PDA

View Full Version : GG - warmup TK rule?

talikarni
10-24-2011, 03:02 PM
I remember there being a rule (maybe for gungame only, or maybe all servers) that stated "do not slay for TK done during the warmup round" yet I have one or two admins (and several regular players) that continuously slay me despite them also purposely TKing me and usually I forgive them....

Please state the rule regarding this... otherwise I will just slay them back (due to TK) and risk them abusing admin.

Does this fall under the rule of taking advantage of the mod in order to get a head start, by preventing them from playing the first round or two??

Steamer
10-24-2011, 03:19 PM
There is none. If you don't want to get a TK punishment be very careful or don't participate. Slaying you for it is abuse. Penis's strategy really cut's back on this.

Link
10-24-2011, 03:27 PM
What Steamer said.

There is no rule whatsoever that limits what you can do with a TK menu that comes up, for any reason.

Be careful who you team kill. You accept the consequences of your actions.

Jiggy
10-24-2011, 04:54 PM
lol ill tk you link XD

brett friggin favre
10-24-2011, 04:56 PM
has anyone else noticed that people only slay you when you accidentally kill them on nade round? sometimes im throwing nades at the other team and it kills a teammate, sure enough i get slayed the next round. sometimes i just say fuck it and start throwing em at teammates, i'll kill 3 or 4 and i never get slayed. just odd lol

Steamer
10-24-2011, 07:33 PM
^yes.

Dj panda
10-24-2011, 10:04 PM
I really think there should be a rule, sure its your fault, but its fucking Nade round. Same thing for after round, you shouldnt be allowed to slay. Its a complete fuckface thing to do and you should not be allowed to slay for it. During round i have no problem with people slaying for getting tked But Nade round and After round you shouldnt get slayed for.

brett friggin favre
10-24-2011, 10:29 PM
I really think there should be a rule, sure its your fault, but its fucking Nade round. Same thing for after round, you shouldnt be allowed to slay. Its a complete fuckface thing to do and you should not be allowed to slay for it. During round i have no problem with people slaying for getting tked But Nade round and After round you shouldnt get slayed for.

point taken, but TECHNICALLY it's still detrimental to be the victim of a tk, as it goes on your stats as a death unless im mistaken. but this is a stupid ass reason to slay someone especially since the stats just do what they want. i mean im sometimes a stat whore but i don't slay people for stupid reasons like that.

maynard
10-24-2011, 11:34 PM
if you don't want 2 be slayed you could always aim when you throw your nades or... just not throw any. slaying is a dick head thing 2 do but does not violate any rule.

Osage
10-25-2011, 12:30 AM
we're getting way to picky in this discussion. personally i would rather some cockmunch not decide to walk towards my nade and die on purpose after killing the person i was aiming for, but shit happens. imo warmup rounds are pointless anyways and it would solve problems by just removing that. honestly, if this were up to me, i would make it so slay doesn't make you lose 2 levels. it should just slay you, so you sit out a round and that's it.

Disflux
10-25-2011, 01:20 AM
we're getting way to picky in this discussion. personally i would rather some cockmunch not decide to walk towards my nade and die on purpose after killing the person i was aiming for, but shit happens. imo warmup rounds are pointless anyways and it would solve problems by just removing that. honestly, if this were up to me, i would make it so slay doesn't make you lose 2 levels. it should just slay you, so you sit out a round and that's it.

Negative. Warm-up rounds DO actually have a very big purpose. They allow people to connect to the server and choose their side without having to do so while a game is already in progress. In GG this is particularly big due to the fact of how fast the rounds go. By the time half the people connect and get into the game, the first group of people will already be in their spawn. Warm-up rounds are needed, not so much as to "warm-up" but to allow everybody to get in the game and settled.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-25-2011, 01:54 AM
Negative. Warm-up rounds DO actually have a very big purpose. They allow people to connect to the server and choose their side without having to do so while a game is already in progress. In GG this is particularly big due to the fact of how fast the rounds go. By the time half the people connect and get into the game, the first group of people will already be in their spawn. Warm-up rounds are needed, not so much as to "warm-up" but to allow everybody to get in the game and settled.

you forget who you're talking to. hall doesn't give a shit about anyone else

Rosie
10-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Just draw your knife and say fuck the nades. If you knife a teammate you deserve to be slayed.

Link
10-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Just draw your knife and say fuck the nades. If you knife a teammate you deserve to be slayed.

i knife my teammates all the time.....

Disflux
10-25-2011, 12:35 PM
i knife my teammates all the time.....

A = I knife my team-mates
B = You deserve to be slayed

Rosie: A > B
Link: A
Conclusion: B (Link deserves to be slayed)

I think that's a pretty sound argument right there. So Link, sorry to say bud, but now you have to slay yourself whenever you knife a team-mate.

Dj panda
10-25-2011, 03:11 PM
You dont deserved to be slayed for nade round and after round, what makes you think that? Nade round is for having fun for 15 secounds, and when some asshole slays you for killing them in a round that wont count, It should have a punishment. After round is the same thing, a quick 5 secound standby till the next round, you kill a teamate you shouldnt get slayed for it, Its not that If you deserve it or not, its the princible that its a asshole thing to do and you shouldnt get slayed. I still dont see how you think people deserve to get slayed for nade round and after round, you dont deserve anything for killing someone in those rounds. During the regular round its fine, You get tked and they dont apologize than you slay them, but not for After round and nade round, its just common sence, or the lack of in this case.

CrazyHorse
10-30-2011, 07:36 AM
There can only be one winner, so if you suck ass, don't slay, since you're not going to win anyway. But if you are tk'd by someone decent, slay their ass, it gives you a better chance to win. Even save your nade round option for a few rounds in, that is always fun.

Sin
12-07-2011, 02:38 PM
You dont deserved to be slayed for nade round and after round, what makes you think that? Nade round is for having fun for 15 secounds, and when some asshole slays you for killing them in a round that wont count, It should have a punishment. After round is the same thing, a quick 5 secound standby till the next round, you kill a teamate you shouldnt get slayed for it, Its not that If you deserve it or not, its the princible that its a asshole thing to do and you shouldnt get slayed. I still dont see how you think people deserve to get slayed for nade round and after round, you dont deserve anything for killing someone in those rounds. During the regular round its fine, You get tked and they dont apologize than you slay them, but not for After round and nade round, its just common sence, or the lack of in this case.

Common sense would be to not TK in the first place. Not to spam your nades everywhere on nade round, not to incessantly spray your auto-sniper or AK at your teammates at the end of a round. The asshole thing to do is to TK, regardless of when it happens.

BRB Necroing more threads!

Sinsanity
12-14-2011, 02:19 PM
I don't think someone who is trying to win is intentionally trying to tk, its just this stuff usually happens no matter how good you are. Best bet is to use it sparingly by waiting for the right moment and constantly being aware of where your teammates are at. The warmup round however is fair game, just don't use your own teammates to warm up your throwing arm. Oh, the consequences.

CYBER
12-14-2011, 05:31 PM
necro thread bump ftw -.-

no but seriously, its not illegal to slay for nade round or after rounds.
its a dick move sure, and of course i wish ZERO does smthn about it , for example temporary disable any punish menu during that.
But penis's solution works too...but only when an admin is around...

regardless, if u dnt wanna be naded, dnt throw nades at ppl
and be light hearted. if u're a fun guy and people know u on the server, they wont slay u by douchebaggyness...
there may be the occasional LMAO slay from ur friend... but u can surely avenge them sooner than u think :P