PDA

View Full Version : i have ran out of anime to watch

taz1stP
12-23-2011, 03:55 AM
i have once agin ran out of good anime to watch which is horrid. so anyone know any really good anime that you would recommend?

taz1stP
12-31-2011, 04:03 AM
has anyone seen Toradora! if you have is it any good?

Bane of Soldiers
12-31-2011, 10:51 AM
has anyone seen Toradora! if you have is it any good?

Depends what kind of anime you like. If you don't like those romance/slice-of-life/comedy shows, turn around now.

Toradora!'s mainly slice-of-life, school, romance, and comedy (mostly slapstick, some puns, and random stuff). The romance part is your typical tsundere relationship. Lots of the stuff that goes on early in the storyline is kinda "only in anime" lol. The main character's also a freak lol. Loves the kitchen and cleaning too much. But his parakeet is fucking awesome.

Oh, and this anime is a work of J.C. Staff, and Aisaka Taiga is voiced by Rie Kugimiya if you're not watching dubs. This can be a good or bad thing depending on your taste. Rie Kugimiya voices Shana in Shakugan no Shana, Nagi from Hayate no Gotoku, Louise Françoise from Zero no Tsukaima, and Aria from Hidan no Aria. Some people think her voice is adorable. Some people think her voice is the most annoying one in all of Japan. I think all of those animes I've just listed are also from J.C. Staff... If you go on to watch any of them, you'll notice that all these animes are the same in some aspects. It's kinda annoying. From what I noted, whenever J.C. Staff uses Rie Kugimiya, she will be playing the [tsundere] heroine in a romance anime, and her character oddly spends too much time at the main character's house for one odd reason or another[only in anime]. I personally liked Toradora a lot, but it's all a matter of preference.

somehow i feel that i've went around the topic ._.

Edit: Forgot to mention that right from the get-go, you can basically predict what happens in Toradora from the start to the end. Extremely obvious and cliched

taz1stP
12-31-2011, 09:45 PM
i should put up my anime list so that it helps but i looked at yours and damn you and me watch totally diff anime i think there are like 3 we both watch

ZERO
12-31-2011, 11:18 PM
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/ZEROibis/anime

Just filter by rating and go down the list. I enjoy everything 2 stars and up. 3 stars is an average series. I rank based off of art, length, story music op and ed character development, likable characters and what I believe they could have done with the series.

Bane of Soldiers
01-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Yeah, I'm not really picky about what I watch. If people mention that it's good or funny, I'll make sure to put it on my list of shows that I want to watch. By the same token, I kinda avoid any anime that's been rated badly by someone I know or trust to know this kind of stuff. Some people seem to refer to anime in the same ballpark though, as you can see from my list lol... and I don't have a lot of time so I'm not extremely picky on art, themes, or storylines, as long as it holds my interest or it's just horrendous. :shrug:

ZERO
01-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Omg I just finally read you list you have seen nothing, ironically some stuff I have not jet seen but you have no idea. Just do my list in order of stars or alphabetically and prepare. Prepare to have a new world open, a world of awesome!

taz1stP
01-01-2012, 05:01 AM
zero who are you talking to in that last post?? well i guess i should post my list so you can see what i have watched and you might want to steal some if you dont have them http://www.anime-planet.com/users/taz1stP/anime

ZERO
01-01-2012, 07:47 PM
I was talking about Bane of Soldiers however while you have seen a lot of content You can see that there is about 100+ series on my list that you should check out.
If you compare yours to mine you should easily be able to find the series you have not seen yet. :wtg:

taz1stP
01-02-2012, 12:50 AM
yeah but you watch a lot of mech which im so so on but i will look at some more of yours.

ZERO
01-02-2012, 01:33 AM
Not really, there are only 2 Gundam series in there...

If you compare the lists you see in the last year the real difference. I am watching most of the shows that are airing you watch like 1 or 2 (ironically the ones I did not watch in many cases).

Also I do not rate based on how much I enjoyed the series. The rating scale for stars and points are linear but my feeling on series are exponential. So as a result I instead rate the series compared to others in a multi point review where 3 is average. Anything that has 3 stars and up I really enjoyed. 2 stars I sort of enjoyed and the low ones (min star rating) I did not like.

I believe the vast majority of my list should fall under slice of life, romance/drama and comedy.

