PDA

View Full Version : [ADD] Helms_Deep_s

ShadedFlash
11-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Name: Helms_Deep_s
Map Type: DE/bomb map.
Reason:
A rediculously fun map when played on a WCS server. Had tons of fun times with it, especially in 1.6. Perhaps this version might not be the same one I am thinking of for CS:S, but if anyone can recommend a revision of it, let me know!

Its based off the LotR fight at helms deep, where the wall explodes, allowing T's entry on the side, while also being able to run up the main ramp and (slowly) break down the door by shooting it with the goal to plant the bomb in the castle and blow it up. The CTs have many little alcoves and tunnels to go through, a sniper tower to pick attacks off from, many walls to defend from, including the hidden trap door beside the main door that allows you to flank the enemy trying to break the door down.

The only potential problems I can think of with the map would be that everyone spawns with shotguns(as far as I can remember), leading to unintentional free use of money for tomes/items and its open air accessibility, allowing races like Strider, Spiderman and Vagabond extreme advantages to getting into the castle itself. Never the less, I think its worth its fair shot as it was always a VERY popular map on WCS I've played on in the past due to how exciting the fights were.

emTr0
11-06-2011, 07:36 PM
I used to love this map. Very fun.

taz1stP
11-07-2011, 01:23 AM
big prob its a map that was made for zm not for wcs and if was on wcs it would be so one sided wouldnt be funny .

brett friggin favre
11-07-2011, 01:58 AM
big prob its a map that was made for zm not for wcs and if was on wcs it would be so one sided wouldnt be funny .

actually played on a wc3 mod server in 1.6 that had this map. pretty fun.

ShadedFlash
11-07-2011, 08:14 AM
big prob its a map that was made for zm not for wcs and if was on wcs it would be so one sided wouldnt be funny .I don't know what ZM is, but as I said and the poster above me, its been used in WCS servers before and isn't unbalanced. Now, I can't say it had as many custom races as Ibis' server today, so things could change, but it was still great fun back in the day on a WCS server. Worst case scenario, it doesnt work well with the races and gets removed, no biggie, right?

Blackmage
11-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Yes, there is a ZM (Zombie Mod btw) version of Helms Deep, but as they've said, this isn't it, and it's an interesting Warcraft map. It was silly enough with races I've played with before, but we still play maps like Nipperhouse, dolls, deathcookin and Westwood, where our mobility races do silly things, so it could work.

Free shotguns, heh.

emTr0
11-07-2011, 12:50 PM
I too played this map a while back on another warcraft server. It was fun but that server didn't have vagas. I think that and similarly over-powered races like Spider-man would be the only problem.