PDA

View Full Version : Camping rules and admins

talikarni
11-05-2011, 01:30 PM
I know the gungame server says in the rules: no excessive camping... and ALL the long term admins have stated that spawn camping = excessive camping... so why is it today we had 2 different non-regular admins stating that camping AND spawn camping is allowed (and doing much of the excessive camping themselves)? When I confronted them about it they gagged me and threatened to ban me.

I have a few screenshots of the names, map, timeframe and console of the admins saying this. The ban threats were in voice chat but theres enough in the console screenshots to show my story holds up. Let me know how or where you need me to send this info.

My ingame name usually includes Identity =)

Steamer
11-05-2011, 03:03 PM
First off, I'm far from a Non-Regular.
Second I gagged you for 4 minutes after stating that camping is allowed and you continued to argue, hell I even ungagged you before the time.
Lastly camping is ALLOWED, be it wherever as long as it is not holding up the round, or unless deemed so in a illegal camping spot, which we have none as of yet for GG.
Admins use this to their discretion (which should be dealt with as many make their own damn rules), as far as I'm concerned, I could give a shit where or how long you camp or how many rounds, as long as it doesn't hold up play.

If you have an abuse claim, post all info here... http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/7-Admin-Abuse after reading this... http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/156-READ-THIS!-How-to-report-Abuse

Here is a link to Demos(voice recorded)... http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6434-Links-to-Demos

Post away good sir. Submit all evidence and sit back and enjoy making yourself out to be a fool.

StarsMine
11-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Camping is allowed unless it delays the round. (so yes motherfuckers, go camp your own roof in churches, and promptly get your ass kicked)
Steamer is well known regular, hell he has been here longer then I D:

brett friggin favre
11-05-2011, 05:42 PM
my policy on camping: since it's not explicitly against the rules, if it's in one of those spots (i.e. church), i warn, saying "don't camp your church or i will slay you." if they do it again, i slay and say "don't camp your church again or i will kick you." basically i just work my way up the punishment ladder with warnings before each step up. this is how it should be handled. also if someone's complaining about camping, just explain that it's only illegal if it prolongs a round or is in a predetermined illegal camping spot, and if they have any questions they can refer to the rules.

maynard
11-05-2011, 07:23 PM
my policy on camping: since it's not explicitly against the rules, if it's in one of those spots (i.e. church), i warn, saying "don't camp your church or i will slay you." if they do it again, i slay and say "don't camp your church again or i will kick you." basically i just work my way up the punishment ladder with warnings before each step up. this is how it should be handled. also if someone's complaining about camping, just explain that it's only illegal if it prolongs a round or is in a predetermined illegal camping spot, and if they have any questions they can refer to the rules.

don't make up your own rules. people can fuck around on the churches if they want, you only can step in if it's prolonging the round.

StarsMine
11-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Its common curtasy not to camp roofs at churches (I dont mind it, easy knife targets)
Another spot is the vent in complex, but that one is a bitch.

Joker
11-07-2011, 02:53 AM
Its common curtasy not to camp roofs at churches (I dont mind it, easy knife targets)
Another spot is the vent in complex, but that one is a bitch.
the way the rule stats is that no excessive camping and no offence, but there has been a few camping rules that have been going arround as spoken law since I started being an admin over a year ago like camping vent in complex and camping your own church, but there are only a few camping spots that have been so called "spoken illegal spots" other than that camping is fine as long as it isn't prolonging the game, now this doesn't mean you can just make up your own samping spots and slay people for it. If anything we should make a list of illegal camping spots for gg as they have to zmod.

XX0wnsXY
11-10-2011, 06:25 PM
I ran into this problem on deagle. People were in their spawn by the time the other team reached it and then everyone started bitching about camping. I made an announcement for everyone to chill out because its allowed as long as it doesn't impede the progress of the round. Jerm argued and I still refused to worry about it. I don't take action unless it slows the game. The funny thing is that the team "camping" wasn't wasn't even winning.

maynard
11-10-2011, 06:29 PM
admins who continue 2 enforce non existent rules will be taking a time out from the servers... as I'm growing real tired of explaining the rules 2 people... and growing even more tired of admins thinking they have the right 2 make up rules as they see fit...

Steamer
11-10-2011, 06:58 PM
admins who continue 2 enforce non existent rules will be taking a time out from the servers... as I'm growing real tired of explaining the rules 2 people... and growing even more tired of admins thinking they have the right 2 make up rules as they see fit...