You should note that anything that I rated 4 stars and above is awesome enough that you need to watch it right now. Stop what your doing and watch it. That being the case there should be like 50+ shows that you need to watch right this second.

taz1stP
01-02-2012, 02:09 AM
ok i will go tell my boss that i cant come in b/c i have to watch anime XD i dont think he will let me off XD

ok so i was watching mayoi neko overrun and just finished episode 4 and realized that a lot of my anime have ended and some didn't air this week just hit me and episode 4 is funny as hell if you haven't seen the show. this is kinda all mixed up but you can figure it out i think.

Bane of Soldiers
01-03-2012, 01:43 PM
ok i will go tell my boss that i cant come in b/c i have to watch anime XD i dont think he will let me off XD

ok so i was watching mayoi neko overrun and just finished episode 4 and realized that a lot of my anime have ended and some didn't air this week just hit me and episode 4 is funny as hell if you haven't seen the show. this is kinda all mixed up but you can figure it out i think.

I started watching and you were damn right. Episode 4 was hilarious :lmao:
These scenes especially

taz1stP
01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
i dont lie about that but watching 5 at the same time is hard to keep them straight

Bane of Soldiers
01-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Random stuff and blabbing about the voice acting: ~~

I find it amusing that the voice actresses for Shirai Kuroko and Misaka Mikoto from the Toaru series do the voices for the two maids that follow Chise around. Incidentally, Chise's voice actress is the one that does Index. And then Accelerator's voice actor is doing the male lead role and that Saten Ruiko's seiyuu is also the voice behind Fumino. It's a To Aru Kagaku/Majutsu filled cast!

Scenes with Takumi as a child is voiced by Minako Kotobuki...Nozomi is voiced by Ayana Taketasu....and Otome "nee-san" is voiced by Satomi Sato. That's 3/5 of the voice actresses that do the moe-pool called K-On. Tsumugi Kotobuki, Azusa Nakano, and Ritsu Tainaka, respectively.

Three minor voices are from Toradora. The two male classmates are voiced by the same ones that does Ryuji and his classmate, the long, blue haired one. Fumino's best friend (not Takumi, a female classmate) is voiced by the same person as Minori Kushieda

this boring stuff can be entertaining :spin:

taz1stP
01-04-2012, 12:26 AM
lol i guess

ZERO
01-04-2012, 01:37 AM
i dont lie about that but watching 5 at the same time is hard to keep them straight

Wow I usually watch at least 10 shows that are airing and then watch another 10 shows that have already aired at the same time. I shift around to different series depending on what I am in the mood for. Sometimes I might marathon something over the course of 2 days or so.

taz1stP
01-04-2012, 03:36 AM
im usually watching at the vary least 5 anime airing but right now im down to 3 i think maybe 4 but i switch on the non airing side i think im at 5 right now that i have watched in the last week but i will switch once i get bored with this kind i might go to a fighting one or some other kind not sure yet. but when they are all made by the same group that i am watching at once they kind of get mixed up in my head. that and gaming and work dont help add to this.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-04-2012, 03:56 AM
off topic, i just started watching chrno crusade.

not bad so far, but rosette is annoying me for some reason

taz1stP
01-04-2012, 05:24 AM
aco at one time i started to watch that one but don't remember why i stopped. but do you have an anime planet account yet if you do you should post it so we can see what u have watched and someone might recommend a good one that you haven't seen or they might take a few that you have. just a thought.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-04-2012, 01:26 PM
aco at one time i started to watch that one but don't remember why i stopped. but do you have an anime planet account yet if you do you should post it so we can see what u have watched and someone might recommend a good one that you haven't seen or they might take a few that you have. just a thought.

i have one, haven't kept it up though. but whenever i show it to people, they ignore everything but my 'dropped' series (death note, code geass, and gurren lagann)

taz1stP
01-04-2012, 03:18 PM
well go get it fixed up and come back.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-04-2012, 06:25 PM
well go get it fixed up and come back.

'fixed up'?

taz1stP
01-05-2012, 12:31 AM
updated and what not. once u do that i will look at it and tell you some that i might have seen that you might like.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-05-2012, 12:40 AM
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/acolytetojippity

taz1stP
01-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Blood-C is one u might like.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-05-2012, 01:12 AM
ehhh, tried watching it a long time ago. lost interest fast. don't remember why

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

also i forgot to change elfen leid to 'watched'

taz1stP
01-05-2012, 02:35 AM
this one came out last year and the first few episodes are kinda weird but once u watch the series you will be waiting for the movie to end the series.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-05-2012, 01:40 PM
this one came out last year and the first few episodes are kinda weird but once u watch the series you will be waiting for the movie to end the series.

ooooohhhh, i was thinking of the first blood one. blood+

i'll have to look into blood-c

taz1stP
01-05-2012, 03:29 PM
this one is kinda a mystery one but its like you find out a little bit of past each episode and makes u just keep wondering wtf is going on was a vary good one.

