PDA

View Full Version : Tube Jumping?

Ryukatti
12-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Is there ANYTHING on those assholes who constantly spam their jump button in the tubes which makes it so much fucking harder to knock them back with out like a second person with a para or something? I personally think it's unfair because as a shotgun user, head shots are what really makes any zombie fly out and even with body shots I can sort of keep them at bay but when they do that cheap spam jumping shit, their heads are not even in the tubes especially those assholes who bind their jump button to like a mouse scroll wheel and even body shots aren't very effective anymore because their hitboxes are flying around. Not even 2 people with shotguns can knock back a fucking tube jumping zombie. It's basically, once they GET IN the tube and start jumping then it's sort of over unless you have 2 people with paras or smgs shooting through the tube and I don't want to be limited to a fucking para every time I want to camp in a tube.

Actually is there anything on people who bind their jump to their mouse wheel to jump in crouch spots in GENERAL? Because when they're doing that, the camper chances of getting headshots are nearly reduced to 0 and I don't want to have to rely on people to save my ass all the time. =3=

Carmichal
12-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Well sounds like a legitimate strategy to me. Looks like you'll getting used to paras :D

Steamer
12-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Guns have their strengths and weaknesses. Get use to it. Old news, physics bug since huge update, nothing can be done besides change model hitboxes, which then changes a ton of gameplay. The bug really does suck though.

Camp somewhere else...

No there is nothing you can do, unless its scripting jump, not hardware macros. You can tell that difference by a no stagger in velocity or footstep sounds. Then again my G9 MicroGear works fast enough to almost seem like a script. Though I don't use the "cheat" jump. :smirk:

ZERO
12-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Actually I am going to be updating the way knock back for no head impacts works in January using some new methods for vector calculations that were used to fix the black hole in the wcs server.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-23-2011, 05:59 PM
you could always use...you know...something other than a shotty?

rifles normally penetrate walls, and if you hit their head while they jump, even if it's 'outside' the tube it'll still knock them back...

Srry72
12-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Actually I am going to be updating the way knock back for no head impacts works in January using some new methods for vector calculations that were used to fix the black hole in the wcs server

Now pretend you're explaining it to a 5 year old

maynard
12-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Well sounds like a legitimate strategy to me.

this...

anex
12-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Actually is there anything on people who bind their jump to their mouse wheel to jump in crouch spots in GENERAL? Because when they're doing that, the camper chances of getting headshots are nearly reduced to 0 and I don't want to have to rely on people to save my ass all the time. =3=

It is all about the technique. If we were to ban jumping in a crouched area, then you guys would just do single shots to the head and rape. Backwards jumping counter balances that and it puts more stress on you and your team. In the end, it comes down to what you know and how you apply it. Shotguns work with knocking zombies over edges, not tubes. Tubes you go para or you are going to keep getting upset.

Shit is hard esp when you are up against skilled players. Just wait till you meet someone who can b-hop+jump into a crouched area.

Pit_Viper1
12-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Pfffffffft Anex doesn't know what he is talking about, paras are for noobs. Reals men tube camp with the Mac10/Deagle.

Srry72
12-24-2011, 03:00 PM
b-hop+jump into a crouched area

Those sunsofbitches can burn in hell

Chikun
12-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Even realer ones use a suppressed usp.

Pit_Viper1
12-29-2011, 07:25 PM
The realest ones use map props

Rosie
12-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Pfffffffft Anex doesn't know what he is talking about, paras are for noobs. Reals men tube camp with the Mac10/Deagle.

Shit, TMP, and 228 is the way to go.

Steamer
12-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Shit, TMP, and 228 is the way to go.

That's what I'm talking about! All fucking day before physics glitch, still do it here and there.