PDA

View Full Version : Spawn blocking in ZM maps.

Ryukatti
11-13-2011, 06:59 PM
You know how there are those certain people who just take too damn long to buy a freaking gun at the beginning of a round and end up blocking the way of other people who are trying to gtfo and find a spot? Penumbra I think is a good example where ct/t spawn in those narrow hallways that barely fit 2 people side by side and everyone's like fucking rushing in different directions which makes it nearly impossible to get anywhere when its crowded.

Here's an idea, some may agree, some may not.

Maybe in the beginning of each round for like 5-10 seconds, block is turned off? Or possibly just when anyone in general spawns, their block gets turned off for a moment. (And then well, turned on again obviously)

I might be able to foresee a few minor problems with this being instated such as possible overcrowding in nearspawn spots, being unable to block ct limited areas such as vents but that's why I'm suggesting it only be off for a very short time so the people who can get their guns within the first few seconds of spawning in can RUNAWAAAAAY with out having slow noobs getting in the way.

Anyone want to add any constructive criticism to this?

kenneth918237
11-13-2011, 07:47 PM
i aggree some times people think the buy zone i wallmart and just stay there and block the people who knows what they are doing

Bane of Soldiers
11-13-2011, 08:51 PM
zm_penumbra_extended gets the worst :lmao:

Ryukatti
11-13-2011, 09:08 PM
zm_penumbra_extended gets the worst :lmao:
Ohyeahhh, I meant Penumbra in my OP. *edits*

Rosie
11-13-2011, 09:28 PM
This is a great idea, but it has been mentioned before. I would be afraid that people would get stuck inside each other when block goes back to normal.

Ryukatti
11-13-2011, 09:59 PM
This is a great idea, but it has been mentioned before. I would be afraid that people would get stuck inside each other when block goes back to normal.

I don't think so unless I'm missing something because people can use !block to temporarily turn block on on escape maps (to kill people lol) and it doesn't get people stuck when you're in a crowd, just blocks people who are outside your ... your.. uh.. bubble. lol

acolyte_to_jippity
11-14-2011, 01:16 AM
no. people will get stuck. people will bitch.

penumbra is easy to navigate. i never have any problems. sometimes ya'll just have to try a little.