PDA

View Full Version : BASH of the admins

weeman2412
09-15-2008, 04:07 PM
seriously ever since the insane surge of new admins.. theres been constant bashing between the upper admins the lower admins and the whole community of zombie IBIS... its like people have problems with new admins or something.. do you guys have a constant need to point out there is a huge amount of people with <ibis.a> in their names... thanx for pointing out the obvious.. btw i heard people are saying i abuse admin.. how the crap am i abusing when all i do is mapvotes when im the only admin on the server... as well as give beacon to anyone that asks.. and maybe sometimes freeze and slap myself when im in a really good spot..as well as kick some people that are blantantly !ztele-ing away from zombies and blocking intentionally... other then that i pretty much maintain my normal gameplay attitude i have been doing for the last 3 months+

btw i pressed the "slay myself" button once just once.. and some dude screamed over the mic omfg stop its gonna crash the server... yes i know i was testing to see whether i can actually kill myself by slaying...

and also when i slap people they actually asked me to slap them.. and of course the slap will not benefit them in any shape way or form.. but its rather just for fun after around 2+ hour of gameplay..

thats all i got to say.. respond if you want to.. just dont bring your flamethrowers and greenades..

Dual
09-15-2008, 04:24 PM
There are no upper and lower admins in ibis a.

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-15-2008, 04:28 PM
We make fun of zombie admins the most because they fuck up the most. Not every admin, but many of the complaints are about zombie admins.

Dual
09-15-2008, 04:33 PM
We make fun of zombie admins the most because they fuck up the most. Not every admin, but many of the complaints are about zombie admins.

The Zombie server gets alot of admin complaints due to most of us IBIS member admins play in the pub... and don't really play in zombie server to make sure things are running correctly.

Dual
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
And when I play in the Zombie server... Everytime Im there everything is usually running smooth.

weeman2412
09-15-2008, 04:48 PM
by upper and lower i mean admins that have been admins for a long time and those who have just obtained admin..

ZERO
09-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Yea it is basically a long running joke to make fun of the zombie admins. It is mainly because the larger 30 server and being zombie mod has a lot more kayos going on. As a result there are more people flipping out over stuff.

weeman2412
09-15-2008, 04:50 PM
actually i didn't notice any madness going on until like this week when i became admin -.-"

vicious
09-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Slaying doesn't crash the server, i even tested it once by running a command to slay everyone on the zm server several times, "slight" lag, no crash.

Wanna crash the server? beacon everyone at the same time. But im sure zero will ban any dumbass admin to try that. (btw i would know cause of other servers on that one)

Mallissin
09-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Could also be that there are less Zombie mod servers than regular pub servers, and thus more regulars.

More regulars acting foolishly decide they're tired of being punished for breaking the rules, so they buy admin to voice spam, slap their friends, change their color, makeup rules and enforce their ego, while avoiding prosecution by other admins.

The few admins who care leave and those that stay make war with each other.

And with that, I cancel my subscription.

weeman2412
09-15-2008, 10:27 PM
w.e. happened to the rank system you guys thought up last month about senior admins banning new admins?

Baliame
09-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Yea it is basically a long running joke to make fun of the zombie admins. It is mainly because the larger 30 server and being zombie mod has a lot more kayos going on. As a result there are more people flipping out over stuff.

I think he's referring to a certain admin I do not wish to name, who THINKS he is over all other admins (despite just being admin longer than the new ones, but just being a regular admin), and blatantly tells them to shut the fuck up multiple times just for having a friendly talk over mic.

Cujo
09-16-2008, 02:23 PM
lol ... just the other day I got called the "serious" admin when I got in..forgot who said it.. Sorry i don't take crap from morons..The reason the ZM admins get "bashed" and get posts in admin abuse, is because when you have 30 players in there and 2/3's of them are morons , and the others players are admins who CLEARLY do not deserve it..your gonna get shit.. I mean a ton of players love Stamp and I when we're on, but there are the other players that hate us cuz we USE admin, when they are being stupid. Hell you should hear Zero when he plays ZM..The words that come out of his mouth..
and please don't bash ZM.. We keep that server full..we have to keep kicking people who are afk, cuz I get atleast 6-7 steam IM's a night asking for any afks.. plus look at how meny players buy admin to IBIS just on the ZM side..you keep slamming ZM yet it makes Zero money to keep this thing going..

Squalus
09-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Sadly, it's a battle you'll never win.

You have alot of admins = people bitching about there being too many admins.
You have just a few admins = people bitching about there never being an admin on.

I personally prefer alot of admin to a few. For one it generates more $$$ for ZERO to keep the servers going and second it gaurantees that an admin is going be on at any point during the day.

