PDA

View Full Version : RellikDloc, 11/16/11 16:00 EST, STEAM_0:1:13346156

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
11-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Name in Game: RellikDloc
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:13346156
Where: GunGame server.
Link to any previous bans:
Reason to ban: Deliberately abusing !block to trap teammates and get them killed. Repeatedly, and after being asked to stop.

I realise that this is merely a kickable offense for most players, though no admin was present. Rellik is well aware of the rules, and has a very long history of being as abusive as possible, and breaking as many rules as he can when he feels that he can get away with it. I don't think he's present enough to understand anything other than consequence, but he never seems to face any. Can something be done about him? And about !block in general?

It picks up around tick 60,000 in the demo.

brett friggin favre
11-16-2011, 09:54 PM
i kept getting errors, so i'll reupload the one i got from sourcetv in case anyone else has issues.

anyway, it goes down just like fluffy says. rellik uses !block to get stuck in teammates, block their paths, and it results in teamkills as well as deaths. clear exploitation and he has been caught doing this before, warned of it, and clearly disregards the rule. i remember he once tried to blame an admin for teamattacking him when he did this, and made an abuse thread about it. if i was still admin i'd say a week ban wouldn't be out of the question given the multiple offenses and the fact that he was even called out for it on the forums before.

oh and previous bans: http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=rellik&Submit=

admin abuse thread: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/7552-Admin-Abuse-by-wacko

BladeTwinSwords
11-17-2011, 03:47 AM
Wait wait. You can use !block in gungame? Why the fuck does GG have that command. Not one server should honestly have that command except maybe ZM.

Penis シ
11-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Block was added to gungame recently.

As far as using the !block command abusively goes, I don't know if it has always been a plan to implement the rule, but under the !rules there has always been a "Don't block teammates" rule. Though I think it previously applied to intentionally blocking team fire.

wack0
11-17-2011, 08:45 AM
i remember he once tried to blame an admin for teamattacking him when he did this, and made an abuse thread about it.

admin abuse thread: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/7552-Admin-Abuse-by-wacko

Thanks for pointing this out. I couldn't figure out how he kept getting himself stuck on me, and then he goes ahead and makes an abuse thread pretending to be a victim. He should be banned forever imo.

Sin
11-17-2011, 08:56 AM
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/7665-!block

Clearly stated in that thread. It's totally against the law.

BAN HIM FO' LIFE!

brett friggin favre
11-17-2011, 10:33 AM
i wouldnt say permaban, which is why fluffy put this in temp ban requests. the !block command needs to be controlled tightly or removed entirely from gg, but since it's still new and somewhat unclear (although he OBVIOUSLY knew that what he was doing couldnt be legal). like i said a week ban, 2 at the most would be sufficient to get the point across loud and clear.

bigcraig77
11-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Relik is a good player; good players help bring the community up.
Relik has been exploiting a command (that shouldn't even be present. imo), which brings the community down.

He should be given an official warning to refrain from exploiting the command with a specific punishment established if he is seen doing it again. This leaves no grey area.

Us Veterans are expected to set an example. Ruining others experience by exploiting something that is supposed to be helpful is not the example i want set for IBIS.

When I saw him abusing !block yesterday, I was a little disappointed. Relik, you're better than that bro.

-loc

Sin
11-17-2011, 10:57 AM
How is !block more helpful than harmful?

acolyte_to_jippity
11-17-2011, 10:59 AM
i would vote on this, but you didn't put a poll into the thread.

oh well.

Disflux
11-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks for pointing this out. I couldn't figure out how he kept getting himself stuck on me, and then he goes ahead and makes an abuse thread pretending to be a victim. He should be banned forever imo.

This doesn't warrant a perma-ban in any form, and if you think it does warrant a perma-ban, then you don't yet understand admin.

Anywho, Rellik is a good, active, member of the community. However, he does like to use any exploit necessary to jerk around while in the server. He IS rather active, and I normally would see him on every other day, so I think a week ban would be a bit too much. A couple days should do it, it would have the same impact as a week ban for a player that only plays 2-3 times a week.

Rellik, you need to stop utilizing the little exploits in an attempt to just mess around while in the server. Whenever somebody brings it up to you, you automatically go into the "victim mode" and blame it on the map, the server, or other people. You need to start taking responsibility for the crap you pull, and a temp ban, I hope, will fix that.

And for the issue of !block. I think it should stay. The only people I see complaining about !block being implemented are the people who can no longer "back knife" during a knife fight because of !block. The problem with back knifing is that it is so internet connection dependent. I do think that the command should be removed from being used in regular play, and instead there should be an option that pops up (Just like the "Agree to a Knife Fight" option) that asks if you want !block on or off whenever a knife fight occurs. I would make 1. !block off (due to spam) and 2. !block on.

wack0
11-17-2011, 12:23 PM
This doesn't warrant a perma-ban in any form, and if you think it does warrant a perma-ban, then you don't yet understand admin.

