PDA

View Full Version : How the fuck do i unban

CYBER
12-28-2011, 06:18 AM
Hi,
so i banned this guy for 99 minutes as a joke , more like a bet we made for getting owned by a nade, bcos i warned him that if he gets naded im banning him... he intentionally jumped on a dead guy's nade, so i stuck to my word , and i just fucking remembered that I actually dnt know how to unban someone with this new mod...
lesson learned not to joke ban someone -.-, sticking to just kicking lol
but if he posts smthn within 99 minutes, let him understand i did mean to unban him but cant figure it out -.- fml.
his name is krysta smthn
i tried this : SM_UNBAN STEAM_0:1:7329157
it didnt work.
sry, please and thank u ?:)

nightstrife
12-28-2011, 06:37 AM
You can change it on the ban list on the forums

CYBER
12-28-2011, 07:19 AM
thats the thing... i cant find him in my source shit... considering i checked just after i banned him...
this brings me to my next point. i noticed that whenever i ban someone it's not sticking. this happened with 2 hackers and CP sprayer since i got my admin back.
is there smthn wrong with whats happening?.. .do i have to ban via the menu? or does a console sm_ban guy time suffice? ....

I guess he isnt banned anymore if i cant find him... but i hope zero could take a look at my banning abilities... smthn is fucked up and i dnt want ppl slipping away bcos a ban aint sticking in source bans.

ZERO
12-28-2011, 12:39 PM
I would recommend to do via the menu as that is the safest way. It is possible for a ban to fail in the event of a database error or connection problem at the time of ban. It should return an error to you if this occurs. In that event you can always issue the ban on the web end to ensure it stays. :wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
12-28-2011, 01:55 PM
I would recommend to do via the menu as that is the safest way. It is possible for a ban to fail in the event of a database error or connection problem at the time of ban. It should return an error to you if this occurs. In that event you can always issue the ban on the web end to ensure it stays. :wtg:

i've checked the sourcebans thing. he hasn't had a ban on there in several days. it seems almost like it's just not working for him

CYBER
12-28-2011, 06:17 PM
thanks zero for the feedback,

and i want to bump aco's post.
I have done several bans since i came back.
And altho i used to be under a different forums name back in the day (my admin was under Cyber PWNER when i first bought it 2 years ago).
But as i became Cyber a week later, i didnt know how to change my forums name so i just made the CYBER account, used mainly for forums posts until last summer, under which my CURRENT admin should be now because i fixed the issue when i rejoined ibis.

That said, i checked both accounts on sourcebans just in case, and neither is returning bans, it's like any bans i've done are being overruled or there's a database problem when my name kicks in. It's ok for my previous bans since i was never wrong in banning someone, and all were increased to perma by uppers. But i wish the issue is addressed for future bans.

Keep in mind that when i issue a ban in game, i dont get a database error, on the contrary, the "reason" menu pops up, i input a reason, then the console output is somewhat like this;
<SM> banned Player <insert name> <insert steam id> for X minutes for <insert reason>.

So zero i dont want to add work to you, but can you please:
1- Delete my old Cyber PWNER account that is just a duplicate dummy of my real current account.
2- Check when you have time for any issues related specifically to MY admin ban powers?
3- if "I" banned a guy, and did sm_unban STEAM_ID, and its an ID that "I" banned, shouldnt i be allowed to unban him from console? or do i have to do it via web (which isnt showing anything for me...)

thanks, sry for the long message, addressing multiple issues at once, until then i will stick to banning ppl from menu and record my bans to see whats wrong.