PDA

View Full Version : Dota2

Sin
11-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Anyone in the beta yet? Is it measurable to the original? I'm tired of League of Legends and I don't have much time to delve into relearning half the Heroes in HoN.

I need this game to be exactly like the original in gameplay, hero mechanics, and items so that I can just jump in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cSFPIwMEq4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmtA2Tq062o&feature=relmfu

Chikun
11-20-2011, 09:34 PM
I tell you what, I went from DotA, to HoN during the beta, to LoL, and then back to HoN when it went free to play. If I have to re-learn heroes, item build, and overall strategies one more time I'm going to give up on the whole thing altogether.

Keep it simple, keep it stupid, as far as mechanics go. Focus on teamwork.

Sin
11-21-2011, 08:46 AM
When it comes to keeping it simple and stupid, LoL, takes the prize. I don't see Dota2 being quite difficult to learn since they're taking pretty much everything from the original Dota which I played for years like a nergin.

emTr0
11-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Never played either but it looks interesting. Thoughts on this game compared to others like WoW, LoL, etc?

Sin
11-21-2011, 01:21 PM
This is nothing like WoW.

From the videos/matches I've seen it looks like it's holding true to the old heroes/abilities/item builds of the original. Pretty similar to HoN, as well, but I like the art style better.

maynard
11-21-2011, 05:54 PM

+1:wtg:

emTr0
11-22-2011, 09:15 AM

+1:wtg:

Nothing like WoW meaning it's better...or isn't?

acolyte_to_jippity
11-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Nothing like WoW meaning it's better...or isn't?

well, better than wow isn't all that tough to achieve. BSGO was bettter than wow. fuck runescape was sometimes better than wow.

emTr0
11-22-2011, 01:17 PM
well, better than wow isn't all that tough to achieve. BSGO was bettter than wow. fuck runescape was sometimes better than wow.

I just might check out Dota2 then.

Sin
11-22-2011, 02:24 PM
It's nothing like WoW as in they're two completely different genres.

It's like comparing CS:S to Starcraft2.

DOTA is DOTA. Defense of the Ancients, IIRC, is a mod to, Warcraft3, an RTS. I believe the genre is now called "ACTION RTS" or some stupid shit. They have to give a label to every game so I guess they decided to make that one up.

Yeah LoL may have MMO elements with the "Summoner" and "Mastery" features, but it isn't a traditional MMORPG, like WoW is.

Hope I clarified enough!

maynard
11-22-2011, 05:40 PM
LoL = F2P RTS

WoW = P2P MMORPG

there is 0 comparison.