Bane of Soldiers
01-05-2012, 05:22 PM
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/acolytetojippity

If you're a real fan of mecha/sci-fi/military-minded anime, I suggest going ahead and skipping Infinite Stratos. I think it'd be an utter slap to the face if you are one. Foremost, I think it would be classified as a harem. And then school-life/comedy, romance/ecchi. It just has some elements of mecha/sci-fi to set it off from others in its genre.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-05-2012, 05:44 PM
If you're a real fan of mecha/sci-fi/military-minded anime, I suggest going ahead and skipping Infinite Stratos. I think it'd be an utter slap to the face if you are one. Foremost, I think it would be classified as a harem. And then school-life/comedy, romance/ecchi. It just has some elements of mecha/sci-fi to set it off from others in its genre.

actually, i started it a while back. i liked the few episodes i saw, but then i kinda stalled 'cause i started watching battlestar galactica. i gotta pick it back up and finish it sometime.

Bane of Soldiers
01-05-2012, 06:25 PM
actually, i started it a while back. i liked the few episodes i saw, but then i kinda stalled 'cause i started watching battlestar galactica. i gotta pick it back up and finish it sometime.

It is quite the hilarious show. Houki's divine retribution is unforgettable. So is Laura's "waifu." You'll understand when you watch it :lmao:

taz1stP
01-06-2012, 03:55 AM
i like the whole you thing with the chick thats like you will marry me and we will have kids. XD

Bane of Soldiers
01-06-2012, 05:48 AM
Cleared 9 episodes of Dragon Crisis and one of shipuuden in one sitting. Think that I'll be out for a while....

In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions for what I should watch next? Genre doesn't matter, but I'd prefer that it'd be short, like 12-15 episodes. I might be able to finish one more season of anime before school comes back in session on Monday

taz1stP
01-06-2012, 06:03 AM
some of the ones i liked that were short fair warning the ending to some of these will piss you off b/c u have to wait for next season

Fortune Arterial
Maken-ki!
Guilty Crown
Ben-To
Freezing
Deadman Wonderland
Bakemonogatari
Angel Beats!
Chrome Shelled Regios
Sekirei
Devil May Cry
Highschool of the Dead
Kampfer
Vampire Knight
that should get you threw the weekend for sure.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Cleared 9 episodes of Dragon Crisis and one of shipuuden in one sitting. Think that I'll be out for a while....

In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions for what I should watch next? Genre doesn't matter, but I'd prefer that it'd be short, like 12-15 episodes. I might be able to finish one more season of anime before school comes back in session on Monday

hellsing

angel beats is good too.

HOTD is also excellent, if you don't mind fanservice

Bane of Soldiers
01-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Angel Beats was an awesome show. Didn't stop watching till I got through the entire season and ova :P

I'll start with highschool of the dead. thanks for the quick reply lol

taz1stP
01-06-2012, 07:27 PM
yeah those were some of the ones that i liked i might add more latter but those are short and awesome.

taz1stP
01-07-2012, 04:26 PM
i know we shouldnt dub post but i just watched first episode of Highschool DxD and omg its like a cross between hsod ,queens blade, and a few others looks like it could be a vary good one. its a t&a anime

ZERO
01-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Yea tomorrow I got to make my big list of what I am watching this season and from what fan sub group. I wonder when I can start reading some fan sub reviews in case I am split on anything.

taz1stP
01-07-2012, 06:48 PM
ZERO GO WATCH Nisemonogatari RIGHT NOW.... its the second season of Bakemonogatari its really weird first episode

ZERO
01-07-2012, 07:09 PM
UTW is not subbing it I am not watching until they change their mind or I find a good group for it. I was really looking forward to that series and I will rather wait for the bluray than watch shit.