Oh, so you don't think baiting an admin into a kicking him by using this block technique and then creating an abuse thread is worth a perma ban? What if I would have had my admin privs taken away because of it? That was his goal obviously. Why do we need people like this on our servers? I'm sure if this happened to you, you'd be pretty pissed.

brett friggin favre
11-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Oh, so you don't think baiting an admin into a kicking him by using this block technique and then creating an abuse thread is worth a perma ban? What if I would have had my admin privs taken away because of it? That was his goal obviously. Why do we need people like this on our servers? I'm sure if this happened to you, you'd be pretty pissed.

we understand your pissed-ness, but since the feature was recently implemented and the rules were somewhat unclear, you can't perma him. you just cant...it's just not THAT big of an offense. annoying as fuck? yes. perma material? no.

Penis シ
11-17-2011, 01:05 PM
You can't perma for getting baited anyway. ....?

Shit, Chris Hansen baits all the time and he can't perma anyone!

What you can do is ban him for baiting you. Nothing crazy, but teach him a lesson. The way it happened to Taz.

EDIT: And I don't mean now. Next time he tries to bait you and post a fail abuse.

Joker
11-17-2011, 01:22 PM
ok this is where I have to draw the line. For one the !block command shouldn't even be on the gg server in the first place. For two relik come on man you know better than to exploit ANYTHING weather that be the map, server, or mod. You have been around this community long enough to know one way or another and if you happen to notice an exploit, don't use it, but mention it on the forums so that away zero can fix it. Honestly relik I know we are cool and all, but i can't have you doing shit like this. Honestly I don't know what to tell you, but you have left me no choice relik I have to ban you for 3 days and it will give you time to possibly go over the rules once more and think about stop exploiting things at least while in ibis servers.:banghead:
http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:13346156&advType=steamid

See you in 3 days:hammer:

Sin
11-17-2011, 02:08 PM
And for the issue of !block. I think it should stay. The only people I see complaining about !block being implemented are the people who can no longer "back knife" during a knife fight because of !block. The problem with back knifing is that it is so internet connection dependent. I do think that the command should be removed from being used in regular play, and instead there should be an option that pops up (Just like the "Agree to a Knife Fight" option) that asks if you want !block on or off whenever a knife fight occurs. I would make 1. !block off (due to spam) and 2. !block on.

My thread stated the multiple cons vs the pros of this plug-in. Granted I enjoy back-knifing people, I don't have an issue with !block being enabled during 1v1 knife fights.

Having played on these servers for years, and NOBLOCK being a staple of this GG server there was, frankly, no reason to add this feature in the first place. Back-knifing relies on internet connections as much as shooting any gun does. That topic has been beaten to death on these forums.

For the little bitches who complain about being back-knifed (and always have complained) leave the feature on for them during 1v1 knife fights. No vote option.

Rellikdloc
11-17-2011, 02:43 PM
man u guys are rediculous. ill take the 3 day ban for the fluffy thing i did do it to him like twice boofreakinhoo, i mean cmon its fluffy, u always win anyways dude. the only thing i exploited was standing in him and that was it. as for the other times i use block that i have stated in the !block forum page its legit, i use it for getting back knifes and preventing back knifes and preventing teamates and enemies from runing thru me and stoping in me while im shooting. most of you guys complain about the block b/c you do not know how to use it or for the majority of the complainers you get stuck for literally 1-2 secs and bitch "oh i was blockd". if i have it on and am runing and you happen to run into my path it will stop you, all you got to do is keep going. and for wacko everything i stated in ur abuse thread was true there was never an intent to get u bannd or w/e, so get over it already. lets have them haters reply now.

Sin
11-17-2011, 02:57 PM
It's one of the few Reverse GG, no DM/Elimination, NOBLOCK servers left. That's why it's so popular.

Big emphasis on NOBLOCK.

Joker
11-17-2011, 03:19 PM
ok this situation has been delt with so someone please close this thread before it becomes a flame war.

Thanks.:wtg:

bigcraig77
11-17-2011, 03:28 PM
it's one of the few reverse gg, no dm/elimination, noblock servers left. That's why it's so popular.

Big emphasis on noblock.

truth

Disflux
11-17-2011, 05:22 PM
ok this situation has been delt with so someone please close this thread before it becomes a flame war.

Thanks.:wtg:

Agreed. +1

maynard
11-17-2011, 05:37 PM
no action should have been taken, as there is no poll.... improper thread = you do nothing.