I frequent the Zombie server and have personally never seen any "admin abuse" with the exception of the whole Rodrigo fiasco.

Baliame
09-16-2008, 03:34 PM
But there are the other players that hate us cause we USE admin, when they are being stupid.

Oh yeah. I get a lot of that, but quite frankly I don't really care what rulebreakers think about me or say, I'd even be okay with half the regulars hating me because I do my job, but getting shit unprovoked from another admin is just demoralizing.

MafiaMatic
09-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Im usually on at odd times in the night where im the only admin on. We arent trying to put you down (or at least im not...) i just think its funny to make fun of new admins...You can make fun of me if it makes you feel better. Lol. Although i dont know you. I only made fun of cathy getting admin that night.

Cujo
09-16-2008, 05:22 PM
I think the whole new admin thing is like being in a frat.. Yeah your gonna get shit from the others at the start..but if you use it in way that is smart..then the talk goes down and we move on. You use it in a dumb-ass way..your gonna hear abou it

weeman2412
09-16-2008, 06:43 PM
hey its actually not that bad.. but jeeze first day was hell for me -.-".. but as long as you keep everybody happy with the beacon request and change maps when people want (and kick all the assholes including people with name asshole) , they'll love u ^^

btw wheres the list for all the ma__ commands? the only ones i know is ma_admins O.o"

btw i notice people are getting kick more often then usual... and since there are lots of admins on at any given time weeding out the glitchers, cade breakers, and all others (racists) is so much easier and keeps the server clean..

also when are you guys getting new maps i notice there are atleast 5 maps where people will beg to be changed... *cough* tvstation *cough*cough*

and some maps are just extremely overplayed.. such as highschool and atix.. is there a section where i can recommend a few maps to zero?

==edit==
my god Cujo you play so late at night O.O... i remembered last month we play at the same time -.-
did u move to a different time zone or something?

its good all the jokes about me are over... and mostly shifted towards cathy... but why on earth are people so surprised i became admin?

Cujo
09-16-2008, 07:26 PM
No..I'm always on late..it's better for me.. Durring the day TOOOOOO MANY fucking kids on..We prob played when the G/F was away (I get on earlier) when that happend ;) lol

lukeydukey
09-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Use ma_help for command list

note most of them can also be executed through chat.
so instead of ma_command in console

do any chat with @command target

if it's something like color type @color and it'll display the variables you can use

same with most of the other commands

aside from that be good with your admin and honestly, you don't have to please everybody.

ZERO
09-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Sadly, it's a battle you'll never win.

You have alot of admins = people bitching about there being too many admins.
You have just a few admins = people bitching about there never being an admin on.

I personally prefer alot of admin to a few. For one it generates more $$$ for ZERO to keep the servers going and second it gaurantees that an admin is going be on at any point during the day.

I frequent the Zombie server and have personally never seen any "admin abuse" with the exception of the whole Rodrigo fiasco.

Exactly why we have the system that we invented, that of selling it to anyone that wants it. The free market will naturally find the equilibrium with most efficiency. :smirk:

ZERO
09-16-2008, 08:59 PM
In the server section you can make a post about maps that you would want to have added or removed.

Baliame
09-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Im usually on at odd times in the night where im the only admin on. We arent trying to put you down (or at least im not...) i just think its funny to make fun of new admins...You can make fun of me if it makes you feel better. Lol. Although i dont know you. I only made fun of cathy getting admin that night.

Well this particular admin was like something else than that. He doesn't pick the players, he just generally tells everyone to shut the hell up (including admins) who don't meet his fucking standards.

MafiaMatic
09-17-2008, 05:22 PM
>.> i was talking to weeman... So im confused by your comment.

Baliame
09-18-2008, 09:45 AM
It was perfectly appropriate as a reply to my case, therefore I was slightly confused as well.

FlawLessGamer
09-18-2008, 04:28 PM
This is only my opinion and i hope i dont suffer any repercussions for my thoughts but sole zombie server admins should not be allowed to be admin on the pub intell they put some time playing there and getting to know how shit is done on that server im tired of telling zombies server admins to stop changeing every1s color and being dicks to our regs. it happens alot i dont know it maybe just me but the mentality i get from most of zombie server players is one of a 10year old who cant play real css. well thats not every1 just some. once more just my 2cents

deprodigy
09-18-2008, 05:20 PM
and remember no color when you come to the pub :)

deaf
09-18-2008, 06:23 PM
hey i play in both servers :P
im pretty decent at css but u know, sometimes u just wanna unload and have fun and not worry about having your head awped off from the other side of the map

Rapedollar$
09-19-2008, 11:27 AM
some of the zm admins are decent css players... but yea they need to cut out the kiddy shit when they come to the pub... from retarded votes, all talk, changing color..... that shit is just unnecessary in the pub

