PDA

View Full Version : Future servers

ZERO
09-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Logically at the end of this year we will once again try to add some new servers. Currently we have some deathmatch servers in the works but what other kinds of servers are you interested in.

I just want to see what kind of servers everyone likes paying on that IBIS does not currently offer. :smirk:

Dual
09-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Logically at the end of this year we will once again try to add some new servers. Currently we have some deathmatch servers in the works but what other kinds of servers are you interested in.

I just want to see what kind of servers everyone likes paying on that IBIS does not currently offer. :smirk:

Deathmatch server sounds very interesting and will draw more people into the IBIS community.:wtg:

weeman2412
09-21-2008, 01:53 PM
how about surfs or low grav fight ^^ those are always amusing and fun...

Baliame
09-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Surfing server would be nice. And thinking outside the CSS, a Left 4 Dead one. Maybe climbing or scoutzknivez, but I think a surf would improve the community more.

iceofworm
09-21-2008, 02:10 PM
surf/climb/ wc3 mod

[IBIS Noob]Soy Sauce
09-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Alot of servers put RPG, surf and deathmatch all on one server... its fucking fun.

deprodigy
09-21-2008, 02:21 PM
wc3 deathmatch

weeman2412
09-21-2008, 02:27 PM
wc3 of course or superheroes mod ^^... or rune mod (if it exists for source) but wc3 would definitely be a plus.. eat my fireball of doom ^^

whytboiz33
09-21-2008, 02:28 PM
wc3 would be sick. im a little skeptical of mixing it with dm but hey, try new things

weeman2412
09-21-2008, 02:31 PM
actually wc3 with deathmatch would actually be quite fun... it speeds up the gameplay quite a bit.. but remember please put spawn protection for 3 seconds

-=NYS=- C.O.
09-21-2008, 03:33 PM
I'd prefer a 32 man pub, but thats just me. :wtg:

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Surf servers are usually empty unless they are RPG.

whytboiz33
09-21-2008, 03:51 PM
yeah, the respawn seems the prob to me, but thats easily fixed.

we had a 50 man pub but it was empty 24/7 baring clan members playing on it.

how about a surf/wc3(cuz its like rpg) deathmatch, with 32 slots!!!

deprodigy
09-21-2008, 03:53 PM
oh yea pub upgrade for sure. I hate surf servers.

Baliame
09-21-2008, 03:57 PM
DON'T DO DEATHMATCH AND RPG SURF. Deathmatch and RPG ruins surf! There are billions of RPG/DM surf out there and it's definitely not in demand now. However, I know only one or two vanilla surf servers and they're very popular, a new one would get people who don't want to wait to get into the rest of the proper servers.

-=NYS=- C.O.
09-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Surf sucks. Cmon at least a 28 man pub.

Baliame
09-21-2008, 04:11 PM
We're really down to what each person likes here, I, for example, hate pub. We should just put ideas down here, and when they're collected there should be a vote. If it's a server upgrade, I'd like to see a 66 tick zombie.

-=NYS=- C.O.
09-21-2008, 04:13 PM
We're really down to what each person likes here, I, for example, hate pub. We should just put ideas down here, and when they're collected there should be a vote. If it's a server upgrade, I'd like to see a 66 tick zombie.

Thats actually a server downgrade.

Spaztech
09-21-2008, 04:14 PM
get a surf server like the NY Surf one!

Walter
09-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Not sure what I'd like to see, but I guess I would like a larger pub with larger maps.

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Another zombie server would just be the stupidest idea we could do. We have enough problems with the admins on that one right now, if we add a second we will get a surge of problems with more admins.

+Project.S+
09-21-2008, 04:46 PM
i like rpg thing like the warcraft one. good idea. def a deathmatch.

maybe one of those?

im not a big fan of surf either.

weeman2412
09-21-2008, 04:51 PM
we need something unique to lure people in... im thinking bring back those greenade launchers from cs 1.6 ^^ for a deathmatch low grav server

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-21-2008, 04:53 PM
we need something unique to lure people in... im thinking bring back those greenade launchers from cs 1.6 ^^ for a deathmatch low grav server

No offense, but that sounds gay and like something only noobs would enjoy. We don't need more noobs populating our servers. Although it is an interesting idea.

