PDA

View Full Version : Teddy | 10-3-2011 | 5:21 ET | STEAM_0:0:43231680

Disflux
10-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Name in Game: Teddy
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:43231680
Where: Gungame
Link to ban: http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:43231680%20&advType=steamid
Reason for perma ban: Wall hacks
Demo: 4159

Joker and I both felt that this guy was shady once we noticed a weird jiggle in his shots, so we both decided to pull the SourceTV Demos to take a better look at him. Upon looking, it wasn't an aimbot (we're guessing he's using a trackball) but rather him being a crappy wall-hacker. If you take a look at tics 17000 and 18300, use sv_cheats 1 and r_drawothermodels 2 (or mat_wireframe 3, whatever is your preference) and slow it way down to around 10%, you can see him tracking people across the walls. This is especially apparent during the round of tic 18300, where you can see him alter his shot at the door (which arguably most people do). His altered shot gets placed directly on the opponents head, and if he wouldn't have been moving, would've been a perfect headshot through the doors. Right after this you can see him scope in and track a player as the player makes his way towards the ladder, when he realizes there's a wall there, he then moves to the left and starts focusing on those players.

There are also other spots throughout the entirety of the demo, but Joker and I felt that these two spots, especially tic 18300, were more important to note. If you continue to watch on full speed, you can see him pre-judging players throughout the map, some of which can not be traced to hearing footsteps due to the fast nature of the kills.

Penis シ
10-03-2011, 05:34 PM
LOL! I hope he was hacking. I won two maps with him in the server! That's awesome!

Joker
10-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Yes I would have to agree with disflux with this, as I was the one who pointed out a few spots in the demo. Disflux made the ban because I had to go to work when we found enough evidence to convict him or eles I would have banned him myself.

Spasm
10-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Not hacking. I think you guys are looking into this a little more then you should have. You were looking for aimbot and found walls, what you really did was over analyze the demo. Tick 17000, he killed like 3 or 4 people. The first two where just running through the door, predictable and sound there. The ones through the window were shooting at him before the guys came through the door, that's why he knew they were there. He is getting shot on his left side so he turns to look and just happens to fall onto another guy when he was turning. That's just coincidence. He is moving way too fast for that to be considered for any kind of tracking. Just because you were watching him in 10 percent doesn't mean he was playing at that rate. Onto the next tick.
Tick 18300 shows him shooting at the door at what looks like an attempt at a headshot with the scout. I watched the whole demo and he does this almost every time with every gun; randomly shooting through the door, on no other time did it look like any kind of wall hacks. He is just randomly shooting through the door, which a lot of people do. I will say this guys, it is extremely difficult to prove wall hacks on small and predictable maps such as churches and simpsons_h1. There is too much of a chance for radar, predictability, and just luck. I vote no ban on this one.

Osage
10-03-2011, 10:08 PM
:wtg: yea, theres like 4 total walls on simpsons h1, like spasm said it's just way to predictable a map to say "oh, how did he know i was there", i mean theres only like a few places to even look.

Link
10-04-2011, 05:40 AM
Ban overturned.

No hacks here that I can tell.

Thread closed.