PDA

View Full Version : question

slipstream
09-16-2011, 08:11 PM
On a map with really bad cading spots, or even escape maps, are people allowed to go into spec at the end of the round, then wait until zombies spawn which then they join a team as a zombie?

On bad cading maps, they take away a tag from zombies by automatically being a zombie, and are most likely to live because of the crappy cade spots.
On escape maps, zombies usually live anyway and zombies are the ones with the best scores at the end.

Just seems like an exploit in the ranking system. And I am sure those that care about rank won't appreciate those that do this.

-edit-
Just thought of something else too.
Since the person is in spectate, they can now find out where everyone is hiding then spawn as a zombie and go right for anyone hiding in a vending machine, or behind objects zombies might not look behind etc.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-16-2011, 08:44 PM
the second one can be seen as ghosting i think.

B1ackOut
09-16-2011, 09:01 PM
the second one can be seen as ghosting i think.
when i join a game i always go to spectate to see where people are, but i don't join the actual game till next round. It helps to find new spots. But why do does being a zombie without getting tagged bother you, if they join the game that round it is the same thing, some people just dont like being humans on shitty maps. I think its perfectly legal, its like sitting in spec on ze maps, sometimes its the only bearable way to pass the time.

slipstream
09-16-2011, 09:24 PM
blackout, you're must read everything.

A person is already on the server.
They go into spectate at the end of each round.
They wait until the zombie spawns then use !zspawn to spawn as a zombie.
Before they spawn, they can check to see where people are hiding.

It is not the same thing as joining a server and checking to see where people are, doing what I said above can be done each and every round, so it completely defeats the purpose of hiding in vending machines when cading spots are all taken. It's cheating.
And there are a lot of people that are worried about their rank, so by not only finding people's locations, you can avoid being tagged by other people which means they lose out on a kill, but also now that you know where people are, it can be really easy kills.

Andrew_Pavlik
09-16-2011, 09:41 PM
I would say if the person is going back to spec every round to spawn as a zombie the next round just to increase rank on the server then thats against the rules, its semi like leaving and rejoining GG to gain levels, they are bypassing being human and getting tagged and the 'death' it takes with it.

If they wanna stay in spawn and wait to get tagged, thats fine. But the other way can be seen as taking advantage of the scoring system.

As for the Zombies having a 'better score' on escape maps, thats probably always going to happen however humans gain points to there rank by winning/surviving the round so its not about getting kills, its about escaping.

Rosie
09-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Also if the person is going into spec every round they either dies or killed themselves. Both of which means you have to kill a whole lot of humans to make up for that death. I almost never play the first round of a new map and spawn as a zombie on the second.

B1ackOut
09-16-2011, 11:23 PM
blackout, you're must read everything.

A person is already on the server.
They go into spectate at the end of each round.
They wait until the zombie spawns then use !zspawn to spawn as a zombie.
Before they spawn, they can check to see where people are hiding.

It is not the same thing as joining a server and checking to see where people are, doing what I said above can be done each and every round, so it completely defeats the purpose of hiding in vending machines when cading spots are all taken. It's cheating.
And there are a lot of people that are worried about their rank, so by not only finding people's locations, you can avoid being tagged by other people which means they lose out on a kill, but also now that you know where people are, it can be really easy kills.

yes i know, that is why i said " some people just dont like being humans on shitty maps. I think its perfectly legal, its like sitting in spec on ze maps, sometimes its the only bearable way to pass the time."

I did not go into detail about how that can be seen as a rankwhore move, and as rosie said, you must die first to be able to do it, but you can leave the game, which i think should be at least kickable as it can be seen as leaving the server to avoid being tagged.

slipstream
09-16-2011, 11:51 PM
What about sitting in spec to see where people hide then spawning, that's blatant cheating right there, might as well just wall hack.

Spasm
09-17-2011, 05:48 AM
What about sitting in spec to see where people hide then spawning, that's blatant cheating right there, might as well just wall hack.

First, most people don't hide without cading, so even if someone is doing that, they should be caded in, not just hiding in a spot where they are easy to get it. Even if it is a bad map. They also have to die in order to do this, which hurts their rank more then spawning anyways.
Second, escape maps shouldn't even count, your trying to escape not hide.
Third, STOP COMPLAINING Kavinsky jr. Any and everything you post is garbage. All you have been doing is whining and complaining. No one cares or even wants to listen to your posts. If its so bad, then LEAVE.

slipstream
09-17-2011, 07:12 AM
1 - death
5+ - knowing human locations

that is at least a good chance to go 5:1, but I am sure people with better memories than mine could remember more spots, I have a terrible memory and would be lucky to spectate 5 different people in hiding spots and remember how to get to them.

