PDA

View Full Version : [REMOVE] gg_stonewalled

Disflux
11-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Map: gg_stonewalled
Reason: This map is unfinished. There are sections on top of the walls that are blatantly unfinished that players can drop down into. Upon dropping down into them they can see out, and shoot at other players, but you cannot shoot them because they are behind a wall.

Spasm
11-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Map: gg_stonewalled
Reason: This map is unfinished. There are sections on top of the walls that are blatantly unfinished that players can drop down into. Upon dropping down into them they can see out, and shoot at other players, but you cannot shoot them because they are behind a wall.

Thats by design, its a good map dude.

Penis シ
11-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Agreed that it's a good map. I WOULD, however, like to see if somebody could alter the map to get rid of those. Not quite a good fit for gg.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Thats by design, its a good map dude.

using those in such a way is not allowed, spasm. it's like skywalking behind buildings in wcs.

Spasm
11-03-2011, 08:51 PM
using those in such a way is not allowed, spasm. it's like skywalking behind buildings in wcs.

people that go in them usually are idiots anyways, and if you know the map, you know they are there. I played the map tons and I have never had a problem with it. Usually you get owned just jumping up top. I think the map is too good to remove based on something that is difficult to get into for one, and seeing as how I used to play it a lot, never had a problem, I don't see the need for the map to be removed. I do agree that getting it fixed would be great though.

Rosie
11-03-2011, 09:36 PM
I agree that it is a good map. When I first played it I newbd in one of those spots. After that I have never had a problem. If you see someone in them just slap them out, or outright slay them for using a map glitch. It is a very fun map and doesn't need to be removed.

Joker
11-04-2011, 01:35 AM
That is a good map and I like it. As Rosie said if someone wants to abuse that spot than you just either slap them out if your feeling generous or you can just slay them depending upon the circumstances.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-04-2011, 01:37 AM
That is a good map and I like it. As Rosie said if someone wants to abuse that spot than you just either slap them out if your feeling generous or you can just slay them depending upon the circumstances.

yes, because slapping them out so they get shot, is less generous than slaying them so they lose 2 lev- OH!!!! i see what you did there.

Joker
11-04-2011, 01:41 AM
yes, because slapping them out so they get shot, is less generous than slaying them so they lose 2 lev- OH!!!! i see what you did there.
derp....:ditto:

Disflux
11-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Agreed that it's a good map. I WOULD, however, like to see if somebody could alter the map to get rid of those. Not quite a good fit for gg.

+1

But honestly, in it's current form, this is not a good map. People abuse that area WAY too much, and I feel that whenever I've played it I end up being a babysitter for the entire round just to deter people from going into that spot. I don't think it's worth the hassle. All it results in is people either A) Bitching in chat/mic about a person camping the spot B) Bitching about the map in general.. or C) Bitching about an admin slapping/slaying people for camping in a spot of the map.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

people that go in them usually are idiots anyways, and if you know the map, you know they are there. I played the map tons and I have never had a problem with it. Usually you get owned just jumping up top. I think the map is too good to remove based on something that is difficult to get into for one, and seeing as how I used to play it a lot, never had a problem, I don't see the need for the map to be removed. I do agree that getting it fixed would be great though.

It's not required to go up on top in order to drop down into that area. You can actually jump and crouch at that corner and you can glitch past through it.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-04-2011, 04:21 PM
and I feel that whenever I've played it I end up being a babysitter for the entire round just to deter people from going into that spot. I don't think it's worth the hassle. All it results in is people either A) Bitching in chat/mic about a person camping the spot B) Bitching about the map in general.. or C) Bitching about an admin slapping/slaying people for camping in a spot of the map.

1) you gotta do what you must to keep the servers running properly. if that means babysitting, then so be it. i don't think i've been able to play a full map of beachstrike without sitting out more than half of the rounds watching the glass cage for cadebreaks. if your upset about being forced to admin and not play, then either admin isn't for you, or you should take the tag off and play as a normal person for that map.

2) let them bitch. if they start spamming, mute/gag them. sometimes people need to just accept hings they might not like very much

Spasm
11-04-2011, 08:26 PM
It's not required to go up on top in order to drop down into that area. You can actually jump and crouch at that corner and you can glitch past through it.

You see someone do that you warn them then ban them. Glitching maps is against the rules

Disflux
11-04-2011, 10:28 PM
1) you gotta do what you must to keep the servers running properly. if that means babysitting, then so be it. i don't think i've been able to play a full map of beachstrike without sitting out more than half of the rounds watching the glass cage for cadebreaks. if your upset about being forced to admin and not play, then either admin isn't for you, or you should take the tag off and play as a normal person for that map.

2) let them bitch. if they start spamming, mute/gag them. sometimes people need to just accept hings they might not like very much

If a map is forcing an admin to sit there and babysit the entire round, then the map is not fulfilling it's function. Maps are supposed to be designed to be fun for everyone, and yet, simple. That's why when you get a highly complex map, it turns out to be shit. This is why maps like Deagle and Shotty are so popular. They are ridiculously simple, and at the same time they are easily managed. If a map is too complex, or not easily manageable, then it shouldn't deserve a place here, as it will obviously just cause problems.

If you're going to take the attitude that you donate $15/month towards a server that you have fun playing on and enjoy, just so that you are unable to have fun playing on that server anymore, then that's just a logical contradictory.

And in response to #2. Rather than stuffing the voice of people, why don't you listen to what they say in order to make the ibis community a better place in general? If you're not going to do that, then admin is not for you.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

You see someone do that you warn them then ban them. Glitching maps is against the rules

Yes. I know that. But at the same time you shouldn't have a map that is so easily glitchable.

StarsMine
11-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Its hard to get in the corner as you have to expose your rear end to everyone for quite some time. And when in the corner, its not that hard to find out.