PDA

View Full Version : Auto Assign

Crazyyoshi
10-06-2011, 07:41 PM
I have seen a problem of people team stacking in maps. I for one like the challenge but others don't. That is why I think that having auto assign be the only choice to have when joining a team. That way it is always random and no one can join the winning team when they come in. That way no one can compain about stacked teams. I know people like to play with there friend but I think it needs to be fair to everyone.

Chikun
10-08-2011, 07:42 PM
I second this motion. The "I only like playing T side" excuse is getting old because apparently everyone does.

BladeTwinSwords
10-08-2011, 08:14 PM
So you are saying that my "I want a TMP cause it's the cheapest gun" excuse is not valid.

ChosenofChaos
10-14-2011, 12:17 AM
It's also bad when people just sit in spec until someone joins and then just swap to the other team.

maynard
10-14-2011, 05:11 AM
Lol welcome 2 counter strike... people been doing that since day 1 of release... it's hardly anything new.

ChosenofChaos
10-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Truer words* can never be spoken doesn't matter whether is cs, 1.6 or condition zero. It still hasn't changed and probably never will.

maynard
10-14-2011, 05:35 AM
it's better being on the losing team anyway... you don't get better at the game by being on the winning team.

ChosenofChaos
10-14-2011, 05:42 AM
That's a very true sentiment and I always swap to the losing team because I figure its more challenging and I'll probably get more kills on it as well instead of having to scrounge up for left overs xD

HypeRNT
12-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Im not really sure what would be the problem here, it seems a pretty easy fix, and a minor one which would result in a pretty big Positive change. And by that i mean that the teams would be less stacked. I honestly see no reason to let players pick their own teams just because stacking is a big problem. I have been playing here and i see almost every single map either 16-0 ct or next map 16-0 T and its just kind of annoying a little. This shouldn't be hard to change, and it would help alot by getting rid of stackers.

At the end of the day this isn't call of duty were you can play same gun on either side, if you haven't learned to play with sided weapons yet, then this will be your chance to learn. Either way, this is a must have update and i hope it happens sooner then later.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Im not really sure what would be the problem here, it seems a pretty easy fix, and a minor one which would result in a pretty big Positive change. And by that i mean that the teams would be less stacked. I honestly see no reason to let players pick their own teams just because stacking is a big problem. I have been playing here and i see almost every single map either 16-0 ct or next map 16-0 T and its just kind of annoying a little. This shouldn't be hard to change, and it would help alot by getting rid of stackers.

At the end of the day this isn't call of duty were you can play same gun on either side, if you haven't learned to play with sided weapons yet, then this will be your chance to learn. Either way, this is a must have update and i hope it happens sooner then later.

i'm pretty sure the general consensus was that it's not going to happen...

also don't necro

HypeRNT
12-30-2011, 12:34 PM
i'm pretty sure the general consensus was that it's not going to happen...

also don't necro

Not sure whose consensus you are talking about seeing how every1 who play's in the server agree's instantly, maybe its just you?

Also, not sure what you mean by "don't necro"

Blackmage
12-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Don't necro means "don't bring an old post from the grave". Basically, he's asking you to make a new thread on a topic we've already discussed...

acolyte_to_jippity
12-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Not sure whose consensus you are talking about seeing how every1 who play's in the server agree's instantly, maybe its just you?

no, not everyone who plays in the server. only peoiple who tend to bitch about teams does. besides, maynard pretty much killed it.

maymay's clan.

HypeRNT
01-01-2012, 01:56 AM
no, not everyone who plays in the server. only peoiple who tend to bitch about teams does. besides, maynard pretty much killed it.

maymay's clan.

hmmm, and here i thought every1 who bitched about the team's were EVERYONE in the server. I also didnt know it was his clan, i thought for a "CLAN" to be a clan it required to have multiple people in it and therefor not just one person making decisions that effects multiple people. Anyways i dont want to be *necroing* now that i learned what it means, will be my last post on this thread since "he already made up his mind".