If all the good cading spots are taken, and zombies already spawned, as a last resort people will hide in vending machines, and there are actually quite a few people that do this anyway. So good job, you didn't know this. So someone decides every round to spectate these people that cannot be found by dying at the end of the round and then later spawning as a zombie, just to learn these locations, ya that is unfair, and I consider it cheating.

Like I said, might as well just use a fucking wall hack, thanks for reading and not understanding spasm.

Bane of Soldiers
09-17-2011, 10:09 AM
That's why you integrate teleports and hidden passages into your hiding escapades :wtg: Lol

Osage
09-17-2011, 10:20 AM

this is an asinine accusation. i know you're referring to myself and a few other players who shall remain nameless until they come forward. you can't really see where everyone is if you're spawning from spec immediately when the 1st zombie spawns, yea maybe i see the general direction where people are heading, but i don't sit around in spec until i see where every single player hides. the reason i get so many kills is because i'm a good zombie. i know where people generally like to hide, and what cades are easy to break and which ones i'd rather just say "fuck that" to. most maps you can pretty easily do a room to room search in in less than a couple minutes, in which case anybody just sitting behind a vending machine or crouching behind a table become easy prey. maps i do this on are horrible, like zm_retard, and a few escape maps where the humans have virtually no chance to win regardless if i was a zombie or not. i have never been told by admin or clan to stop doing it, and when they do tell me, i will gladly stop. i'm sure the same can be said of the other individuals that do this, a few of which ARE admins fyi.

pwnage
09-18-2011, 10:32 AM
I feel that even if this was illegal, it would be sorta hard to prove that their intentions were to exploit the ranking system. And personally, I do not think of it as being wrong in any way shape or form, as long as they are not doing it with the sole intention of ranking, and there is a fine line between rank manipulation and playing normally in the given situation.

dontbescaredhomie
09-24-2011, 01:52 AM
damn, i never knew you can do that. but anyways i dont care bout rankings just want to have fun. nice point though but i have to agree w/ pwnage
you dont know if others do it intentionally, for me whenever i joined the server i spectate for 1 round just to look for nice hiding/cading spots especially if its a new map for me, ive been playing zombie mod for only 2months and i speak for all the noobs out there. lol.

Pl@YwithM3
09-24-2011, 12:01 PM
ya.. i already know a REALLY big handfull of ppl who do this to me, because im really good at finding places to hide in basically every map. yes it does piss me tf off, but but honestly theres nothing you can do to stop people from specing where you are.

my solution: if youre in a good enough spot where you feel that no zombie can find/get at you, then stare at the wall or some solid colored object, leaving no indication as to where youre hiding and keeping your spot your own secret. thats what ive been doin for god knows how long. as for the ppl who watch you in spec from the start of the round and watch where you go? ya thats a lost cause :stupid:

acolyte_to_jippity
09-24-2011, 01:41 PM
ya.. i already know a REALLY big handfull of ppl who do this to me, because im really good at finding places to hide in basically every map. yes it does piss me tf off, but but honestly theres nothing you can do to stop people from specing where you are.

my solution: if youre in a good enough spot where you feel that no zombie can find/get at you, then stare at the wall or some solid colored object, leaving no indication as to where youre hiding and keeping your spot your own secret. thats what ive been doin for god knows how long. as for the ppl who watch you in spec from the start of the round and watch where you go? ya thats a lost cause :stupid:

:find you while in spec:
:press space:
:look around:
:...:
:profit:

Pl@YwithM3
09-24-2011, 05:15 PM
you can do that bs? ok iQuit

Bane of Soldiers
09-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Lol xD

In spectate:
-Locked First Person
-Centered Third Person
-Free-Look Third Person

The three visions of ghosters. :moo:

<<VeNoMouS><StatuS:HigH>>
09-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Seriously am I the only one that notices that Hallfagner does this all the time? Since he got unbanned all he does is swtich to spectate and waits for the first zombie to spawn then he joins and gets alot of zombie kills. Look at his stats on psychostats for 18 days straight hes been doing this. Its funny cause ive been accused of doing this yet if you look at my stats you can tell that I bviously dont. Every single day Hallfagner has like 200+ more kills then me yet I have more headshots which is proof that he exploits the spectating to become zombie. I watched him do this at least 6 or 7 times cause I knew he was doing something cheap cause I looked at his stats and there was no way he was getting all these points by killing zombies. For those of you who claim that I do this just look at my stats #1 headshot % and almost #1 in headshot kills in the top10 and I never play escape maps cause I think their pointless and Im the best barricade builder and zombie trapper on this server most of the regulars know this. All I know is if Hallfagner keeps doing what hes doing without getting banned or told to stop then im gonna start doing it cause he sucks and thinks hes good cause he can switch to spectate and spawn as zombie and get easy kills.