D1lD0
09-21-2008, 09:39 PM
This is mostly personal preference, but I agree as well that a pure deathmatch will bring in more people to the servers as a whole. I couldnt stand deathmatch with wc3mod but I'm guessing that's just cuz i'm not a fan of wc3mod (Humans with invis are impossible to spot even when firing at you from a decent distance)

+Project.S+
09-21-2008, 09:45 PM
plus Dildo gets banned from those lmao..from his own people haha

Baliame
09-22-2008, 03:04 AM
get a surf server like the NY Surf one!

Exactly my suggestion. Used to play on NY and intox, it's great fun.

ZERO
09-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Any of you ever play onslaught that was a fun mod.

I LIKE TURTLES
09-22-2008, 01:48 PM
DE_ cal maps server =)

MafiaMatic
09-22-2008, 04:00 PM
I like a good deathrun server, deathmatch and RPG.

So does this mean the zombie server will never become a 66 tick and we will always have glitchy cars? lol. I'm ok with that because its halarious to see people die randomly or fly out of vehicles.

Anyone ever play Deathrun? Fuckin halarious IMO.

Baliame
09-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Any of you ever play onslaught that was a fun mod.

I read up on it, sounds pretty much like TF2 to me.

ZERO
09-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Yea so why wait for tf2 to load when you could be paling this! lol

The zombie server is maxed out I got to wait until my hosts gets better computers, when he does it will be upgraded.

iceofworm
09-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Yea so why wait for tf2 to load when you could be paling this! lol

The zombie server is maxed out I got to wait until my hosts gets better computers, when he does it will be upgraded.

well then the obvious pick is a rpg type - wc3 or superhero lol

weeman2412
09-22-2008, 04:52 PM
superherose ive seen too many wc3 D: ... nah i just like cyclops laser eye of doom

Baliame
09-24-2008, 09:56 AM
We could develop one ourselves, so the server doesn't get lost in the crowd?

iceofworm
09-24-2008, 06:37 PM
We could develop one ourselves, so the server doesn't get lost in the crowd?

i dabbeled with that b4.. i mixed a bit of wc3 and superhero and a few other things into it worked ok providing it was just mei n the server lmao

garrett1100
09-28-2008, 07:23 AM
I'd like to see a hosties mod server

Walter
09-28-2008, 11:17 AM
I'd like to see a hosties mod server

That's an interesting concept for a game type but there's just too many problems with it and it's too hard to control.
Also, don't do surf mix surf with rpg or deathmatch or else you won't actually be surfing.

Chronic
09-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Glass maps are fun but alot of the popuation that was there just isn't there anymore unfortunately :(

If you guys want to branch out to some new shit I'd suggest setting up a Team Fortress 2 server. It's a great game.

mkII
10-03-2008, 11:50 PM
1. Surf - I love surf maps but I don't think it would be too popular. I remember so many full surf servers years back, now they are gone or empty.

2. Glass - Same as above. I love glass though, quite fun.

3. Rats - Bring a QUALITY rats server and you could get people to come. All of the remaining servers are shit. Rats maps are awesome.

3. DM - I hate deathmatch servers. I haven't played DM much, so I don't know the level of popularity they have.

4. wc3 - Never tried it. I'll go do that now.

5. 32 pub - The pub is my favorite because it is only a 21. I don't think we need 32 players.

