PDA

View Full Version : Ze and Zm maps need to be on seperate servers.

Rambo :D
11-27-2011, 01:55 AM
I honestly think that Zero should seperate the Ze and Zm modes onto different servers. Many people that play regularly are getting tired of all the ze maps that ppl vote for. More than half the time we admins have to manually change the map to a zm map. Tbh i think zero should just make seperate zombie servers for this.

LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE GETTING PISSED WITH ALL THE ZE MAPS!!!!

Ty, and i hope you take this seriously guys.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-27-2011, 02:13 AM
I honestly think that Zero should seperate the Ze and Zm modes onto different servers. Many people that play regularly are getting tired of all the ze maps that ppl vote for. More than half the time we admins have to manually change the map to a zm map. Tbh i think zero should just make seperate zombie servers for this.

LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE GETTING PISSED WITH ALL THE ZE MAPS!!!!

Ty, and i hope you take this seriously guys.

huh. i never notice ze maps when i'm senior admin. odd.

but yeah. get rid of the pieces of shit

CrazyHorse
11-27-2011, 02:27 AM
If majority of people are voting for ze maps, then they must want to play ze maps. If you don't like ze maps, don't play them. And people get pissed more when an admin gets on and just changes the map to w/e they want when the people playing had voted for the map they were playing. Maybe zero should change that rule that allows admins to change maps when ever they feel like it, instead of separating maps. Let the people playing choose what they want, that is the purpose of map votes, and if the people happen to pick a ze map, so be it. Don't forget to nominate zm maps though if you really want to play them.

StarsMine
11-27-2011, 10:34 AM
I dont think they need to be on seperat servers
also, Do you not understand you guys go to the map you VOTE for?

Pl@YwithM3
11-27-2011, 12:18 PM
take the time to look around first before starting up a new thread because chances are, what youre talking about is more than likely already discussed or being discussed elsewhere., in your case, look --> here (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/7084-Can-we-make-the-time-between-maps-shorter/page3) <-- and pay close attention to the 3rd page. especially this particular post:

The idea of having a ratio seems to be the best concept that I have read. Could be 3/1-5/1, but in any case it should go that way no matter what. Meaning if 3-5 ZM maps are played the random vote should only be Escape maps. There are some escape maps that are fun, and some that are just stupid. Eiother way if you want to keep the entire commmunity happy you have to have both. The added stress on Zero, cost, and the splitting of the ZM players, to me should eliminate the option of another server dedicated to ZE.

ChrisYoung
11-27-2011, 12:40 PM
this is not gonna happen, why post this idea?

Chikun
11-27-2011, 01:25 PM
If a lot of people are getting pissed about going to an escape map then why is the majority voting for them then?

Your argument is invalid, the majority has spoken.

Pl@YwithM3
11-27-2011, 01:53 PM
If a lot of people are getting pissed about going to an escape map then why is the majority voting for them then?

Your argument is invalid, the majority has spoken.

^ QTF!!

us having admin may be what some would like to call "a paid for benefit" but that doesnt in ANY way shape or form put aside the reason for WHY we are admins. like it or not, it is our duty to GIVE THE Pl@YERS WHAT THEY WANT! an if they wanna Pl@Y ze then ffs let them Pl@Y ze. theres a reason why ibis has always been THE #1 zombie mod server in all of CS:S you know. we buy admin to help contribute to the community. NOT to buy our way into puppeteering the servers the way we want them. the community is all about the Pl@Yers; our loyal regulars that make this place what it is. an if you all want it to stay that way than GIVE THE COMMUNITY PL@YERS WHAT THEY WANT.

Bane of Soldiers
11-27-2011, 04:19 PM
This idea has already been visited on, and it failed. Too costly, etc, etc. But I will throw in this.

While it is true that the majority chooses escape maps, a minority of these voters know what they want and truly want to go to these maps. Some facts about the zombie mod server....
-The server has 30+ players usually from 10am-10pm. Exclude special occasions
-Any other time, the only people that bother coming to the server are mostly regulars or foreign people
-Whenever the server has over 30 players, the majority of them are (ignorant) non-regulars

That being said, they're just clueless ballot-stuffers.