I'm growing real tired of you thinking you have the right to tell me what to do as an admin!!!!!!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

maynard
11-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Lol.. shut up steamer

Afro_Samurai
11-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Agreed. I've been playing on here a while and have learned that there are server rules and there are some 'admin rules'. Personally, I just follow the server rules. There is camping, and there is excessive camping. If all admins agree to enforce the server rules, then I think threads like this wouldn't have to be written. A lot of times I hear a few admins say certain rules about camping, that I know aren't server rules, but I keep my mouth shut so I don't receive ban threats...lol.

maynard
11-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Agreed. I've been playing on here a while and have learned that there are server rules and there are some 'admin rules'. Personally, I just follow the server rules. There is camping, and there is excessive camping. If all admins agree to enforce the server rules, then I think threads like this wouldn't have to be written. A lot of times I hear a few admins say certain rules about camping, that I know aren't server rules, but I keep my mouth shut so I don't receive ban threats...lol.

you should challenge them... as any action taken on you for following the server rules, and not made up fairy tale rules will result in them getting in shit, not you.

Rosie
11-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Since there is no rule for camping, it isn't punishable. That being said, where would I put a thread to establish illegal camping spots? The two mentioned are horrible spots if someone has a clue what to do. Would it go in the GG section, or in the Server section?

Penis シ
11-14-2011, 10:05 PM
For the rule on camping, you have to type !rules in server.

4. No excessive camping

The interpretation that has been discussed is camping that disrupts the game.

SHADY V1RU5
11-27-2011, 11:03 PM
i for one have challenged this rule many times and asked that it be changed like on some servers if u sit for 5 seconds ur beacond and like 1 dmg per second of camping but its zeros server and hes got it how he wants i just think if some rules were better clearified or rather more solid there wouldnt be problems ya know what i mean.

Penis シ
11-28-2011, 12:11 AM
I feel that the rule has been left open ended for a purpose. An open ended rule makes admin use discretion as opposed to indiscriminately rampaging on everyone that flirts with the line.

Example 1: Someone camps to hold up the round. Slayed, people get back to game.

Example 2: A regular uses a sneaky spot to farm kills because it's a blind corner or a tactical advantage. Warn them not to do it too often. If they excessively use an advantaged spot against half of the server, we will start to lose players. It is at this point that you need to do what is best for the server at your discretion.

I believe that any person should be able to camp, tactically wait, bait, what have you; but in moderation. People will QQ no matter what you do. As an admin, it is our job to maintain fair play and keep the servers full.

We don't need to put in beacons, fire ants, or magic slaps, we need to work together to make the server its best at all times.

XX0wnsXY
11-28-2011, 12:28 PM
The way I see it, the only way I will issue any sort of punishment is if we are left at the end of the round waiting. Otherwise, I could care less who is doing what and where. It's their game to play it how they want, as long as it does not interfere with the time of others.

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-28-2011, 06:57 PM
The way I see it, the only way I will issue any sort of punishment is if we are left at the end of the round waiting. Otherwise, I could care less who is doing what and where. It's their game to play it how they want, as long as it does not interfere with the time of others.

and by doing that you will never have ay issues. If only others did what you do =D

maynard
11-28-2011, 07:45 PM
and by doing that you will never have ay issues. If only others did what you do =D

...+1:wtg:

Spasm
11-28-2011, 09:40 PM

Great post. +1

CrazyHorse
11-28-2011, 10:47 PM
But really now, it is gun game, not regular. Gun game is supposed to be fast paced, there should at least be a rule about not camping in your spawn when the round starts. It is pretty pathetic to wait in your spawn until the enemy eventually gets there. At least go into the map if you're gonna camp. Some maps are small, but people can always get at least somewhat out of spawn.

maynard
11-28-2011, 11:09 PM
But really now, it is gun game, not regular. Gun game is supposed to be fast paced, there should at least be a rule about not camping in your spawn when the round starts. It is pretty pathetic to wait in your spawn until the enemy eventually gets there. At least go into the map if you're gonna camp. Some maps are small, but people can always get at least somewhat out of spawn.

there's nothing stopping you from killing someone whose camping... not 2 mention the maps are uber small.... so who cares if someone is camping. but either way, unless they are holding the game up, it's fine.

Penis シ
11-28-2011, 11:12 PM
While this is true, crazy, this is not the topic. Our rule in place is "No excessive camping". It has been a large source of debate since deadeyedennis was active. (I hear he still lurks, so here's your shout out!)

The safe route, is exactly what 0wns said. It is certainly excessive to delay the round whilst camping, and so action will be taken at that point.

But as this is an ambiguous rule, I don't tend to take action against serial offenders unless it starts to empty our server, though I do berate or humiliate campers verbally.