PDA

View Full Version : Some complaints I have with the mod.

LuckyStar >:D / Phenixtri
10-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Yea is there any way we can fix the zombies and stop them from having a 6+ foot fucking reach? Its beyond annoying and its not my connection other players on the server have complained about this too. Zombies can tag you from 6 feet but humans have to be point blank to knife a zombies its completely cheap >>

The other thing I don't get is why that restricted weapons that are placed on certain maps are not usable. I understand why we cant buy them but if the map creator placed them on them map then he obviously thought that the players would need them. And even when they are placed on the map they dont have an ammo reserve so no reloading them.

Just my only complaints so far other than that the server is spot on in terms of game play.

Osage
10-08-2011, 02:50 AM
i have the exact opposite problem. personally i have an extremely short knife (no innuendo intended) but it gets kind of ridiculous when im like literally an inch away from somebody and can't knife them. it's on and off though, sometimes i get a really long knife then it goes back to short. it's kind of wierd. my theory is latency, since my latency is so low (around 5-15) and most people who get swords tend to have over 100 latency (cough cough, europeans)

Shadow_√II
10-08-2011, 03:04 AM
you guys just suck lol

Bane of Soldiers
10-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Likely, it's just lag.....

Srry72
10-08-2011, 01:33 PM
The map creators might also not have wanted parachutes on their maps but we still use them.

And I've been having issues shooting zombies. I can't seem to hit them with any gun on some maps. Might be me lagging though. As far as knifing, Hall does have an extremely short knife (in game) and zombies do tend to knife humans from far away.

10-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Yea the problem is that zombies tends to have a longer knife range than humans which is why i get annoyed by it. All I want to see is some consistency so that the humans can knife the zombies from the same range as a last resort as I do sometimes.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-09-2011, 01:19 PM
well, the gun thing is a flaw in the mod. the version of zm we use doesn't allow that.

oh well. who cares.

and i've never noticed the knifing problem. odd. i'll try it out a bit

10-09-2011, 04:27 PM
The knife issue is primarily that the LMB attack with the knife IE the fast attack has a longer ranger then the alt attack that is slower and for some reason has a pitiful range pretty much point blank. The issue is that the zombies alt attack has the same range as the regular fast one while humans don't. Its a bit unfair in my opinion and it screws over my last stand with a knife tactic giving it a 60% chance of failing every time. >>

acolyte_to_jippity
10-09-2011, 04:44 PM
The knife issue is primarily that the LMB attack with the knife IE the fast attack has a longer ranger then the alt attack that is slower and for some reason has a pitiful range pretty much point blank. The issue is that the zombies alt attack has the same range as the regular fast one while humans don't. Its a bit unfair in my opinion and it screws over my last stand with a knife tactic giving it a 60% chance of failing every time. >>

you're acting like if it wasn't like this, you'd survive instead. if you're down to a knife to survive, you're screwed.

B1ackOut
10-09-2011, 05:49 PM
A few weeks ago i was playing and sitting behind my nice little cade, it was a bookshelf with 2 vending machines sitting lengthwise behind it. I was sitting behind the two vending machines, a zombie gets stuck in my cade so i shoot it, next thing i know it tagged me past a vending machine and a bookshelf.

Also there was a glitch where a zombie was spawned with guns and could kill humans, it was the same human every time who spawned as a zombie. This happened on two occasions, with different zombies who had no connection to each other, and the only way to stop it was a server restart, slaying and kicking did nothing.

These are the only two issues i have noticed recently.

ProRanger!!!
10-10-2011, 10:46 PM
A few weeks ago i was playing and sitting behind my nice little cade, it was a bookshelf with 2 vending machines sitting lengthwise behind it. I was sitting behind the two vending machines, a zombie gets stuck in my cade so i shoot it, next thing i know it tagged me past a vending machine and a bookshelf.

Also there was a glitch where a zombie was spawned with guns and could kill humans, it was the same human every time who spawned as a zombie. This happened on two occasions, with different zombies who had no connection to each other, and the only way to stop it was a server restart, slaying and kicking did nothing.

That zombie spawning with guns was the most ridiculous glitch I've ever seen in zmod. The first guy sprayed four humans down(me included). Weird stuff

10-11-2011, 12:57 AM

Yea that's what im talking about >> Its just too cheap most of the time.

Also the zombie with guns was most likely an admin with a skin playing. They do that some times for lawz and to screw with zombies.

@acolyte_to_jippity When i use my knife its also on certain maps were guns are pretty much less than effective at pushing away zombies so the slow knife attack is the only thing that can knock them off a ledge but again zombies with 6 foot knives >>. On average the little distance info that pop up after getting tagged is always around 0.8 to 2.0 meters WTF a zombie tagging someone at least a meter away from its actual knife model is bullshit.

At the very least give the humans the same exact knife range as the zombies to make it fair. Aprox. 0.8-1.2 meters should do well for both humans and zombies and that way it would stay balanced with neither side getting an unfair advantage leaving the rest to skill and luck.

ProRanger!!!
10-11-2011, 02:04 AM
The guy wasn't an admin Lucky lol. Pretty sure B1ackout was the only admin in server at the time if I'm not mistaken. It was just a random player who happened to spawn with guns and proceed to rape faces. In regards to the knife range, I think it's set up as a bit of an aid for the zombies as they are going against full-auto weapons in most cases.

10-11-2011, 02:10 AM
Yea and I said it can stay that way just give the humans the same knife range somewhere between 0.8 - 1.1 meters that way the zombies still keep their aid against auto weapons but humans who are skilled enough can knife them at the same range that they do. :/

Rosie
10-11-2011, 02:29 PM
The Zombie with gun glitch is odd. I witnessed it first hand the other day. A person who was not an admin became a zombie for multiple round with a para. he didn't shoot the Ct's he just destroyed their cades with the Para and raped them. It was fixed after we restarted the server. the knife thing has always been there, it has just become more silly as of recent.

X 1 Viper1
10-11-2011, 06:28 PM
The problem with knife range will never be fixed. It has to deal with the zombie models themselves, lag and ultimately their speed.

1. There is always lag on a server, which is most of your long knifing problem.
2. This delay from your screen to their screen is quite significant even if you have 5 ping. If you have ever played a LAN game on two computers right next to each other you can obviously notice a delay in movement between them, and this is with the most direct connection between two systems possible.
3. This lag delay plus the zombies increased speed will make it seem like they are knifing you from far away, while on the zombies player's screen they are much closer than you the human are actually able to see.
4. If you have ever played zombie before and someone gave you the comment "nice sword fag" you will understand since on your screen it wil seem like you are directly next to your target, and would be generally confused about their bitching.

SO! My advice is to stop being a dumbshit running around trying to knife zombies, make a sufficient cade, and make sure you are standing far enough away. This server has been around for a long ass fucking time, if this issue wasen't fixed 4 years ago it will not be fixed now....SORRY!

10-11-2011, 10:22 PM
I understand your points but their is no point in being as ass. >>

acolyte_to_jippity
10-11-2011, 11:13 PM
I understand your points but their is no point in being as ass. >>

vipper's not being an ass. he's just clarifying the situation.

think of it as tl;dr deal wit' it