For those who don't play zm, you might ask why these ballot stuffers choose ze over zm. Lots of ze maps share two distinct characteristics. One, the gameplay is awful (either because of lack of teamwork, exploitable, glitchy/poorly made maps, or awful ideas overall). Two, they have names that appeal to the eye of those who don't know the horrors of playing it. For example: ze_hellescape, ze_titanicescape, ze_canalescape, ze_aperturescience, ze_lostworldredux, ze_paradise, ze_indianajonesescape, ze_grandboatescape, ze_jurassicparkstory. Appealing names coupled with failing gameplay.

Furthermore, lots of these non-regulars are incapable of building themselves an effective barricade. Thus, these non-regulars will mercilessly use their !maprate vote on decent zm maps that lots of us regulars like, and bring its rating down. Consequently, these maps will appear less and less and further down the voting options. Therefore, escape maps will fill the voting board more often. The best friend of the clueless ballot stuffer is "spam first option as much as i can."

Clearly, it's no wonder that these ze maps APPEAR to be more popular with the voters :banghead:

Pl@YwithM3
11-27-2011, 04:51 PM
pretty sure u just intellectually raped all of us.... :lmao:

acolyte_to_jippity
11-27-2011, 04:58 PM
This idea has already been visited on, and it failed. Too costly, etc, etc. But I will throw in this.

While it is true that the majority chooses escape maps, a minority of these voters know what they want and truly want to go to these maps. Some facts about the zombie mod server....
-The server has 30+ players usually from 10am-10pm. Exclude special occasions
-Any other time, the only people that bother coming to the server are mostly regulars or foreign people
-Whenever the server has over 30 players, the majority of them are (ignorant) non-regulars

That being said, they're just clueless ballot-stuffers.

For those who don't play zm, you might ask why these ballot stuffers choose ze over zm. Lots of ze maps share two distinct characteristics. One, the gameplay is awful (either because of lack of teamwork, exploitable, glitchy/poorly made maps, or awful ideas overall). Two, they have names that appeal to the eye of those who don't know the horrors of playing it. For example: ze_hellescape, ze_titanicescape, ze_canalescape, ze_aperturescience, ze_lostworldredux, ze_paradise, ze_indianajonesescape, ze_grandboatescape, ze_jurassicparkstory. Appealing names coupled with failing gameplay.

Furthermore, lots of these non-regulars are incapable of building themselves an effective barricade. Thus, these non-regulars will mercilessly use their !maprate vote on decent zm maps that lots of us regulars like, and bring its rating down. Consequently, these maps will appear less and less and further down the voting options. Therefore, escape maps will fill the voting board more often. The best friend of the clueless ballot stuffer is "spam first option as much as i can."

Clearly, it's no wonder that these ze maps APPEAR to be more popular with the voters :banghead:

+1

is it possible to make a system that requires a certain ammount of hours on-server before allowing one to vote?

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-27-2011, 05:18 PM
+1

is it possible to make a system that requires a certain ammount of hours on-server before allowing one to vote?

that is not necessary.

solution 1, as senior admin you uphold the right to change the map from a ze or cade map.
Keep in mind that the "ignorant ballot-stuffers" who frequent our servers making our server the most popular zombie mod server in CSS come from other servers weather it was a ZE only or Cade only server. So to say they dont know what there doing is absurd. If you dont want to play a ZE map, then wait the map out or change it, rtv. Its fairly simple and alot more effective then trying to take indirect action on a problem that didnt exist tell someone got there panties in a bunch. Having to sepreate servers is not ideal in any way so i do not see that being a reality, ever. What i do see is a better regulated map poll with even amount of chance to choose either a cade or escape map.

Bane of Soldiers
11-27-2011, 05:54 PM
That's true. There are still a lotta "first option that's not extend" spammers. But either way, this regular opposes the split servers idea :p

Srry72
11-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Damn it Bane! Always taking my thunder.

Also we can't rtv or wait the map out because the next map vote is usually 90% ze after the first escape map has been chosen. If we are lucky to get any zm maps on the vote they're usually the bad ones, the players rtv which turns into another ze vote and then the cycle is repeated until (maybe) an admin comes and breaks the cycle with a zm map most people are fine with.

And my post got mentioned :D

Chikun
11-30-2011, 01:35 AM
If the problem is the voting system being stacked in favor of showing mostly ZE maps or ZM maps then I propose this as a solution. Granted, I don't what freedom there is when customizing the map voting but it's worth mentioning.