-
$0.02

Baliame
10-04-2008, 10:49 AM
1. Surf - I love surf maps but I don't think it would be too popular. I remember so many full surf servers years back, now they are gone or empty.

intox and NY Surf has been around for decades and they're always full. Same for waspnest until they went offline. (They had a zombie server as well but it was empty all the time, pretty much the point - a zombie server can be empty as well)

ZERO
10-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Point, one thing people do look for is name because they want to play on a server that will still be there in the future. This is one of the reasons we are very careful with new servers. Once we launch we plan to keep the server as long as possible to ensure that regulars do not need to find a new place. For mods, servers tend to pop up and die pretty quickly; this is mainly because without a strong community base it is hard to keep the cash flows needed to pay for the servers coming. I think that we could do almost any mod and have a relatively successful server. My main worry is admin turn around as new servers will need admins that play on them and thus people willing to pay for admin on that type of server.

mkII
10-06-2008, 07:21 PM
intox and NY Surf has been around for decades and they're always full. Same for waspnest until they went offline. (They had a zombie server as well but it was empty all the time, pretty much the point - a zombie server can be empty as well)

I used to play NYS a while back and it was always full. Now every time I check it out in my servers list there are maybe, 10 players max. Intox though, usually has many players. Besides these two though, I don't think any other surf servers enjoy success like those two servers have.

I agree with Zero on his point. Whatever server is created will probably be popular since ibis is such an established community. I think a rats server would be great. But then again, when you break it all down, rats is simply a pub with cool maps.

-=NYS=- C.O.
10-08-2008, 03:42 PM
I used to play NYS a while back and it was always full. Now every time I check it out in my servers list there are maybe, 10 players max. Intox though, usually has many players. Besides these two though, I don't think any other surf servers enjoy success like those two servers have.

I agree with Zero on his point. Whatever server is created will probably be popular since ibis is such an established community. I think a rats server would be great. But then again, when you break it all down, rats is simply a pub with cool maps.

I always wondered why we dont have any rats maps in the pub.

deprodigy
10-08-2008, 06:06 PM
I would definitely not pay for surf.

Apocalypse
10-08-2008, 06:42 PM

A Surfing mod =D

deprodigy
10-09-2008, 12:46 PM
I hope pub upgrade is considered before any surf shit crap worthless servers.

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-09-2008, 12:54 PM
add a surfing server please!

<3 Holy.

deprodigy
10-09-2008, 05:36 PM
well if you all leave the zm to go surfing im for it. I never get to enjoy zm...

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-09-2008, 09:47 PM
well if you all leave the zm to go surfing im for it. I never get to enjoy zm...

lol.

Ya. I know how it feels.

Baliame
10-10-2008, 09:12 AM
You could upgrade Zombie instead of Pub really. All we need is love!

Anyway, there appears to be large interest for surf (heh, except deprod :P). And if admin for that is not seperate from admin for others I'd definitely admin it.

ManBearPig <ibis>
10-10-2008, 12:28 PM
I think surf would crash and burn because of such a low amount of people that play it. Like sure some of our community would play it, but we would not get very many new people because of the surf server. Zombie is new, it does not need to be upgraded or a second one.

DeathMatch FTW.

Baliame
10-10-2008, 04:12 PM
You do make a point there, but at least don't waste a new server slot on a rubbish idea like DM. DM is like CoD4 with more angry people.

ManBearPig <ibis>
10-10-2008, 04:16 PM
There are tons and tons of DM servers across CSS. They are usually all or nothing, full or empty all the time. DM can be a huge success if we do it right i think. Our other three servers have been great, i have faith in this one being great also.

Walter
10-10-2008, 04:18 PM
You already have most of the good ideas for CS servers. Have you ever considered getting one for another game?

ManBearPig <ibis>
10-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Not yet i dont think. CSS is still our domain.

If we did i doubt we would get a server on a game that is already out. We will probably wait for a new game to come out and establish a server quickly on there. Just waiting for a game worthy of IBIS's touch. :icon_mrgreen:

deprodigy
10-10-2008, 07:45 PM
DON'T DO DEATHMATCH AND RPG SURF. Deathmatch and RPG ruins surf! There are billions of RPG/DM surf out there and it's definitely not in demand now. However, I know only one or two vanilla surf servers and they're very popular, a new one would get people who don't want to wait to get into the rest of the proper servers.

See! Billions of surf servers. lets do an rpg and dm!