Carmichal
01-01-2012, 02:13 AM
hmmm, and here i thought every1 who bitched about the team's were EVERYONE in the server. I also didnt know it was his clan, i thought for a "CLAN" to be a clan it required to have multiple people in it and therefor not just one person making decisions that effects multiple people. Anyways i dont want to be *necroing* now that i learned what it means, will be my last post on this thread since "he already made up his mind".

you're an ass, and I don't like you. Learn what we do here, not just assume, or gtfo! This isn't just any old WCS server this is IBIS.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-01-2012, 02:43 AM

the apostraphe was a contracting apostraphy, not a possessive one. i wasn't saying it was maynard's clan, but that maynard's (meaning maynard is) clan. and clan runs everything. they are the hand-picked disciples of our god. therefore, their word carries pretty much all the weight you'll ever need. especially when it comes to maynard, who was accepted into ibis after a few years of app time, because he played wcs constantly. he was the single most knowlegeble person about the mod, the rules, etc etc. so, in matters regarding wcs, when he vetoes something, it's done. the only place where that's not true is in balanceing changes for the races.

and, interestingly enough, tonight i played when the t's had won about 14 rounds out of 17. so the ct's had only won 3. guess what i did? i changed my class. ct's won the next 6 straight rounds. people on wcs need to understand that some races are tough to beat. BUT, you're also fully allowd to change your race to deal with said tough races. shadow hunter is a low-level hard counter to a HUGE number of the other races.

tl;dr, sometimes teamstacking happens. rarely is it ever a problem enough to require admin action. deal with it.

HypeRNT
01-04-2012, 07:11 PM
the apostraphe was a contracting apostraphy, not a possessive one. i wasn't saying it was maynard's clan, but that maynard's (meaning maynard is) clan. and clan runs everything. they are the hand-picked disciples of our god. therefore, their word carries pretty much all the weight you'll ever need. especially when it comes to maynard, who was accepted into ibis after a few years of app time, because he played wcs constantly. he was the single most knowlegeble person about the mod, the rules, etc etc. so, in matters regarding wcs, when he vetoes something, it's done. the only place where that's not true is in balanceing changes for the races.

and, interestingly enough, tonight i played when the t's had won about 14 rounds out of 17. so the ct's had only won 3. guess what i did? i changed my class. ct's won the next 6 straight rounds. people on wcs need to understand that some races are tough to beat. BUT, you're also fully allowd to change your race to deal with said tough races. shadow hunter is a low-level hard counter to a HUGE number of the other races.

tl;dr, sometimes teamstacking happens. rarely is it ever a problem enough to require admin action. deal with it.

Im glad that you changing your race carried your team to win 6 straight, but you know what happens most of the time? other people change races as well. You can't assume that because you can change race that you can just win 6 straight or make it a close game. Teams get stacked id say from playing just a few hours about 70 percent of the time. Take Assault for example, everyone rushes to the server and the first people to connect all join T's and the rest are forced CT, and its the same people on the same teams per map every map. And every time it gets to like 14-0 it takes people from the winning team to go spec and then rejoin to the opposite team, which you shouldn't have to do, its not a big deal to let people auto assign rather then be allowed to team stack if they so choose.

This isn't a big deal, by no means am i typing angry or anything like that, to me this seems like a very minor tweak that could be used to make the server even better and therefor i am wondering why it was shut down or not being considered anymore. I see no negatives from doing this and only positives.

Chikun
01-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Because as much as I'd like to say that I'd like there to be only an Auto-Assign option there are many maps where I do like playing as a CT or a T. Unfortunately, once I pick a side, I usually will never switch because it's most likely the side I prefer to play on for that specific map. I do however prefer to play as a CT on Assault and camp the roof as a bloodmage and rob people blind.

This is still CS, headshots do matter, unless you're playing an evasion race in which case I hate your face for dodging my boom headshots.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-04-2012, 07:35 PM
i always play ct if i can. especially on maps like assault, crackhouse, or militia.

you don't understand, and that's ok. you don't have to. just accept it.

Chikun
01-04-2012, 07:39 PM
i always play ct if i can. especially on maps like assault, crackhouse, or militia.

you don't understand, and that's ok. you don't have to. just accept it.

lol playing as a CT on crackhouse is a joke,

1.) teleport in
2.) grab hosties
3.) teleport out

Round over after 20 seconds.

Blackmage
01-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Take Assault for example, everyone rushes to the server and the first people to connect all join T's and the rest are forced CT,

Oh so wrong it's not even funny. There are many maps where certain sides are preferable to a portion of the community, but a decent sized portion will pick CT, and a another portion picks Auto. The first may be larger than either of the second two, but given we almost never have anyone in spec come round two, that means it's not larger than the sum total, and probably smaller. Yes, there are people who will stack the winning team, but that's also any map. We even have a decent number of times where the CTs will WIN Assault quite easily.

As for no negatives all positives, you do lose the ability to play with friends as easily, but I do agree it IS mostly positives.

Dj panda
01-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Easy to win assault if you dont have idiots on your team XD

Blackmage
01-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Easy to win assault if you dont have idiots on your team XD

Easy to win ANY map if you don't have idiots on your team... There's a MINOR problem there :P