On another note just a reminder for everyone to watch Umineko no Naku Koro Ni if they have not.

taz1stP
01-07-2012, 07:25 PM
its subbed already i just watched it and its on 2 diff sites. but it looks like some of these shows coming out are going to be amazing.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-07-2012, 07:41 PM
On another note just a reminder for everyone to watch Umineko no Naku Koro Ni if they have not.

where can i watch it?

i tend to prefer streaming...unless does bakaBT have it (i'm not looking for a 46 GB thing, but a not-super-quality one)

edit: never mind, found it on baka. i'll be able to watch it in...2.5 days...fml. :sigh: it looks so good too!

edit: edit: zero, have you ever watched hidan no aria?

taz1stP
01-07-2012, 08:25 PM
i have watched it i was so good

Bane of Soldiers
01-08-2012, 02:14 AM
I would only suggest not watching Hidan no Aria if you absolutely can't stand characters with loli/high-pitched/kinda-whiny/tsundere builds, like Shana(Shakugan no shana), Nagi(Hayate no Gotoku), Taiga(Toradora!), Louise(Zero no Tsukaima). But don't get me wrong. That description of Aria was the quickest way for me to describe some qualities other people may find undesirable. To me, that description sounds way exaggerated. I loved Hidan no Aria, and you should definitely go watch it :)

acolyte_to_jippity
01-08-2012, 03:38 AM
I would only suggest not watching Hidan no Aria if you absolutely can't stand characters with loli/high-pitched/kinda-whiny/tsundere builds, like Shana(Shakugan no shana), Nagi(Hayate no Gotoku), Taiga(Toradora!), Louise(Zero no Tsukaima). But don't get me wrong. That description of Aria was the quickest way for me to describe some qualities other people may find undesirable. To me, that description sounds way exaggerated. I loved Hidan no Aria, and you should definitely go watch it :)

i have no clue what you're talking about. the only thing i might be able to equate to what you're saying would be Ekaterina "Katja" Kurae from Qwaser no Stigmata (i'm referring to the manga, not the anime. never seen the anime...i must one of these days. manga's excellent)

but Katja is a psychotic bdsm-bitch, who is only really a "good guy" because she's somewhat bored, and because it allows her to protect Hana (her magdelen, and the subject of all her bdsm activities...)

yeah, it's a weird manga. but as i said, excellent.

taz1stP
01-08-2012, 04:20 AM
its a good show i would recommend it.

Bane of Soldiers
01-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Loli= characters that are small children or appear like a child. Often female, complete with a small height, flat chest, higher pitched voice, and often strangely colored hair and eyes. I think the little girl that is rescued in episode 6 in HOTD can qualify as a loli. Aria isn't as petite as her but she is still short and fits the characteristics

Tsundere= there's some entomology-kinda-thing with the meanings of "tsun" and "dere;" you can google it, i'm too lazy to. Basically, female characters that are at first cold, mean, bitchy, etc. to the main character and insults/hits him often, but over time or plot development, warms up to him and they become good friends, or even to the point she is looking for more than friendship. Since you and I haven't watched much of the same anime, I don't know any good examples of a tsundere. If you can remember Houki or Laura from Infinite Stratos, they are examples of the tsundere character

ANYWAYS, I should shut up, and you should definitely put Hidan no Aria on your watching list. Like right now :smirk:

acolyte_to_jippity
01-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Loli= characters that are small children or appear like a child. Often female, complete with a small height, flat chest, higher pitched voice, and often strangely colored hair and eyes. I think the little girl that is rescued in episode 6 in HOTD can qualify as a loli. Aria isn't as petite as her but she is still short and fits the characteristics

Tsundere= there's some entomology-kinda-thing with the meanings of "tsun" and "dere;" you can google it, i'm too lazy to. Basically, female characters that are at first cold, mean, bitchy, etc. to the main character and insults/hits him often, but over time or plot development, warms up to him and they become good friends, or even to the point she is looking for more than friendship. Since you and I haven't watched much of the same anime, I don't know any good examples of a tsundere. If you can remember Houki or Laura from Infinite Stratos, they are examples of the tsundere character

ANYWAYS, I should shut up, and you should definitely put Hidan no Aria on your watching list. Like right now :smirk:

hmmmm, so not katja then. she's just a bdsm-dominant bitch all the time. though she fits the loli part. and the little girl in hotd isn't loli. she's a child. not seeming like a child, but actually is a child.

anyway, after a night of leaving comp turned on i now have fate/stay night, and this show on my hard drive.

Bane of Soldiers
01-08-2012, 03:38 PM
I think the loli definition includes both people who look like children and are children

anyway, after a night of leaving comp turned on i now have fate/stay night, and this show on my hard drive.

winning :icon_mrgreen:

acolyte_to_jippity
01-08-2012, 03:41 PM
I think the loli definition includes both people who look like children and are children

nah.

but having finished the first episode of hidan, i can say that it is dance in the vampire bund, with less vampires.

kick-ass chibi/loli main female protagonist
super-kick-ass just-want-to-be-normal fiercely loyal and overpowered male protagonist
people out to kill them

Bane of Soldiers
01-08-2012, 03:48 PM
LOL there is one vampire :3 Some of the background and logic is weird, but somewhat hilarious. There are a lot of references in that show, most of which I missed because I'm not into detective novels or literature concerning britain or w/e. Classic literature -_-. Also, there's an unrelated reference to the other shows that Aria's seiyuu did, in the preview for the final episode. :lmao:

acolyte_to_jippity
01-08-2012, 03:57 PM
LOL there is one vampire :3 Some of the background and logic is weird, but somewhat hilarious. There are a lot of references in that show, most of which I missed because I'm not into detective novels or literature concerning britain or w/e. Classic literature -_-. Also, there's an unrelated reference to the other shows that Aria's seiyuu did, in the preview for the final episode. :lmao:

see, if i was Kinji, i'd've killed aria. she would have died. she's too fucking annoying, and doesn't understand certain things. namely, that kinji wants her to go away.

taz1stP
01-08-2012, 04:15 PM
i think that arie would be border line moe at times

on a different note i just started brave 10 which looks to be a good one. not sure yet b/c only has 1 ep out so far.

taz1stP
01-10-2012, 04:58 AM
so any-who i just finished Toradora! and if you haven't seen it yet then i would recommend it. it was a really good one but ending was kinda predictable

Bane of Soldiers
01-10-2012, 06:12 PM
so any-who i just finished Toradora! and if you haven't seen it yet then i would recommend it. it was a really good one but ending was kinda predictable

Told ya the show was awesome :icon_mrgreen: But the show was a lot more than "kinda" predictable :P
Me, I'm squeezing in some episodes of the first season of Zero no Tsukaima in between studying for finals :lmao: The final season started a couple days ago right?

Edit: Google ftw. Yup, a couple days ago

taz1stP
01-10-2012, 11:05 PM
yep last one just started and remember the phrase like the great planes and like mountains when you hear it you will have to laugh

taz1stP
01-12-2012, 03:18 PM
well i just fished guilty crown and all i have to say is that last episode was to short they could of explained it more but it was an amazing ending that i didn't see coming. if you guys haven't seen it yet i would say go watch it. well i just looked and it would seem its not over yet not sure how many more ep's there are but im going to guess with 1-2 left b/c that one that just aired looked like the last.

Bane of Soldiers
01-16-2012, 01:44 AM
like the great plains and like a mountain range

Ahhh that was a great scene XD

And yes, I just went through the first three seasons of Zero no Tsukaima in 5 days ._.

Since I normally only watch anime that have run through their season, I am seriously at the edge of my seat waiting for the next episodes of Nisemonogatari and Zero no Tsukaima F to be released :13: It's a losing war, I have to wait till the season ends whether I start it when it's airing or not T^T

taz1stP
01-16-2012, 02:49 AM
so u see any of the new ones that are out besides those 2?

Bane of Soldiers
01-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Nope, but I think I might pick up Highschool DxD and Brave10.. I dunno, there's a lot of old titles that I want to watch too lol. I'll get around to most of them sooner or later xD

taz1stP
01-16-2012, 04:02 PM
those 2 are great

ZERO
01-20-2012, 02:00 PM
well i just fished guilty crown and all i have to say is that last episode was to short they could of explained it more but it was an amazing ending that i didn't see coming. if you guys haven't seen it yet i would say go watch it. well i just looked and it would seem its not over yet not sure how many more ep's there are but im going to guess with 1-2 left b/c that one that just aired looked like the last.

That is impossible as the show is not finished airing. Who made you think the show ended...

Official Title Guilty Crown

Official Title ギルティクラウン

Type TV Series, unknown number of episodes

Year 14.10.2011 till ??.03.2012

It will likely be 26ep long :wtg:

taz1stP
01-20-2012, 08:10 PM
i know its that long now but when i wrote that it made it looked like it was about to end.
i think my site said its 24 or 26 not sure