PDA

View Full Version : [ADD] gg textured rats revisited

Goku
09-11-2011, 05:27 PM
So, I am wondering how fun it would be to have the classic rats map up on the server. I made this into the grey/yellow textured version, and thought I'd throw it up here to see if you guys were interested in playing on it. The buy zones are still there, so it could very well be a pub map, too.

Also, as I was contemplating the evolution of mankind, a concern brewed up in the back of my thoughts (along with a pot of coffee on the kitchen table) with the concept of keeping the gaming experience interesting and fresh for the community. Here's where I got the idea of ibis having its own customized maps. The idea in more detail is as follows: The admins all get together in a meeting (like vent or skype) and discuss the ideas they would have to bring or just add to about a completely custom map. I would be happy to make this map from my own computer, and I'd also be interested in hearing what everyone really loves in a map. I'm sure this paragraph could be placed elsewhere on the forums, but I wanted to toss it out there into ibis-land.

Anyway, here is Textured Rats Revisited:
http://www.4shared.com/file/re4bvT4j/gg_textured_rats_revisited.html

Thanks for checking this post out!
~Chris.Son.Goku [Gillman]

Joker
09-14-2011, 09:38 PM
I do know that some gg regs liked the rat maps, but they made the server lag and unstable. They ended up getting removed because of that reason.

Goku
09-17-2011, 06:42 AM
I'm not sure that it would be the map that is unstable, seeing as the server crashes more frequently than any other gg server I've played on. The map is a remake, so maybe testing out gameplay on the sever would be the best judge of that. I did find some hidden blocks (overlapping each other and possibly making the map more expensive) in the file before I compiled it, and got rid of them. I tested it myself with several bots, but I'd like to see it up. It could always be taken down if it causes issues, but I'm almost certain it won't.