PDA

View Full Version : A few Gripes with the ZM server

kstorm88
12-13-2011, 07:29 PM
I think most will agree having zombie classes ruins more than most maps, because most were created in a time when zombies didn't jump 20ft high. Escape maps are ruined by fast, bunny hopping, parachuting zombies. This totally ruins the game on these maps.That's basically it. I would think this would be more clear to people but the classes really ruin it for me and the paraachuting ruins most maps too, considering some exploits in escape maps. Also, add zm_badneighbors

Sincerly Kstorm ibis.a ej205

Bane of Soldiers
12-13-2011, 08:16 PM
I disagree. Humans still win left and right with all these zombie classes. Always has been that way. The two classes you referred to...

>Poisons have high knockback and low health.
>Fasts have low health and are slower now than they had been at one point of time

The reason why these two would provide trouble is either you don't exploit the flaws in their class or the players are knowledgeable enough to hide these weaknesses. A fast zombie that makes use of its maneuverability to dodge bullets and spring attacks onto the sides and flank of a human will always survives longer than a fast zombie that relies too much on its speed and tries to rush a para-wielding human straight on. However, the fast class has always been the biggest target for tweaking in zombie mod. It's been modified quite a bit, (I personally like how it is now because I'm use to it) so there's a lot of hope for change, seeing the history of complaints the class gets. But then again, it might not. Like I said, it's been faster before and as of recently, I think people are more concerned about the knockback on the body of the fast zombie rather than the actual speed. People that complain about fast zombies on escape servers usually leave it as a statement that they don't belong. If a thread with good reason is made, fasts might get disabled. You might not even have to, since the fast, deformed, and poison were once disabled for a bit of time until the server was adjusted and they were brought back.

For adding maps or if you see any reason to disable the use of parachutes on a certain map, see: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/3468-READ-ME-%28How-to-post-threads%29
Concerning bunny hopping & escape maps, I agree with Crimson's post: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6901-Strafe-Jumping-on-Escape-Maps?p=111948#post111948

kstorm88
12-13-2011, 08:31 PM
I really can not disagree with you more. I'm not saying that "so and so" zombie is OP. I think there should be no classes. Classic and nothing else. Many maps were created without classes in mind. Some of my favorite maps from yester-year are completely un fun now. I like to keep things vanilla, call me old fashion. parachutes ruin mostly zm maps to be honest.

Srry72
12-13-2011, 10:32 PM
I agree with Bane. If there were no zombie classes, humans would be able to exploit the maps so that they could win every round. One example is that one map with the warehouse, train and an underground tunnel (with baby heads)

Pl@YwithM3
12-13-2011, 10:33 PM
I like to keep things vanilla, call me old fashion.

that is so incredibly racist

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-13-2011, 11:01 PM
so what your saying is that you have just started playing in the highest ranked zombie mod server in CSS where some of the best players ever exists and you cant keep up with them. so instead of devoting "like some of us" thousands of hours in game to become a pro (like yours truly) you request that the server be completely void of one of the things that makes it so unique?

Bane of Soldiers
12-13-2011, 11:09 PM
I doubt any veteran of zombie mod would support this idea. Us regulars are quite fond of our zombie perks....specialization and individualism in a team can be a good thing. Although it is an unprecedented suggestion that would silence the humans' whining, it would probably make just make everyone pissed. Regulars because they don't get their perks and noobs because they'll always be on the weakened zombie side. The zombies would want to win sometime after all :smirk: It just wouldn't be IBIS ZM without parachutes or zombie classes. That aside, I'm also concerned as to what kinds of things may happen to server traffic if this idea was adopted.... :reddot:

acolyte_to_jippity
12-14-2011, 12:17 AM
fact: poisons, predators, and pred xp's have higher jumps
fact: they have MASSIVELY increased knockback
fact: they have heavily reduced hp
fact: poisons move almost as slow as a deformed
fact: fast zombies have speed
fact: fast zombies have massive knockback
fact: fast zombies have extremely low hp
fact: quit bitching
fact: deformed have massively increased hp
fact: deformed have massively reduced knockback
fact: deformed are slowest in game
fact: deformed can't jump for shit

Chikun
12-14-2011, 01:19 AM
fact: quit bitching

Couldn't agree more.

Rosie
12-14-2011, 01:56 AM
On escape maps fast zombies are the same speed as a regular zombie since Zero's last tweak.

The classes are what makes the game. You have to choose your poison, no pun intended. You can be fast and weak, slow and strong, or one of the middle of the road zombies. The poison can jump like a bitch, but is also the easiest to kill. Their knockback is insane, and they are sloooooooow. The one glitch I have noticed recently that could use tweaking, is the deformed on escape maps. they are as fast as a regular zombie, with no knockback, and mad HP. They still can barely make it on a box though.

