PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on Getting Grabber to Work on my Server

alpinestars
10-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Hi Im looking for someone to help me add grabber onto my server that is running sourcemod. I installed this grabber http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=45976 on my server and did everything right and it didnt work. Can someone please help me fix this ASAP, am I maybe using the wrong type of grabber plugin for sourcemod or what??

BTW my server is a WCS.

Nemesis
10-04-2011, 03:58 AM
I'll post on both your threads so you can find it:

Do you have the right PeN adapter? if it's not the right one it'll fuck up the look up function with the script. If you look on PeN Island you should be able to get the right one for your server.

So go to PeNisland.com and search your Grabber there.

alpinestars
10-04-2011, 04:05 AM
omg your so funny. anyways, im looking for a mature person to please help me fix this, thanks

Link
10-04-2011, 05:49 AM
mature people???? where!

i know nothing about servers and cannot help you. sowwy. :(

acolyte_to_jippity
10-04-2011, 09:59 AM
omg your so funny. anyways, im looking for a mature person to please help me fix this, thanks

don't listen to them. they're just asshats.

anyway, i don't know mmuch about this myself, but i do remember there being some conflicts between SM and sockets a while ago, which might be your problem. the fix was fairly easy, but it wasn't one of those obvious ones. (just fyi, sockets is used heavilly to allow sourcemods to run). It might also be sdkHooks, though if there was a problem with that plugin, you would at least be able to play, grabber just wouldn't work. try going here:

http://tinyurl.com/smfixed

it's an old site, run by a few of sourceMod's original coders, after they split a few years ago. download the tool that's there, which should automatically check your installs of sockets and sdkHooks for errors. if that doesn't work, i'd just post on the grabber thread itself!

hope this helps, and i'm sorry for the assholes earlier.

Steamer
10-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Assholes they may be, I respect their choice of not helping inside this game community, it is counterintuitive. There are much better places to ask, like AlliedModders forums, a place that cares not much of competing server space.

Also, good luck with your server.

ZERO
10-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Interesting, I did not even know that mod still worked.

Also if you are using the latest SM MM and SDK hooks you should not be having errors (I would assume).