The map vote first starts with three options: Extend, ZM, or ZE
Granted, if extend doesn't have the majority then the next vote menu would consist of the map options that consist only of the type that the majority voted on.

I think this would solve the problem.

Srry72
11-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Sounds good except it might end up being to long to defend. Especially if its in the beginning of the round when you're more worried about finding and setting up a cade than in the middle or the end where you're just hoping you don't shoot something out of place

Meltdown
12-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Just hopped by seeing this post, As i just recently started playing on this server I think might be best to change a couple of things within the vote system.

normally you have 2 vote rounds since there is hardly any majority vote why not change it to this:

Let everyone vote for 2 maps like it normally happens, then when the second vote comes up only regular players and admins can vote, this way the majority get to pick the the maps which will keep them happy, and the regulars and admins can choose between those 2 maps in that case both parties can be have there way abit. it will never solve the problem entirely but at least the regulars can choose between worse and shit or between zm or ze if this would be the case.

And I'm not sure Howe the rtv system works and Howe much % of the amount of players it counts for it actually rtv voting when u need so much rtv for map picking, but what I see allot is that when there is a real shit map on allot of people try to rtv but there always 4/5 rtv shorts, reasons enough why people do not rtv, just lazy or in ze maps to busy running or just don't know howe. in this case after certain amount i do say 60% of the majority of the total amount of rtv votes u need which in case is normally u have 4/5 rtv votes left make a poll pop up and force everyone to vote, do u want map change? yes/no this way everyone can still choose but it will become aware and this way u can change bad maps faster or maps that are not so good when there low amount of people on the server as example roy highway when u have 4 people playing.

I hope the feedback is somehow useful, I like the server allot and good amount of work has been made into to it, I think this server is definitely one of the better ones after my old clan decided not to host any more.

Srry72
12-10-2011, 09:36 PM
If that is possible (the voting part) it would take to much work/coding/stuff. Also what makes a regular a regular? I have seen players who play for a while not be recognized by other regulars just because they don't talk or they don't like them. Also regulars don't always vote for new maps. Its usually the same maps (littletown, 420beachstrike, scrapyard) Don't see this working out.

Bane of Soldiers
12-10-2011, 11:21 PM
First off, admins, if you feel that a majority of the server doesn't want to play the map, senior admin has the right to change it. Heck, as senior admin you actually don't have to give a fuck about normal players and admins' opinions. As long as you don't use the right to rapidly switch maps, play bad maps to torture players or ones that are known to damage the server, or any other abusive ideas that I don't want to know about...

I really want to stress this: No substantial problem exists here. It's just a bunch of regulars that are butthurt over the amount of ze maps that come in on their playing times (for some, rightfully so lol). I think people need to just buck up and either

1) Do something else with their time
2) Sit in spectate & talk amongst other players/nominate/rtv till the next map
3) Play the terribad maps

If you intend to turn the server into a dictatorship where rank whoring and cade maps run 24/7, remember that this system has always kept a good amount of prey in game for everyone, even if it means going through escape maps. Escape maps have some benefit. It's a kind of tax we regulars must pay in order to keep power. If it weren't for escape maps distracting noobs, taking up their time and making them rage, not only would we become preyless, but possibly prey ourselves. If all we played were cade maps, noobs will find all our favorite map secrets, hiding spots, and barricades ten times faster. And those spots will be filled ten times faster. Don't lie, every regular has thought "gtfo of my spot noob" at least once. Right now, zombie mod is relatively balanced and stable. Trying to change the system in place would probably cause more irritation, confusion, and raging, even for the regulars.

To sum it up, suck it up :biglaff:

Pl@YwithM3
12-11-2011, 02:14 AM
First off, admins, if you feel that a majority of the server doesn't want to play the map, senior admin has the right to change it. Heck, as senior admin you actually don't have to give a fuck about normal players and admins' opinions. As long as you don't use the right to rapidly switch maps, play bad maps to torture players or ones that are known to damage the server, or any other abusive ideas that I don't want to know about...