Charlie
09-20-2008, 12:59 PM
this thread brought a lot of attention :P

weeman2412
09-20-2008, 06:19 PM
well ever since the surge of admins.. theres been less bullshit on the zombie servers but in exchange for less idiots.. theres 1 additional retarded admin... (zm regs know who it is) ... well i do play other stuff other then zombeis just not in IBIS seeing how theres like barely any people in the PUB server... i like those insane matches with like 64 people where one nade wipes 6+ people ^^

ZERO
09-21-2008, 01:28 PM
do not worry as the admin number is already set to reduce by 5 or so by the end of the month and another 3 or so by the middle of next month. Remember admins are always coming and going surges only last for a short time before balance restores itself. This is why when I calculate how much I really have to spend I look only at subs older than 3 months because if those people have subs older than that and are active then the income is stable.

weeman2412
09-21-2008, 01:52 PM
haha don't worry expect me to be admin for many months to come ^^

Vladninja
09-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Could also be that there are less Zombie mod servers than regular pub servers, and thus more regulars.

More regulars acting foolishly decide they're tired of being punished for breaking the rules, so they buy admin to voice spam, slap their friends, change their color, makeup rules and enforce their ego, while avoiding prosecution by other admins.

The few admins who care leave and those that stay make war with each other.

And with that, I cancel my subscription.

And with that we have lost another good Admin.... Anyone noticing a trend?

+Project.S+
09-21-2008, 07:59 PM
a good admin? haha

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-21-2008, 08:08 PM
And with that we have lost another good Admin.... Anyone noticing a trend?

Of course there is a fucking trend. Did you not read ZERO's fucking post thats 2 above yours?!? It goes up and down.

Vladninja
09-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Of course there is a fucking trend. Did you not read ZERO's fucking post thats 2 above yours?!? It goes up and down.

calm down there sparky... I surender. I did read Zero's post my point was the loss of good admins. Does it really balance out if we lose 3 good admins and gain 5 crappy ones? But it was just "My thoughts (right or wrong Im still allowed free thought)" Im not starting any war, or looking for any trouble. Just seen alot of good admins give up adminship this month. Thats all.

lukeydukey
09-21-2008, 08:40 PM
calm down there sparky... I surender. I did read Zero's post my point was the loss of good admins. Does it really balance out if we lose 3 good admins and gain 5 crappy ones? But it was just "My thoughts (right or wrong Im still allowed free thought)" Im not starting any war, or looking for any trouble. Just seen alot of good admins give up adminship this month. Thats all.

Of course it's not going to balance out "entirely/exactly". As much as I hate idiots getting admin, I have to admit, the more increased revenue IBIS has the more assurance there will be that these servers will still be here in the future. Idiot admins will lose their admin by doing stupid shit consistently. It's happened before and will continue to happen. Either that or the kiddies' moms found out they jacked their credit card to pay for their admin. Considering the fluctuation in admin subscriptions, sometimes I want to believe it's the latter and not the former.

weeman2412
09-21-2008, 10:17 PM
anyone know if cathy got his/her admin thingy revoked cuz i haven't seen him/her in like forever

btw how many "good admin" did we lose? and is rodrigo considered good?

deaf
09-21-2008, 10:23 PM
.... i cant believe u asked if rodrigo is considred good. honest question, are you new to the server?

lukeydukey
09-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Rodrigo got his admin revoked after several people posted demos of him slapping himself to not get killed and other stupid shit like that. The problem with his admining is that he always used it for his benefit (especially map changes) regardless of what admin was on first. Specifically: always...i mean always changed the map to lila_panic_v2 upon connecting. Don't get me wrong from time to time admins will do stupid stuff, but that was ridiculous.

Vladninja
09-22-2008, 02:07 AM
.... i cant believe u asked if rodrigo is considred good. honest question, are you new to the server?

hahaha yeah he is new.. and no Rodrigo is not a good admin... niether is Cathy give it a month and she will have admin revoked.

weeman2412
09-22-2008, 12:20 PM

haha man i was being sarcastic sorry for the confusion.. nah im not new to the server.. im quite the regular... been playing since forever... but my in game name just got stable recently.. since 3 months ago... before i went by... .:InSigNia:. or The Great Gatsby and various other names that i can't possibly remember right now... but now i'm permanantly knowns as

=WEEMAN= <ibis.a>

//edit//

oh yay i found out the closest possible date since my stable stay on the server.. it dates back to June 12, 2008 back then it was Gatsby .:The Real One:.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm_stats/player.php?id=3643

current - http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm_stats/player.php?id=25401