PDA

View Full Version : !block

Sin
11-14-2011, 10:09 AM
This feature needs to either be re-worked or turned off entirely.

Pros:

- run through back-knifing is no longer feasible
- the people who hated getting back-knifed no longer cry

Cons:

- run through back-knifing is no longer feasible
- the people who loved back-knifing others cry (ME)
- can be (and has been) used to purposely stick yourself inside another player, be they teammate or enemy (ABUSIVE)
- causes confusion, leading to server disruption
- against the LAW
- defeats the purpose of having a NOBLOCK server

That being said, I really don't have an issue with it being activated during 1v1 knife fights, but this should be looked at during the course of a round. Zero, if you could limit the activation of it to possible 3 or 4 times per map, or just ONCE per round that would be great. If you could limit it to only being activated during Knife Fights, that would be even better.

This server being one of the very few to utilize NOBLOCK correctly, and also not being an Elimination/DM server on R-GG, it hinders the full experience.

I haven't been around for a while, but I'm confused as to why this feature was added in the first place? I couldn't find anything on the forums that related to NOBLOCK (but I didn't look real hard either).

XX0wnsXY
11-14-2011, 01:52 PM
I agree. I use it only when knife fighting because other's do and it gives an advantage to the person using it, in my eyes. I do wish it was either non-existent or limited.

SCRIBBLE
11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
- against the LAW

you had me at -

In all seriousness, I wish that the !block feature would be limited at the least. It also allows players to boost one another, though this doesn't seem like an advantage in the noblock single round setup. I think if anything this would delay the game terribly because people could get stuck outside of several of the gg maps just by boosting.

Afro_Samurai
11-14-2011, 05:47 PM
agreed. I've seen it used a bit much today for knifing purposes and getting stuck in people to get an advantage (one knife kill). Unfortunately I was a victim of it...LMAOO!!

brett friggin favre
11-14-2011, 05:49 PM
scribble[nuke];119664']you had me at -

In all seriousness, I wish that the !block feature would be limited at the least. It also allows players to boost one another, though this doesn't seem like an advantage in the noblock single round setup. I think if anything this would delay the game terribly because people could get stuck outside of several of the gg maps just by boosting.

that'd be exploiting, would it not? and therefore grounds for punishment?

Sin
11-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Having "!block" bound and hitting the key as soon as you run through someone is also an exploit.

I'm going to whip out my banhammer tonight!

Rellikdloc
11-16-2011, 09:19 PM
i personally like the !block. It prevents others from runing thru me and getting the one hit back knife. and it also prevents teamates from runing thru me and shooting me or standing in me while im shooting.

Sin
11-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Of course you like it, you little nergin you!

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/7674-RellikDloc-11-16-11-16-00-EST-STEAM_0-1-13346156?p=119899#post119899

Rellikdloc
11-17-2011, 08:13 PM
yea ok so i had a little fun with him for 2 rounds. I still use it for legit reasons as i have stated here and there. the !block is not that new, lots of noblock servers have it. im not the only one who uses it here. how do you think i learned of it.

Penis シ
11-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Only time I've SEEN it abused is actually by Phyuck Yui. He turns it on in spawn, then runs THROUGH teammates. See, they can't block him, but he blocks them, causing them to get stuck momentarily.

I think it needs to be perfected or left to knife rounds.

Rellikdloc
11-17-2011, 08:22 PM
yay for some1 who actually plays there often with some truth

CYBER
11-18-2011, 01:07 AM
I prefer this !block thing to be removed completely.
We managed to survive for years without it ,and we can survive for more.
The only reason people wanted this was because they are cry babies when getting knife-raped, by people like myself.
People are gonna bitch forever, heck im bitching now.
I vote that this !block nonsense be removed, and for all the cry babies out there to either learn how to fucking dodge a back knife ( i know how to, it just needs more practice in the GAME, and less bitching on it on the forums. hint hint relik -.- lol...
Another suggestion is for the dumb fucks out there to LEARN how to BACK knife, once u go Back, u wont come... oh wait...

vote +1 on removing the !block completely, if not limited to once per round outside of knife rounds ...
If someone hates being back-knifed, just dnt accept the goddam fucking knife...
For example, shady constantly backknives me, i wont go and post to remove that feature... Im constantly trying to beat him and find a way to dodge him... grow up ppl.

brett friggin favre
11-18-2011, 01:13 AM
+1 to remove

dont like getting backknifed? run at em, then strafe. profit.