-=NYS=- C.O.
10-10-2008, 07:51 PM
32 man Pub.

Baliame
10-11-2008, 01:24 AM
See! Billions of surf servers. lets do an rpg and dm!

There's exactly 2 proper surf servers out there, and I'm suggesting to do a proper surf server (one without RPG and DM). Don't waste a slot for RPG/DM anything, I really don't believe that's something that attracts traffic. If you really don't want surf, then how about a prison server (although that needs heavy adminning), hell once FPSB is back up, just to satisfy deprod's anti-surf fanatism, I'll look for worthy mods to play :P

A server for another game wouldn't be a bad idea though. A few games are coming out soon, such as L4D or CoD5.

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Not yet i dont think. CSS is still our domain.

If we did i doubt we would get a server on a game that is already out. We will probably wait for a new game to come out and establish a server quickly on there. Just waiting for a game worthy of IBIS's touch. :icon_mrgreen:

Left4dead could possibly be that game, i'd look into it now.

comes out novemeber 18th. Pc/360.

Hodgie
12-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Any updates on this?

Nikolay
12-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Before getting a new server could the pub be revived? No offence, but the pub server has been almost empty and I think that by now more people know of IBIS because of gungame and zombie! An embarrassing and humiliating situation to a person like me who loves the game and has grown with it (anyone remembers CS 1 beta 3?) Amidst such a terrifying degradation a new server is the last thing IBIS needs.

My 2 cents.

PS. Well, on a more constructive side, a gungame server that is not turbo is a rarity to see nowadays. Alas, gungame was excellent initially, with a lot of potential. There used to be office, dust2, aztec, etc. gungame servers! But the majority of players lack skill and are impatient, so when the turbo option was introduced things changed. (After all, why would anybody play when they know they cannot win, unless to wait for an opportunity to win? This is the biggest drawback of gungame and the main reason why I cannot wholeheartedly recommend a real gungame server) Gungame turbo is repulsive to me, which makes the fact that IBIS' gungame turbo server is prospering all the more painful. Oh well, perhaps quitting CS is an option to whiney bitches like me. :headache:

deprodigy
12-10-2008, 07:22 PM
I upgraded my memory, video card, bought the max amount of bandwidth allowed, yet I still lag in the pub so I can't say its on my end. Im sick of losing rank when noobs kill me cause I can't hit a fucking hs anymore even if I aim ahead. I pay more for my speed, and no it shouldn't be a level playing field for those that don't. valve slows me down so a fuckin 150 ping player has a chance... fuck that im sick of it.

ZERO
12-10-2008, 09:01 PM
In some places having more speed actually increases lag because of the changes in the network they put you on to get those speeds. Also note that if you have wireless lan that could be the biggest cause of your lag.

Nikolay
12-11-2008, 06:32 PM
I agree, the pub always feels choppy. When I join another server I need at least 10 minutes to get used to how accurately and fluidly the game is producing the shots. On the pub my "in" packets drop to 40 during battle, and I am running a core2 with an 8800 so low fps on my end is not really a plausible explanation. It is not the location either, as I have played on other servers that are in New York and they were as smooth as possible.:lurk:

THE HOLY SH**T!
12-11-2008, 11:12 PM
im at my father's house for the holidays and we got 6 computers their...3 labtops and 3 desktops. I have been lagging my ass off in every ibis server, since their is alot of cpus, downloads and bandwith interference ive been lagging my ass off, the servers are 66 tic though, right?

and a deathmatch server would be AWESOME so then i can be number 2 in all4 servers.

Nikolay
12-12-2008, 04:13 PM
The server is 100tic but that is not to say that it actually sends you a 100 packets per second. As I said, during gunfights the packets drop in the forties, at least for me.

ZERO
12-13-2008, 07:13 PM
I get 101/s on my end, what is your rate settings?

DarkRavin
12-20-2008, 10:44 PM
surf/climb/ wc3 mod

Im up for the Surf and WC3 one. I love wc3 :muffy: