rum-breath of a pirate!

I managed to get into the city. At this point the game just throws guns at you and the zombies will kill you in like 3 hits.

maynard
09-08-2011, 12:59 AM
I already got a torrent of this game, just haven't had the time 2 check it out.

A Baby
09-08-2011, 05:09 AM
Speaker, Joker and I played it. We're waiting on a fix for the MP so we can start again, but since then Speaker and I have been playing Co-op via LAN. I'll tell you, this game is awesome! I love it, fucking Fallout 3 with zombies. XD

devour
09-08-2011, 08:18 AM
the multiplayer servers are down on steams side... you can use hamachi to create a vpn and play via "lan" that way

Steamer
09-08-2011, 04:16 PM
GCbT2TxqoQo

maynard
09-08-2011, 06:21 PM
who do you voodoo Bitch!

taz1stP
09-09-2011, 04:07 AM
just rember that u can noclip anytime in the game by pressing k i think im not sure

devour
09-09-2011, 07:43 AM
that was with the intial dev release on steam... you cant do that anymore.

taz1stP
09-10-2011, 05:04 AM
sad face XD

XX0wnsXY
09-11-2011, 01:11 AM
This game is okay. I haven't made it very far, but the only excitement is when you run across a thug so far. We shall see how it unfolds! Right now im wondering if I wasted my 50 bucks on a game that I'll play for a few days and then quit...like many other. I'm hoping something will surprise me.

Joker
09-11-2011, 02:36 AM
This game is okay. I haven't made it very far, but the only excitement is when you run across a thug so far. We shall see how it unfolds! Right now im wondering if I wasted my 50 bucks on a game that I'll play for a few days and then quit...like many other. I'm hoping something will surprise me.

There are rams as well when you into the city and fire zombie and exploding zombies and a whole lot more that you see a little later.

BladeTwinSwords
09-11-2011, 02:40 AM
I reached the Jungle (Act III) today. The game takes a massive dip in difficulty since most of what you fight are actual people with guns. Ammo becomes very plentiful and you will almost never die.

Jeimuzu
09-12-2011, 06:12 AM
I've enjoyed the game so far, except when I join blade's game and there are zombies 10 levels above me. I almost die at that point.. Almost..

When I said I was still waiting for the game to come out, it was because they released the Dev. version of the game.. That's why it was so terrible at first filled with glitches. I genuinely have fun with it though and much rather be playing it right now than getting ready for school. (Yes, I partially get ready for school by reading the IBIS forums.)

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-12-2011, 10:19 AM
cant sleep, lots of shit on my mind, just made an impulsive buy... hope its worth it guys.

So the game looks nice.. but i only got as far as standing out of bed...... cant move, but can punch the wall right next to me and a lamp if i remember correctly.

is this a known bug with the game, where 90% of my keyboard decides not to work the SECOND i start playing a waste of money?

maynard
09-12-2011, 09:16 PM
hoLadZotBuE

LAWL

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-13-2011, 03:12 AM
So i love this game, though the quests are lame iv had alot of fun so far.

1 min im soloing smacking some zombies and curb stomping there faces mashing my e key soon enough im playing with 3 other people taking turns running over zombies in a pick up truck.

Maladjusted
09-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Just started messing around with this game, pretty fun. only like level 21ish atm.

found some mods and modding instructions here : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2106453

from there you can learn to change a lot of settings to make the game look and play better.

how to make changes:
http://youtu.be/OXXacDmEYFc?hd=1

happy gaming

P.S. make sure you read some of the direction so you dont change core game files to lessen the chance of a vac ban.

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Currently in act 2 and am lvl 14, any one want to join?

Joker
09-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Currently in act 2 and am lvl 14, any one want to join?

Me, A Baby and Speaker for the dead are going to be playing tonight, but you may not be a high enought level to be able to play where we are at. We are almost done with the town.

BladeTwinSwords
09-15-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm pretty much the highest leveled character right now at 44.

A Baby
09-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Speaker and I were level 33 on our first account the night it came out. ROFL We played SOOOO long it was retarded. Then they fixed the MP, and we started over with Joker. Last night is the first night we were able to play in awhile since Joker has been busy with his new computer and such. XD