Rellikdloc
11-18-2011, 02:11 AM
cyber i dont get your hint hint.. for 1 ive always knifed you when there was never a !block and never had a problem dodging any knifes without the !block and also was never complaining about the !block or being back knifed, could care less if it stays or goes. ive only stated why i like the !block, if your refering to the "preventing back knifes" i wasnt talking about the 1v1 knife fights (i mean cmon no one ever beats me at those). i was refering to while in the middle of the round if i were to go around a corner say in deagle and had my gun out.

brett friggin favre
11-18-2011, 02:36 AM
cyber i dont get your hint hint.. for 1 ive always knifed you when there was never a !block and never had a problem dodging any knifes without the !block and also was never complaining about the !block, could care less if it stays or goes. ive only stated why i like the !block, if your refering to the "preventing back knifes" i wasnt talking about the 1v1 knife fights. i was refering to while in the middle of the round if i were to go around a corner say in deagle and had my gun out. and if you had read my ban forum you would have noticed that i have already said everything you had stated.

honestly i do not care what you think on this subject, and i believe i speak for others here. you have shown that you will misuse the !block feature. it is a privilege, to be used sparingly and responsibly. you use it like a 7 year old needledick. if you dont wanna teamkill anyone else, then just watch your fire. i do, and i don't have problems with ff. you're plenty good enough to do that. i'd liken this to a frequent admin abuser trying to argue in favor of more admin powers. it just doesn't work that way dude.

i think it should go because it is so easy to misuse and so hard to control. it's just another headache for admins and its usefulness is marginal at best. what i ask instead of this is that if you get tk'd because you ran into someone else while they were shooting, have some understanding and put yourself in their shoes. don't slay em. drug em if you must, even freeze, but please don't slay. of course there is no rule against slaying, but again, what would you prefer be done to you?

Rellikdloc
11-18-2011, 02:49 AM
honestly i do not care what you think on this subject, and i believe i speak for others here. you have shown that you will misuse the !block feature. it is a privilege, to be used sparingly and responsibly. you use it like a 7 year old needledick. if you dont wanna teamkill anyone else, then just watch your fire. i do, and i don't have problems with ff. you're plenty good enough to do that. i'd liken this to a frequent admin abuser trying to argue in favor of more admin powers. it just doesn't work that way dude.

i have shown nothing, for 1 i rarely play with you. i use !block legit 99% of the time. i have never said anything about teamkilling. you complain like a 7yr old, you just have to find something to say or complain about. fyi if your already shooting and ur teammate runs thru you from behind of course they are going to get hit, you werent expecting them to do that unless you got hax. and 2 if you dont care what i think, why are you responding to my post then?? i dont believe i have said anything to you. i dont think anyone nominated you to be thier speaker.

brett friggin favre
11-18-2011, 03:07 AM
i personally like the !noblock. It prevents others from runing thru me and getting the one hit back knife. and it also prevents teamates from runing thru me and shooting me or standing in me while im shooting.

im sorry what was that?

have i complained about !block? no. i have just given my argument for its removal, citing your misuse among other reasons as an example. i'm responding to let you know that your opinion is not going to be well received here due to your actions, as well as to use you as a counterpoint against keeping !block on. by saying things here, on a forum which i frequent, in public, yes you are saying things to me and i'm sorry if you didn't realize that. i also never said anyone nominated me to be their speaker, i just know that i'm not alone in my sentiments on this matter.

also if you don't have anything to add to the thread, don't post. it's called flaming. before you accuse me of doing it, i'd love to point out the fact that i used the bottom half of my post to get my arguments about the topic out. it should be gone, and you're an example of a reason why.

Sin
11-18-2011, 08:49 AM
The point of all of this isn't about WHO is abusing this feature, it's the simple fact that it can and HAS been abused. That was the reason I started the thread in the first place. I've never been one to make abuse threads, be it admin or user exploitation, I'd rather cut to the core of the problem.

Maladjusted
11-18-2011, 10:01 AM
+1remove

Things were fine without it. As we can all see it just causes drama.

ZERO
11-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Removed :wtg:

Sin
11-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks Zero.

Sin
11-29-2011, 09:03 AM
It seems !block is still currently working on the server, Zero. Remove pl0x!

acolyte_to_jippity
12-22-2011, 09:31 PM
yep. still there. remove it.

Dead
01-03-2012, 12:16 PM
in the mean time, can you have ppl not use it during spawn? I_Eat_All spent all morning doing that stuff at spawn and getting teammates killed, that shit is annoying, I dont care you dont like the feature IEAT but dont punisht the whole server you dbag