PDA

View Full Version : No Hurt glitch

Blackmage
12-21-2011, 01:06 AM
About two minutes before:

[SM] The current server time is 12/21/2011 - 01:00:01 AM

We were unable to hurt each other, races were bugging out, I had too little gravity as Flame pred. I didn't think to check if this was the ability only glitch. Everything went back to normal after map change.

On another note, server it complaining about not being totally up to date, not sure if related.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-21-2011, 01:16 AM
o.O

this bug...it's back?

Blackmage
12-21-2011, 01:42 AM
It's been so long, I forgot to check thoroughly. It might have been true immortality.

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-21-2011, 04:08 AM
maybe it has somthing to do with the server message "HEY, YOU THERE, War3Source has a new version... UPDATE USZZZZZ"

acolyte_to_jippity
12-21-2011, 10:21 PM
maybe it has somthing to do with the server message "HEY, YOU THERE, War3Source has a new version... UPDATE USZZZZZ"

no. besides, zero can't update. we run a barely recognizable version of war3 that zero has clubbed into looking and working like the old wcs system. thus, he can't just update. he needs to make the new update work like his canabalized one.

CYBER
12-22-2011, 03:52 AM
where is encapsulation when u fucking need it right?:P

but yeah, im not sure if zero can automatically update (assuming the update is compatible with his view of wcs...)
but does it matter really? server still works great, unless that's a bug that's repeating?
Anyone seen another occurence of it? has it been seen as a "date' related bug? or time related bug? player related? total-races-related? or just a coincidence? i wish there was a source TV of it here... too lazy to look for it now lol, but it would be nice to take into account the conditions and the variables at that time in order to try to recreate that bug, if possible, and probably assess the situation...

OR

we could all sit back and enjoy a game of gungame if this bug is infecting wcs:D

Blackmage
12-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Heh, I REALLY should stop trying to do things while asleep. Either should have mentioned it was on Westwood or attached this demo :P

Tick 18000 is the round where halfway through, damage stopped.

ZERO
12-23-2011, 12:04 AM
There is no new stable release out. I only update for stable releases b/c regardless of the changes I made to the core basically every version requires making a lot of programing changes to races. This mod has a very fluid API so a lot of races get broken during updates. In other cases new API options render old races dated so even if they do run they could run better and more stable if reprogrammed with the latest API options. As a result I only update when a stable build is released so that I can make all the changes at once as one big patch.

On another note sorry about getting delayed on the races. There was a ton of disasters with work going into this week and things are very critical with the holidays here. I will try to get Dragonfly's last bugs fixed tomorrow. :wtg:

Disflux
12-23-2011, 11:21 AM
There is no new stable release out. I only update for stable releases b/c regardless of the changes I made to the core basically every version requires making a lot of programing changes to races. This mod has a very fluid API so a lot of races get broken during updates. In other cases new API options render old races dated so even if they do run they could run better and more stable if reprogrammed with the latest API options. As a result I only update when a stable build is released so that I can make all the changes at once as one big patch.

On another note sorry about getting delayed on the races. There was a ton of disasters with work going into this week and things are very critical with the holidays here. I will try to get Dragonfly's last bugs fixed tomorrow. :wtg:

I'm sure the fixes can wait until next week. You shouldn't have to work on things Christmas Eve or Christmas day. Take the time and spend it with friends and family, I'm sure we will be doing the same. :wtg:

ShadedFlash
12-24-2011, 10:55 PM
I saw this bug happen about a month ago late at night and demod it too because it was hilarious. The mod simply seemed to turn itself off and most people couldnt buy guns for some reason but some had guns and we could shoot eachother infinitely without killing anyone. It was on compound. Couldn't map vote it off because nothing was working and just had to wait for the map to expire.

Heres Demo