When did Mikey become a Zombie mod pro?

acolyte_to_jippity
12-14-2011, 02:48 PM
When did Mikey become a Zombie mod pro?

when his e-peen became about equal to his height

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-14-2011, 06:32 PM
when his e-peen became about equal to his height

Correction, iv also been a very good ZM'er. Seeing as how i started playing in the server back before all these changes were made to better suit the sissy nanny's. It was a time of great pleasure and strategy as everything was alot more difficult and social. Always full opf regulars who didnt mic spam or cry about there being to many races.

Chikun
12-14-2011, 07:23 PM
mic spam

between that and people spamming radio commands the server is just not that fun when I have to turn off my sound to play.

Rosie
02-15-2012, 02:40 PM
______________________Page Break--------------------------------------

Better name for a post that went off subject.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Even once a week is already too much, the whole point of cading is being undone by all these maps, one person who can easily defend at certain spots without allot of effort is just not how it should be in my opinion. It should become way and way harder. zombies should be enabled to break cades faster and easier so you force people to work together this dismisses also the point of rank whoring because alone you won't survive, and another good point is that when people have to work together they will become better which is what we all want.

I do not completly believe this to be true. In a real Zombie attack I am leaving the fat retarded kid to fend for himself. I also will not allow crackheads, or meth addicts in my cade. The same goes true in the server. If I know you then you can come hang in my cade, if not you better not expect me to trust you in a life-or-death situation. If I think I stand a better chance on my own, then let me try. If I ask Blackout to go to a cade with me it is because I know I cant hold the spot by myself and be a productive killer.

And if you think that Zombie should be able to break cades faster, then it shouldnt take 6-8, shotgun blasts to the forehead to stop them. you have to give up some reality for gameplay.

TheFallen927
02-15-2012, 03:05 PM
I think most people would rather work alone if they know they can hold a cade by themselves it is better to cade by yourself than with to have noobs with you who will like get you killed.

Pl@YwithM3
02-15-2012, 04:23 PM
it shouldnt take 6-8, shotgun blasts to the forehead to stop them
put me in the picture an ill do it in 2-4 :shotgun:

Meltdown
02-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Yes make it way harder for humans, no more pussy play or change strictly the map cycle because only today we already have played little town for like??? 3 times if not more

Give me a break, I know for some obvious it is very imported to gain precious kills and skill rather then play the mod to it's true purpose. I'm really getting annoyed by some on the servers who give all crap excuses to play little town or beach strike etc etc and ruin the fun for allot of people just for there selfish gain.

Every time we play those maps allot of people leave, why? due the unfairness of the maps. so give those people a chance to fight back properly or remove the maps.

B1ackOut
02-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Yes make it way harder for humans, no more pussy play or change strictly the map cycle because only today we already have played little town for like??? 3 times if not more

Give me a break, I know for some obvious it is very imported to gain precious kills and skill rather then play the mod to it's true purpose. I'm really getting annoyed by some on the servers who give all crap excuses to play little town or beach strike etc etc and ruin the fun for allot of people just for there selfish gain.

Every time we play those maps allot of people leave, why? due the unfairness of the maps. so give those people a chance to fight back properly or remove the maps.

I don't know about the general population, but I have been playing here for going on 3 years and i like the settings that this server has, that is the main reason I play ibis zm. Besides there are enough people who suck ass that the increased difficulty would fuck them up more than the regs who have grown used to and like the general settings. Teamwork doesn't work here. It is a fact that everyone must accept. There are too many new players that come and go for real teamwork to happen. People play zombie mod the way they want to play, personally i try to have fun and do "dangerous" shit, thats my way. There is no one way. And who gives a shit about rank, really. Sure there are a few people who do but as said that is there way to play. Ways to abuse rank are being dealt with. Hopefully rank whore maps will be removed and other shitty maps will follow suit.

TheFallen927
02-15-2012, 05:57 PM
I only played little town once today and when there are no admins on all that gets played is escape maps which annoys the regs who want to play cade maps.

toma
02-15-2012, 06:02 PM
meh on little town i only go in those "cheap" places when i'm at work and know i'll have to afk from time to time if not i'm usually in the houses or in a hidden spot that shoots zombies in the air that comes too close :smirk:

TheFallen927
02-15-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't know about the general population, but I have been playing here for going on 3 years and i like the settings that this server has, that is the main reason I play ibis zm. Besides there are enough people who suck ass that the increased difficulty would fuck them up more than the regs who have grown used to and like the general settings.
I agree with this.

Pl@YwithM3
02-15-2012, 06:53 PM
pre-set alltalk to 1 for the beginning of every round
leave all server settings the same
remove rankwhoring exploits and reset ONLY the exploiters stats
remove severely one-sided / broken maps (LITTLE TOWN FFS)
add a shit ton of new maps so we can all have new "favorites" to Pl@Y on

...did i miss anything?

TheFallen927
02-15-2012, 06:57 PM
I could suggest more maps if you want? right now there is 33 waiting to be added

Pl@YwithM3
02-15-2012, 07:02 PM
I could suggest more maps if you want? right now there is 33 waiting to be added

the more the merrier :wtg: