PDA

View Full Version : Unrestrict L96 Sniper

Pl@YwithM3
10-08-2011, 01:50 PM
oh kay, so reguardless of the fact that ima total shotgun whore, i think it would be a nice addition, or even a "twist" if we could unrestrict the L96 sniper. I DO understand that it has an incredibly powerful knockback. i mean ive seen it more than enough times on other servers like plaguefest. sooo... my suggestion is that we simply have its knockback reduced (by a lot) so that when hit by it, you wont get blasted to the other side of the map. so we would be doing something somewhat similar to what was done with the deformed zombies; reducing their knockback.
some people may think "oh well if we did this than the scout would become obsolete and nobody would wanna use it anymore" - NOT true at all. to my understanding; the L96 has only a + 0.50 exp point gain for each kill made by it, whereas the scout has a + 4.00 exp gain. so obviously the rank whores of zmod would still chose the scout over it in most scenarios. but this would give each of the snipers their own pros and cons.

L96 = great damage and powerful knockback - very low exp gain
Scout = not so great damage (unless hs) and less knock back - very high exp gain

so ya, those are my thoughts.

DISCUSS!! :wtg:

Osage
10-08-2011, 03:32 PM
wtf is an l96 sniper?

Chikun
10-08-2011, 04:12 PM
wtf is an l96 sniper?

The AWP

Nemesis
10-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Who the fuck calls it an L96? No just because of that.

Pl@YwithM3
10-08-2011, 06:32 PM
google "L96" and see what comes up

DERRP

back to the main point.,

Osage
10-08-2011, 07:50 PM
it's called an awp, and yes it should be unrestricted. if you can hold off a cade with an awp then you deserve it, and its not that bad in a vent. only map where it would have a huge advantage is snoopie in those vents

BladeTwinSwords
10-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah....no. The massive amount of knockback it deals with headshots is rather unfair.

X 1 Viper1
10-08-2011, 08:41 PM
HELLZ NO! You will just end up with a bunch of sniper whores who will be useless pieces of shit when it comes to cading, and defending against a large amount of zombies.

Pl@YwithM3
10-08-2011, 09:29 PM
blade u completely ignored the part where i said its knockback needed to be dropped severely ;z

acolyte_to_jippity
10-09-2011, 01:14 PM
why put it back?

i mean, it would basically become a far more damaging scout that you can't run with. there's nor reason it should be in the game, let alone zm.

fuck no

LuckyStar >:D / Phenixtri
10-11-2011, 01:08 AM
I actually agree with this idea and its more useful than a scout since it has a longer range than the scout. At the very least make it possible for players to pick up restricted weapons like the awp that are placed on certain maps BUT with major knock back reduced for them so that they are equivalent to a scout at least IE no major knock back unless its a head shot.

It can be done fairly and it would make game play a bit more dynamic in terms of tactics. Hell at the very least the awp reduced to the scouts level would be the leet weapon of choose since only experienced players "IE those who can land head shots on the fly" would be able to properly use it.

Also before anyone gets confused the g3 and sig 550 would not have the same knock back head shots as the awp and scout since they are auto. They should just have the same knock back as the sig 552 and aug and would make only for useful support weapons like the awp and scout.

but yea that's just my 2 cents I prefer to look from an open perspective and see the possibilities instead of bitching about the negatives.

Osage
10-11-2011, 01:21 AM
like i've stated before, we need to put it back to where u can't buy the weapons in the buy menu, but if they are on a certain map you are able to pick them up. that's how it was, and since that MAJOR cs:s update, it changed. at least then people that know how 2 get 2 those spots are the only ones who can use them. :P

ProRanger!!!
10-11-2011, 02:06 AM
like i've stated before, we need to put it back to where u can't buy the weapons in the buy menu, but if they are on a certain map you are able to pick them up. that's how it was, and since that MAJOR cs:s update, it changed. at least then people that know how 2 get 2 those spots are the only ones who can use them. :P

I agree but I thought it was that major update that made it impossible to restrict the weps in buy menu, but allow them to be picked up.