PDA

View Full Version : ChaCha

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Anyone ever heard of this or use it?

Its a search engine where real people answer your questions.

They started a text messaging service in January and i just read about it on CNN today. You text in any question you have and their "Guides" (Question answerer) will respond with the answer in 1 text message.

I have been messing with these people all day, finding out info about them and asking personal questions and stuff. They seem pretty cool.

They keep a log of your texts to and from them so they know what you have said every time you talk to them. The guides look at that before they answer anything you send. IDK if thats good or bad. But they almost guessed my name when i asked them who i was... and that kinda worried me.

vicious
09-18-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm a guide :D

Well actually i just got the guide job, i got some friends who are guides also. I just got accepted so i'll give you more info on our side as soon as i actually start doing the crap.

ZERO
09-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Good find out how much money has been taken out of the social security trust fund every year that was not used to fund social security going back to the first withdrawal.

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-18-2008, 08:54 PM
You only have 160 characters in which to phrase a question. If you want to type one out ill send it.

ZERO
09-19-2008, 09:43 AM
How much money has been taken out of the social security trust fund every year that was not used to fund social security going back to the first withdrawal?

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-19-2008, 09:21 PM
"54 million people in 2006 recieved SS. The estimated amound total given out that year in payments was 64,405,000,000. ChaCha! http://chacha.com/u/pn4l02ho"

Rapedollar$
09-19-2008, 09:23 PM
What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-19-2008, 09:24 PM
If i get the answer 42 im going to be pissed.

Rapedollar$
09-19-2008, 09:25 PM
lol thats the what i thought may come up

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-19-2008, 09:32 PM
"The meaning of life is to know, love and serve God. Have a good night. ChaCha again soon! http://chacha.com/u/eemptqzn"

This must have been some religious bitch.

ZERO
09-20-2008, 01:10 AM
Yes I know that but money was used from that account for other expenditures. How much in total was actually taken and used for other things not how much was used for what it was supposed to. Currently I am working though my local college to talk to the top professors on the matter and see if they can find out anything.

Rapedollar$
09-20-2008, 02:34 AM
god damnit... 42 is the only real answer to my question.... fucking religous people..

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Yeah its not like the people answering are the worlds smartest people. A lot of the are college students or young adults that have access to a computer and can do research. Its so you have an option to get information if you don't have a computer i guess.

vicious
09-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Their training is basically learning how to use their search engines and others. Thats how they work, and if you post question without a definite answer like "whats the meaning to life" then you're just going to get an opinion from whoever is answering.

dutch
09-22-2008, 01:19 AM
"The meaning of life is to know, love and serve God. Have a good night. ChaCha again soon! http://chacha.com/u/eemptqzn"

This must have been some religious bitch.

This answer is why this business will fail miserably, and I will love watching every single fucking moment of it too.

I absolutely cannot wait until some moron kid that is depressed out of his mind texts in to why he shouldn't kill himself and the jackass on the other side tells him to pray to god or whatever for the answer and then kills himself because of it. Of course that would all be horrible but what do you expect from a company called "ChaCha."

This company is probably the worst idea of all time and if we continue to see anything more about it for more than a year I will be thoroughly surprised.

ZERO
09-22-2008, 04:21 PM
How exactly do they make money...

vicious
09-22-2008, 04:52 PM
http://mailbox.allthingsd.com/20080501/how-does-chacha-make-money/

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-22-2008, 04:54 PM
I just asked it.

grawr
09-22-2008, 05:21 PM
...wow i hate those sort of things but uts best never to get in discusions about religion

vicious
09-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Fuck yeah,
Like at our college parties down here we have 2 rules:

no discussions about politics

NO DISCUSSIONS ABOUT RELIGION. we yell it if we catch someone.

ZERO
09-24-2008, 09:03 AM
How would you go after some one breaking the rule without breaking it.

I LIKE TURTLES
09-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Ask them if they can use the word "pew" in a sentence

ricochet
10-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Yes I know that but money was used from that account for other expenditures. How much in total was actually taken and used for other things not how much was used for what it was supposed to. Currently I am working though my local college to talk to the top professors on the matter and see if they can find out anything.

Zero,

The problem is that a Social Security Trust Fund was never setup with the start of SS. The money collected from your paycheck goes into the "general" money pot and thusly gets used for anything.

deprodigy
10-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Ask them if they can use the word "pew" in a sentence

-1 for using pew in a spam. bad turtles get slayed.