PDA

View Full Version : map changing

slipstream
09-16-2011, 09:20 PM
This fucking part of the TOS

Map changes will be dictated by clan members*** / the automated map vote. If there are no high ranking clan members on the server, the first admin on the server will have the privilege of changing the map to what he / she wants. However, this is not to be abused by rapid map changes.

needs to be enforced, mainly the last part dealing with rapid map changes. The last change just pissed me right off too. After a bunch of changes during a round, only a couple rounds into a map (and that's another thing, changing maps during the round, instead of setting the next map and having it change at the end of the round), random map votes pop up from the senior admin.

We vote for lotr moria, we go to mt doom for example of stupidity. What the fuck was the vote even for then.
I'll assume it was saspatoon that did this last map vote while we were on paranoid, since he spoke up about me bitching about the map change. And I bitched about it because we didn't even get through one fucking round before a map vote came up.

The vote went like this
Majority voted don't change
Others voted for euronews
Not enough voted for a decision so it went to a 2nd vote and euronews won
1) Euronews is a really bad map
2) We didn't get to play even one full round of paranoid
3) The admin in question wasn't even on for a full map
4) If people didn't want to play they would rtv

We voted for paranoid I believe, I know pit viper said it was the next map, so maybe he even put it as the next map. Either way, more people wanted to stay on paranoid than to change, but then the secondary vote decided it, but again, not even one full round finished.

Just fucking remove rtv and random map votes if admins are just going to join the server and set it to w/e the hell map they like or put up random map votes like this after 1-2 rounds. It's getting annoying and it unnecessary, also it happens more often than people think.

-edit-
In the time it took me to write this post, the map went from euronews to urban downtown.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-16-2011, 09:30 PM
the senior admin can change the map to whatever he/she wants. the votes don't really mean anything.

sometimes, a vote goes through and the senor admin finds that the map sucks, and so changes it. that's perfectly in their rights.

you need to stop bitching.

slipstream
09-16-2011, 09:40 PM
However, this is not to be abused by rapid map changes.
Not one full round on paranoid, because an admin doesn't like the map he decides to change it, and notice the edit on my first post, map went from euronews to urban downtown in a short time. What is the fucking point of voting for maps when admins can just put it to what ever the fuck they want. 2 admins join near the end of one map, we go to the next one and they don't like it so one of them changes it? That's just fucked up. People want to play maps, not watch as the map is constantly changed to shitty ass maps like euronews.

And since pit viper was senior and I will just say he set the next map to paranoid, even if he is not there for the map, what gives any other admin the right to switch it. They were on for the last part of mt doom I believe and pit viper was there til the end, and the next map was paranoid, they shouldn't just change it to a different map because he is no longer there, especially after such a short time on the new map.

Pit_Viper1
09-16-2011, 09:45 PM
I was in spec the entire time and was only partially watching what was going on. The map changes were done by Evil.

Bane of Soldiers
09-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Euronews is a great map :stone:

Rezel
09-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Changing a map is under the control of the senior admin, if the map vote is bad he has the right to change it as he wishes, he however should not be changing a map as soon as the map round starts. Abuse refers to rapidly changing the map as a map starts.

If you find an admin who is constantly changing the map at the start of the round then send me or another upper level admin a Pm and we will handle it; Seeing as its not really a major abuse issue it can be handled without making posts. I will not keep repeating myself with these posts, most of this can be delt with simply by looking it up, or asking someone.

Constant Active Clan you can message:
Maynard
Rezel

Upper Level Admins
Blade Twin Swords
Link
Spasm
Xerenix

B1ackOut
09-16-2011, 11:36 PM
map went from euronews to urban downtown in a short time.

People want to play maps, not watch as the map is constantly changed to shitty ass maps like euronews.

#1 euronews was played through the whole map, and there was only one quick change and it was from paranoid(which can, not always break the server) to euronews.

#2 that is your opinion, not that you are not entitled to hold an opinion, but it isnt really a good point to bring up as someone will always disagree, such as myself on this particular map. Also it is my opinion to say paranoid is a shitty map.

Please stop making threads about every little thing that pisses you off, please, you are a fairly good regular but you just dont know when to quit your bitchin, so please for the sanity of the community, and before you piss of a clan member stop. Just keep it to yourself until you have other people who are similarly pissed and/or legitimate reasons and proof, not just one time on one map.

slipstream
09-16-2011, 11:49 PM
It's not one time, it happens often. Why put up a map vote after 1-2 rounds of a map, let the players play and if they want change they will rtv. If the senior admin is bored of the map after 1-2 rounds, they will put up a vote to see if people want to play the map, if no wins, they instantly put up a map vote, or change it to w/e they want.

Also, so far every time I have been on paranoid, has to be at least 12-15 times now, the map has only crashed the server once, and the server was already laggy, so I am sure that has something to do with it. And for the most part, it still won't crash it unless it does that one that removes all the walls all at once.

These posts I make, don't just happen after a one time happening, they are made after these incidents happen often enough to warrant a post.

And even though admins have the right to change to w/e map they want, they still shouldn't, unless it is a really shitty map, most players would rather play the map they are on than constantly switch, and if majority of players would rather stay on a map, then just leave it at that. And I know for sure the one day chris young put up multiple votes about changing the map one after another to try and get majority to vote for a change. And he isn't the only one to do that, and notice how only now I make a post about it.

I won't always make a formal complaint, this is just to bring this matter to everyone's attention.

Rezel
09-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Changing a map is under the control of the senior admin, if the map vote is bad he has the right to change it as he wishes, he however should not be changing a map as soon as the map round starts. Abuse refers to rapidly changing the map as a map starts.

If you find an admin who is constantly changing the map at the start of the round then send me or another upper level admin a Pm and we will handle it; Seeing as its not really a major abuse issue it can be handled without making posts. I will not keep repeating myself with these posts, most of this can be delt with simply by looking it up, or asking someone.

Constant Active Clan you can message:
Maynard
Rezel

Upper Level Admins
Blade Twin Swords
Link
Spasm
Xerenix

I will not post this again, If i have to in another post I will not be so nice.

maynard
09-17-2011, 01:29 AM
no 1 is putting a vote up Einstein... it's automated, and happens when there's certain amount of time left... if a admin changes the map and you rtv it, he can cancel the rtv vote if he really wanted.

admins should not abuse this priv or over use it as the admin in question is not the only person playing on the server... if you feel someone has done something wrong, I will explain 2 you once again and one last time what 2 do... MAKE A ABUSE THREAD... WITH PROOF...