I really want to stress this: No substantial problem exists here. It's just a bunch of regulars that are butthurt over the amount of ze maps that come in on their playing times (for some, rightfully so lol). I think people need to just buck up and either

1) Do something else with their time
2) Sit in spectate & talk amongst other players/nominate/rtv till the next map
3) Play the terribad maps

If you intend to turn the server into a dictatorship where rank whoring and cade maps run 24/7, remember that this system has always kept a good amount of prey in game for everyone, even if it means going through escape maps. Escape maps have some benefit. It's a kind of tax we regulars must pay in order to keep power. If it weren't for escape maps distracting noobs, taking up their time and making them rage, not only would we become preyless, but possibly prey ourselves. If all we played were cade maps, noobs will find all our favorite map secrets, hiding spots, and barricades ten times faster. And those spots will be filled ten times faster. Don't lie, every regular has thought "gtfo of my spot noob" at least once. Right now, zombie mod is relatively balanced and stable. Trying to change the system in place would probably cause more irritation, confusion, and raging, even for the regulars.

To sum it up, suck it up

+ ∞

bane i kinda sorta love u right now? kthnx :wtg:

BigRuSs
12-12-2011, 08:21 PM
If there wasn't a fast zombie class for ZE there wouldn't be that much of a problem

Rosie
12-12-2011, 08:45 PM
If there wasn't a fast zombie class for ZE there wouldn't be that much of a problem

Did you read any of this thread?

BigRuSs
12-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Not at all

Srry72
12-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Just so you know, we didn't have any trouble with the zombies.

Meltdown
01-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Ok

Seriously when is there going to be a solution to this ZE madness, Lately we play 70% of the time ZE and mostly the most crap once too, just because of the cool name people vote for it. Maps like the lotro ones are really no fun to play same goes for predicator or all those others that need some decent play. Face it most escape maps are well designed but not designed for the stupidity of 80% of the people who play them and have no clue what to do and never learn the map. What you get is that we get to play an escape map that few know what to do and the rest just random do what comes up in there head first resulting in 90% of zombie domination with no effort at all and sometimes we can make it if we have enough good or experienced people around.

I'm tired sitting in spec and just leaving annoyed because every poll result in a escape map some for hours without even one zm map in-between.

TheFallen927
01-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Mako Reactor can be beaten with no noobs on but this has only happened once. The Lotr maps were better when the zombies got sent back to spawn. Due to the amount of noobs in zm now i do not play most maps where they will get the team killed..

Meltdown
01-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Mako Reactor can be beaten with no noobs on but this has only happened once. The Lotr maps were better when the zombies got sent back to spawn. Due to the amount of noobs in zm now i do not play most maps where they will get the team killed..

But that's the whole point these maps needs good setup of players otherwise your just playing those maps for no reason at all. Just so god damm annoying all those people voting for those maps and when they play that map they all complain that it is a crap map and those very same people just vote the next day or even 6 hours later for the exact same map. I don't know if it is just ignorance or they really have 6 seconds memory.

TheFallen927
01-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Why not play one of the other servers while fail maps are being played?

Rosie
01-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Why not play one of the other servers while fail maps are being played?

Speaking of which the huge influx of ZM players on WCS today was great.

T3h tyrant
01-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Speaking of which the huge influx of ZM players on WCS today was great.

thats because WCS is fucking kick ass

TheFallen927
01-25-2012, 10:26 AM
thats because WCS is fucking kick ass

That is obvious due to there being less noobs.
Also one less rank whore on zm now.

Meltdown
01-25-2012, 02:12 PM
I play ccs mostly because of office or zombie mod I don't care much of the rest. I just want to see a healthy map circulation.

Rosie
01-25-2012, 03:32 PM
That is obvious due to there being less noobs.
Also one less rank whore on zm now.

I stopped rank whoring as well. Acctually I stopped playing ZM for the most part.

TheFallen927
01-25-2012, 03:42 PM
I was talking about Chris.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-25-2012, 04:02 PM
I was talking about Chris.

yeah, what happened?

TheFallen927
01-25-2012, 04:03 PM
He got vac banned.

Meltdown
01-25-2012, 05:12 PM
He got vac banned.

And how did that happen?

TheFallen927
01-25-2012, 05:15 PM
No idea but he has removed his admin tag.

Meltdown
01-25-2012, 05:19 PM
No idea but he has removed his admin tag.

Well maybe he is so kind enough to explain it to us himself.:wtg: