PDA

View Full Version : Z20 Summit

anex
01-05-2012, 05:48 AM
How are you guys fairing with the rules? Are they working for you guys? Is there anything that you don't like or want to add?

Overall, is there anything that you guys would like to see happen in ZMOD?

If there isn't anything to change, I'll go through the rules thread later on tonight and clean it up and fix typos.

T3h tyrant
01-05-2012, 06:08 AM
I think zmod is fine although mostly every vote a ze is picked which can get annoying for the players on the server that don't like them. Also alot of the ze's and zm's are outdated and they have new versions of them. I'd say the only thing i would like changed is the ze to zm ratio not saying to get rid of the ze but maybe remove some of them and get the newer versions. :salute:

Meltdown
01-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Or make it so that after 2 ze's you have to play 2 zm before you can vote for ze again to balance things out.

Rosie
01-05-2012, 11:18 AM
The rules seem pretty clear. There is still some complaints that stem around the crouch spot 2 per rule. But it usually involves different kind of crouch spots.

Also i would love to have your input on this thread. http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/7920-Paradox-What-do

I believe that door can be opened outwards, but I am not sure.

Sinsanity
01-05-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm personally still waiting for the player force ztele to come back in effect. It was handy to have when enforcing the 2per tube rule and blockers without slaying anyone. Don't get me wrong I love slaying on good reason, but zteleing keeps people alive and the rage at a minimum.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-05-2012, 01:27 PM
yeah, i got one suggestion.

:ahem:

ANEX!!! WE WANT YOU BACK!!!!!!!! :sobs uncontrollably:

:slap!:

i'm ok.

B1ackOut
01-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Would it be possible to post something about illegal cades, just some you feel are illegal so that way every admin, new or old, knows exactly what places, even if its a starting list, are 100% illegal.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Would it be possible to post something about illegal cades, just some you feel are illegal so that way every admin, new or old, knows exactly what places, even if its a starting list, are 100% illegal.

it almost sounds like you're suggesting an illiegal cade section...

B1ackOut
01-05-2012, 01:46 PM
yes...yes.. i think i am. Too many times people make up their own. I know there is a thread about it somewhere, but i think something that we can ban people for should really be included with the official rules. Of course it doesnt have to be done right now, but more of a goal for the future.

Bane of Soldiers
01-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I think updating the illegal cade section would be nice... And also formatting the forum/subforums about the legality of spots
Some people get confused that everything here is illegal:
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/60-Illegal-Cading-Spots
Where it is really a "... section... to propose and state which cading spots are illegal and legal." Some people get it right away when I straighten them out, but there are some persistent ones who flat out ignore replies and tend to drag the newbies into their misguided ideas.

In regards to the "two per crouch spot" rule, it is rather hazy. It seems to be only called into effect when it suits an admin's needs. Two only in small areas, like a pipe, and free for all in large areas, in texashighschool and snoopie.

For the force ztele, I prefer that it doesnt come back. When you slay rule breakers, they have no choice but to ask why they were slayed and will be forced to read the reply. Timebomb works even better, as it gives them a chance to amend their actions so you can toggle the timebomb off. When you force ztele them, they will still be alive and running. Likely, they won't read any explanation of the rules nor will they ask. Either method will probably make a player bitch and whine, but slay/timebomb snaps it to their head fast.

Sinsanity
01-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Point taken, I guess when it comes down to it its gunna be the same result. Timebomb sounds fun I haven't done that for awhile.

Something else that bothers me is the humans zteleing. Two issues is:

A. They ztele, they said they were stuck, but you didn't see it to prove it. My only conclusion is sourcetv. Ban them but what-if they aren't even playing during the time I ban them?

B. When someone uses the ztele command in teamchat and I can't see it.

Conclusions?

anex
01-05-2012, 05:24 PM
@SinSanity - If they are offline once you discover they were lying, it would probably be good to setup a temp ban. It would still stick to his record and would help other admins make decisions quicker. I love the server warnings when previously banned players enter the server and try to bullshit me.

FORCE !ZTELE is NOT coming back. The only reason why we were able to do that in the first place is because we were able to execute cexec commands. But because we switched to SourceMod, they really don't have that feature like Mani did. I think if Zero really wanted to, he could give us cexec options but due to other events, I don't see that happening... ever.

.. Plus a slay is more effective at getting your point across.

The Illegal Cade section is something I will be working on soon. I've been wanting to get that thing up and running but have neglected it. I'll see what I can do on it this weekend.

I'll see what we can do about getting current versions of maps. However, I don't think we can change the ratio of ZM to ZE maps being played simultaniously.

Steamer
01-05-2012, 05:30 PM
2 per crouch rule really needs reworking. Area and map based. Requires a lot of attention and ya just cant slay everyone... Administrating the admins isn't so easy anymore also, as they routinely break the rule.

Also, hurry up and come play... lol.

anex
01-05-2012, 05:50 PM
2 per crouch rule really needs reworking. Area and map based. Requires a lot of attention and ya just cant slay everyone... Administrating the admins isn't so easy anymore also, as they routinely break the rule.

Also, hurry up and come play... lol.

I actually loathe that rule. It seems like it has created more headaches then there needs to be. Area and map based? Fuck that. If anything, we'll reword it and you guys can discern and apply it appropriatly.

As for the admins who keep breaking rules, its the players responsibility to report them because thats the only way we will find out of any wrong doings. SourceTv records everything. I would argue that it is easier regulating admins now that we have this feature.

I'm hurrying up as fast as I can. It's almost over. In hindsight, I probably should never have volunteered.

maynard
01-05-2012, 06:19 PM
we deff need you back. with rezel returning 2 his position of being a face on milk carts we need an active clan who games there again.

anex
01-05-2012, 06:27 PM
He is like that kid who always gets kidnapped every other week because he can't say no to strangers with candy...

Carmichal
01-05-2012, 07:47 PM
don't say that about rezel... he's not fat he's big boned

acolyte_to_jippity
01-05-2012, 09:27 PM
how about a clear rule about glitching teleporters by putting vendings/props on the teleport spot? i'm talking about places like on 4corners and penumbra

Srry72
01-05-2012, 09:42 PM
My only complaint is the ze/zm ratio in map votes. Most of the time its mostly ze and the regulars have to pretty much herd everyone else into picking a zm map. Also if you guys are gonna add more ze maps, can we get short ze maps like sorrento or mario escape. I'm tired of all these choke points where one noob can ruin it for the rest of us. The server will probably never learn teamwork. Unless its full of regulars I don't see teamwork ever being used in the maps.

Steamer
01-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Yea, it causes a lot more trouble than needed. Discerning and applying rules for the new and some of the old admins usually means to their own advantage. It is one pretty damn big headache, then again 20 fucks in a small crouch area is too. lol.

And that's Rezel for ya, know him for years, nothings new. :icon_mrgreen:

anex
01-06-2012, 05:20 AM
@Aco - Wait are you talking about putting glitching the teleports with soda machines so it stops functioning or talking about getting zombie stuck in the machines?

@Srry72 - I thought we still had Mario Escape. I don't think we will be adding more escape, if anything more cade maps. Thats pretty much how it has always been. Regulars herding the new people into playing maps they like.

@Steamer - Ya but its also so glorious when those 20 fucks meet a b-hop+crouch jumper or when the zombie spawns in the middle of them and then they all try to run and get away.. but they never do.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-06-2012, 11:48 AM
@Aco - Wait are you talking about putting glitching the teleports with soda machines so it stops functioning or talking about getting zombie stuck in the machines?

@Srry72 - I thought we still had Mario Escape. I don't think we will be adding more escape, if anything more cade maps. Thats pretty much how it has always been. Regulars herding the new people into playing maps they like.

@Steamer - Ya but its also so glorious when those 20 fucks meet a b-hop+crouch jumper or when the zombie spawns in the middle of them and then they all try to run and get away.. but they never do.

i'm talking about putting machines in the exit point to get zombies stuck

Sinsanity
01-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Friendly zombies..... please say i can slay on sight. Or at least after a warning. I'm tired of hearing "don't shoot, I'm friendly zombie" if they want to do it on like predator or mako most people would agree, I'm not saying I do, but not zm maps. Tag if you can. Last time I played a zombie game, they were never really friendly at all.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Friendly zombies..... please say i can slay on sight. Or at least after a warning. I'm tired of hearing "don't shoot, I'm friendly zombie" if they want to do it on like predator or mako most people would agree, I'm not saying I do, but not zm maps. Tag if you can. Last time I played a zombie game, they were never really friendly at all.

i think there's a difference between a blocking zombie, and one that just sits in the back of a cade and chills. if they're blocking, kick/slay immediately. but i normally don't care if they just hang out in there. as long as they don't help the zombies at all. now, what about having a zombie jump on your head and knifing them at people on high-up holdout spots?

Bane of Soldiers
01-06-2012, 04:00 PM
now, what about having a zombie jump on your head and knifing them at people on high-up holdout spots?

That.
Is fun as hell. :icon_mrgreen:

acolyte_to_jippity
01-06-2012, 05:24 PM
That.
Is fun as hell. :icon_mrgreen:

fuck yeah. i can aim alex extremely well nowadays

Steamer
01-06-2012, 06:32 PM
i think there's a difference between a blocking zombie, and one that just sits in the back of a cade and chills. if they're blocking, kick/slay immediately. but i normally don't care if they just hang out in there. as long as they don't help the zombies at all. now, what about having a zombie jump on your head and knifing them at people on high-up holdout spots?

They need to do their objective IMO, I do not care for friendly zombies. At one time, when shit was good in there, people would know to !ztele and fucking try, the only friendliness was the !ztele and not tagging your buds. We use to slay for that shit, now people get assrapehurt over everything.

@Anex - The wait for the idgits to get out the way to do so anymore is like the entire round.... lmfao.

anex
01-07-2012, 05:29 PM
@Aco - Thats not really considered glitching... it's the same principle as shooting a machine at a zombie to get him stuck. I have never had a problem with this. I know what you are talking about in 4corners and you can get a poison up there but you know how much I hate penumbra so I don't know what you are refereing to about with the teleport. However, if you wanted something from me about that issue, its a "IDGAF".

I have to agree with Steamer and Sinsanity. The zombies do have an objective to complete. Wanting to be friendly and sit in a corner is not right. Its really unfair to all the other players when someone in a cade got tagged fair and square but doesn't tag the rest of the group... esp when its the last group alive and the round end up draging on for 3 minutes.

You guy think that should be a rule? Something like,

Other - Zombies and Humans can not coexist. Zombies must tag no matter the circumstances

Also... does the MOTD in ZM still reflect the old rules?

TheFallen927
01-07-2012, 05:38 PM
The MOTD still reflects the old rules and i would agree with a rule about friendly zombies

Steamer
01-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Other - Zombies and Humans can not coexist. Zombies must tag or !ztele no matter the circumstances

This?

I remember times when I would get tagged on purpose just to freak out the other caders and then !ztele lol.

anex
01-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Hmm... would you get peoples opinion of that revised rule on the server for me? It doesn't seem like there are enough players that are taking part in this thread and I don't want to add it without having more people behind it.

Other - Zombies and Humans can not coexist. Zombies must tag or !ztele no matter the circumstances

Pit_Viper1
01-08-2012, 07:33 PM
I personally have no problem with friendly zombies so long as it isn't prolonging the round unnecessarily. If I turn in a cade or get tagged because of my own retardation I'm not going to attack my cademates unless they shoot me, but I'm also not going to prolong a round by blocking or doing something else to hamper the other zombies effort. 99% of the time if I am alpha I will !ztele and leave that cade for last.

Just my 2 cents.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-08-2012, 08:31 PM
meh, i also have no problem w/ friendly zombies. AS LONG as they're not blocking for the humans. But i love just chilling on top of zm_beach_panic w/ blackout or such.

Steamer
01-08-2012, 09:01 PM
zombiemod is getting really popular lately - i know cause its hard to get into the server

so i was thinking could we get a second zombiemod server? perhaps separate the servers into zombie escape and zombie survival.

Search function. Go shit up a different thread. Thanks.

@Anex : Will get more reviews. http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596958827195928173/398AB0A7630D725C04501030FE52D32E25B8F043/

B1ackOut
01-08-2012, 11:32 PM
I also see nothing wrong with simply sitting in a cade or holdout spot with humans as long as they are not hindering the progress of the other zombies trying to get the humans. I dont see why you should be forced to do something in such a casual mod as zombie. Yes if you are prolonging the game and stopping others from tagging the humans, then they should be forced to tag the humans. If there are other zombies looking for other humans, you are not doing anything wrong by simply waiting for the others to catch up with you.

Steamer
01-09-2012, 02:16 AM
It's not just that point, I get ya just want to chill with your buds or w/e. You people were new players once, most of the new ones I have talked to felt that it was pretty annoying seeing it and just throws them off of trying to break it as it shows a lack of respect for your team and failure at team work. At least try and motivate people to do shit, that is one reason ZM is steadily going downhill. A majority of the regs show no respect or want to help new players. If ya wanna be lazy and talk or chill or w/e do it in spawn or spectate. If your not gonna play, free the slot for someone who will.

Rosie
01-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Agreed, the trouble with the reg's sitting and watching is that they are the only ones experianced enough to break cades. No matter how many new players pull on a cade that needs to be pushed, they will not break it. I am generally not a friendly Zombie, unlesss I need to take a leak or something. Given if I turn into the Alpha in a cade I will ztele unless I am shot. Although if I built the cade and know that it is near immpossible to break I might rape the whole cade to start off with. (I.E. Panics basement whore spot.) If you turn you should attempt to do the objective. In both WCS, and Pub not doing the objective is a slayable offense, because you are prolonging the game.

B1ackOut
01-09-2012, 03:38 PM
It's not just that point, I get ya just want to chill with your buds or w/e. You people were new players once, most of the new ones I have talked to felt that it was pretty annoying seeing it and just throws them off of trying to break it as it shows a lack of respect for your team and failure at team work. At least try and motivate people to do shit, that is one reason ZM is steadily going downhill. A majority of the regs show no respect or want to help new players. If ya wanna be lazy and talk or chill or w/e do it in spawn or spectate. If your not gonna play, free the slot for someone who will.

Agreed, the trouble with the reg's sitting and watching is that they are the only ones experianced enough to break cades. No matter how many new players pull on a cade that needs to be pushed, they will not break it.

I never really thought of it from a new players perspective, and i have not had to think like that in a long time. I understand your opinion and kinda agree with it now, seeing the experienced zombies behind a cade kinda does seem unfair if they sit there and do nothing, especially if the human lets the zombie into the cade. Although it seems unnecessary to make this a rule,(unless they are sitting with the final humans or the only zombie) in all fairness friendly zombies should be toned down or stopped.

A majority of the regs show no respect or want to help new players.
I dont know who you asked but unless they are busy, almost all the regs and admins help the players who ask for advice, at least from what i have seen.

TheFallen927
01-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I always try to help new players when I'm not busy or afk.

Steamer
01-09-2012, 04:02 PM
@Blackout: That wasn't something I asked. It's just something I normally see when I do go in on a map that I like. I didnt say all, just most.

anex
01-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Right, I'll just .1 to the v2.2 rule set.

Alright, next topic! :wtg:

Only two people are allowed per vent opening

Do you guys care for this rule? If so, we can try to either rework it or leave it alone. I'm totally fine with leaving this under the definition of "vent" and not crouched enterance. I think the principle behind its creation was how its very similar to the two per tube rule. Usually anymore than two per enterance ends up with the same result as more than two in a tube.

I think admins are grasping at straws when they try to rule the "two per vent opening" as "two per crouched opening".

Steamer
01-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Vent and vent only is fine IMO. Some areas are ridiculous though, yet it has always been so. The good zombies can and will get the good players and if not, well kill the noobs and lose kills from decent players on your ridiculous spots. It is not an impossibility to tag the crowd under wider crouch area's. It is however nearly impossible at times to get great players under a deep crouched area (even 2 [GREAT PLAYERS!] in vents at times) with single body spaces. The spot in snoopie may have to be addressed some then again maybe not. Nowadays its boring with all the shottys and paras and most zombies avoid it anyway. Years ago people had enough respect to use anything but shotguns or paras and it was a great fun rape fest. The vents in labor gigantic of course might need an exemption.

Meltdown
01-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Yes new zombie players should be more encouraged at becoming a good zombie rather then being good human. The lack of good teamwork makes it sometimes to easy for humans to survive and to be honest if there would be good zombie squad with balanced zombie classes I think most of the hard to get spots will become much easier it just bit of experience and keep trying.

I love being a zombie but there no such thing that makes me more starter zombie and also I think the ranking favours people to be human to obtain more points then while being a zombie so people prefer to stay human and when there zombie they rather give up easily.

Pl@YwithM3
01-11-2012, 05:33 AM
hoi, i want in on this topic;

vent / crouch spots: anyone (i think) would agree that no more than 2 per tube is an obvious done deal, so next. in special cases such as snoopy or fubar ect, that "debate" is just a mess of bs. different admins have different opinions on how it should be, but the inevitable catch is that its damn near impossible to enforce it in the heat of the moment unless an admin feels like taking their sweet time to pay close attention and slay / scold each an every person who crawls in the space after 2 ppl. an even AFTER you do it, it will happen again. scenarios like those are (currently) impossible to maintain steadily, no matter what our ruling is on it. if you wanna try an edit the map an cut down the space in w.e crouch spot it is than that may be the best (only) solution. but in the end i agree with anex completely about those clusterfucked crouchspots; twice the pride, double the fall.

friendly zambies: im in favor i think its fun(ny) to have them. however i only agree to this as long as they arent dicking around and getting in the way, AND that when / if they are caded / hidden with the last remaining humans, that they immediatly tag or ztele out for obvious reasons. its just me but thats the policy ive always gone with an its done well thus far.

slaying / blowing up ppl who ignore admins / break a rule has always been a favorite punishment of mine, so yeah i dont think we need forced ztele back because it just doesnt send people the same message as when they get their asses blown up... but again... thats just me

along with B1ack0uts post, i agree we need a solid master list of legal and illegal cades so there isnt any bickoring or missunderstanding between admins. it just makes us look like idiots in the server when we do that. imo the most critical thing needing to be fixed on the server is how the admins enforce these rules and knowing that admins are enforcing them the RIGHT way and not just based off of a personal opinion. so ya we need a place where all admins can verify what is right and wrong and how to resolve it. or at least revise the one we already have.

teleporters / glitching doors: penumbra or even 4corners for example, i dont think it should be illegal cading teleport-wise. i mean between most the admins/regs, weve ALL proven that you can maneuver around those as a zombie. i mean theres even an abuse thread where bob missguidedly banned a kid for "cade breaking" that teleport spot in penumbra AS A ZOMBIE. so that right there is enough for my opinion on teleport cades. as for glitching doors on the other hand, we already know (i think?!) that its a no no. its just a matter of enforcing it. people do it all the time an its annoying, its just that admins arent paying attention and catching ppl in the act.

the zm/ze Pl@Ying ratio: yeah the rankwhores regs an most admins loathe ze maps, but its what makes all the noobs happy an what KEEPS THEM AROUND! without those obnoxious ze's, us regs can kiss our beloved noobs goodbye when / if we ever decide to make our server zm only, then nobody will wanna Pl@Y. you rankwhores wanna keep your stats goin up? than you can suck it up an sit in spec during ze's, or better yet grow a pair and actually partake. otherwise, no noobs for u, nuff said about that

as for the respect bit being spoken of: that really isnt something we can take charge of or enforce at all. manners an such yeah we can do that. but as for teamwork or zteleing out of a cade when you spawn as zombie, or helping a noob out.. thats just unmanagable. sure as admins we should be making sure everyone is enjoying themselves while they Pl@Y, but we cant make any of those above things manditory because theyre not rules. in the end its all about people as individuals and chosing whether or not we want to be nice to people in game.

o ya... one more thing. the admin panel is glitchy as fck more than often. so if possible, THATS somethin i wouldnt mind being fixed

thats all i got, idk ill post if i think of somethin else

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

!!!!DOUBLE POST ZOMG!!!!!

ghosting, that shit really pisses me off

o an ppl who wait in spec to intentionally spawn as a zambie just to up their stats, it ruins the game

k im done this time for real bye

Srry72
01-11-2012, 01:47 PM
o an ppl who wait in spec to intentionally spawn as a zambie just to up their stats, it ruins the game

That's been fixed. Either that or no one has done it in a while

Meltdown
01-11-2012, 02:20 PM
That's been fixed. Either that or no one has done it in a while

I see it being done quite many times, I speak to people about it to confront them but as for the rest I don't really care enough. It is silly to go to so much trouble for ranking. I mean what does the rank system mean if people use ways like this? Then people who really earned there way up are being out ranked because of such play style. I never liked this ranking system anyway since it doesn't show the actual best players it is just a side thing to keep people busy and happy the main game is still the zombie mod.

Steamer
01-11-2012, 07:22 PM
The admin panel thing seems like some sort of command lag. I can't pinpoint it and reconnecting a billion times till it stops seems to fix it for my session. It does it to me when voice stutters also. No clue, or maybe I just don't care enough to figure it out, seems server sided to me.

B1ackOut
01-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Are you talking about the admin menu lagging? All the menus in zombie mod lag, i don't know about the other servers. Could we fix this? It really is very annoying trying to nominate or punish rule breakers without regular characters in their name.

anex
01-12-2012, 05:37 PM
@Pl@Y - First off, Ghosting is already against the rules as it says here (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/495-Server-Rules-1.7). Also the two per vent opening rule only applies to vents. (Like in Gigantic) In instances like snoopie or fubar, the rule does not apply because those are instances of a crouched spot.

To not tag is undermining the zombie agenda. If someone in your cade gets tagged, then its game over for everyone in there. A friendly zombie can undermine the whole round because the whole infection process is a chain reaction and if that reaction stops then the game stops being fun.

As for the official list, I'm still working on getting that process up. It will be a little for me to get that area up and running like I have always planned, but over here I am consumed by work. However be rest assured that within the up comming months I will work on it but not as much as I would like. When I get back, I'll have so much pent up zm playing inside of me that I'll have that thing fully functional within a day. :)

and ya, I don't understand why everyone hates ZE maps ,(Q.Q,) <--- Not play Jurassic Park T(^.^T) <-----Playing Jurassic Park
They really arn't that bad its just people don't know how to play them right. They get mad because its too hard and they want to go back to making simple cades... and ya, rank whores. But I think as Das Fagermeister has already proven that rank whores like ZE maps as well...

@Blackout - Whenever the admin system is lagging for me, I always pull up status and write the command manually... if you can type fast than it is much faster as opposed to going through that hell we call the admin menu. For me, the menu has no problem comming up or navigating through when there arn't that many people in the server. It's when more people join when the menu seriously has lag issues.

@Srry72 - People should become zombies like anyone else does... by getting tagged. If you want to be turned, run to the zombies. I'll update the rules in the next day or two to reflect this idea. Seeing as this is one of the main culprits behind the massive ranking abuse.

While some of you may not care for the ranking system, it does create a spark of competition between new and old players that come into our server and to have people abuse like they have been is really disgrace. Therefore, I propose we have the ranking system reset so everyone will have to start from the bottom.

Steamer
01-12-2012, 05:48 PM
While some of you may not care for the ranking system, it does create a spark of competition between new and old players that come into our server and to have people abuse like they have been is really disgrace. Therefore, I propose we have the ranking system reset so everyone will have to start from the bottom.

Idk how the rank system has changed since 07-08, but it really seemed smooth and solid back then. I'm in full favor of a full ranking reset. I have been ranked 2 at one and stay around 50-60 now no matter how much I play. The whoreness nowadys is on a whole other level lol. We ranked up good while being good and having the max amount of fun years ago.

anex
01-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Idk how the rank system has changed since 07-08, but it really seemed smooth and solid back then. I'm in full favor of a full ranking reset. I have been ranked 2 at one and stay around 50-60 now no matter how much I play. The whoreness nowadys is on a whole other level lol. We ranked up good while being good and having the max amount of fun years ago.

True dat homes...

I don't... I don't know what you kids on the zm server say now a days.

Pl@YwithM3
01-12-2012, 06:16 PM
yay for lots of input! thankss anex :wtg:

ghosting is against teh rules an WE realise that, but ppl still do it all the time even without saying anything an the way they do it is WAY to obvious, (a person sayin out loud "hmm i wonder where xxxxx is hiding?" then going to spec to look) an as obvious as it is its not like we can call them out on it because how can it be proven? unless theyre like "OMG THATS WHERE UR HIDING" or something.. as out of reach as it may be to ask, i just wish there was a way to selectively dissable spectate, or make it so that you can only spectate Pl@Yers of the team you were just on

about the rank resetting... i think that could potentially be a devistating option >_> a lot of ppl do Pl@Y for rank an have worked hard (sometimes very cheaply) at getting to where they are now. so my thoughts are that those ppl would be like "fck this" an ragequit. i mean i personally dont give a shit. i was placed like 20~ish last month an now im like in the 130's ;z its all about who the person is an what they Pl@Y for. so if they really love the server than it wont effect them, but for others, they may just peace out for good

admin panel: idk how well it works on the other servers, but it lags like fck on zmod. its ESPECIALLY annoying when trying to make custom map votes (which i do quite often) or even regular map votes. the panel itself will just dissapear an reappear (if at all) after like 5-10 secs. i mean its not ALWAYS this way. it has its good nights too, but its bad nights outnumber it imo.

mic lag: idk about others, but for me the mic lag is terrible on some nights, even after restarting the server its just really skippy. some say they dont get it at all while others get it non-stop. any ideas/solutions for that?

an srry; chris young likes to do it once ina while.. :shhh:

Carmichal
01-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Who cares if they rage quit after a rank reset? I hate rank whores who get their rank though cheep tactics. Speaking of which if you do reset rank make sure you put an end to all their cheep tactics before you do it. That way they can't up their rank doing the same thing.

I'm sure people like that won't be missed much anyways.

Rosie
01-12-2012, 06:24 PM
I could give less than a shit about my rank. I spent the first 6 months playing b4 I realized there even was one. I am deffinately on board. I may have whored in the past but recently when I play it is just for fun again. Somehow I haven't fell out of the top10, although I think that I should have.

anex
01-12-2012, 06:31 PM
i just wish there was a way to selectively dissable spectate, or make it so that you can only spectate Pl@Yers of the team you were just on

I don't think that is ever going to happen :/

Steamer
01-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Speaking of which if you do reset rank make sure you put an end to all their cheep tactics before you do it. That way they can't up their rank doing the same thing.

This! Reset is useless without settling the prior problems. Zspawn fix [disable it] alone will fix 2 problems if not more(spectating spawn["ghost"] and zombie only tag whoring somewhat).

Bane of Soldiers
01-13-2012, 08:19 PM
I'd be fine if the rank system gets reset, but I'm wondering if it would do any good. To me it seems that the only thing you guys will get out of it would be self gratification for wiping away the work of all rank whores. But even if you do so, and take away the exploits they used to climb the system, there's a chance that you'll make the situation worse. A good number of rank whores feel "fed" at the moment and are quite content to not play aggressively. But all rank whores, dormant or not, are always seeking to improve their KDR. By cleaning the stats, you'll give reason for all rank whores to actively pursue a new and improved k/d ratio. A server full of active rank whores would be disruptively abusive on the zombies. Rank whores will always be present, and they'll continue on whoring. Even though they might not be as great as their current rank tells, these players do have a considerable amount of skill to easily decimate and scale the ranks. And there's always the possibility that they will find new exploits to replace their tools. Just my :twocents: :shrug:

Pl@YwithM3
01-14-2012, 02:11 PM
I'd be fine if the rank system gets reset, but I'm wondering if it would do any good. To me it seems that the only thing you guys will get out of it would be self gratification for wiping away the work of all rank whores. But even if you do so, and take away the exploits they used to climb the system, there's a chance that you'll make the situation worse. A good number of rank whores feel "fed" at the moment and are quite content to not play aggressively. But all rank whores, dormant or not, are always seeking to improve their KDR. By cleaning the stats, you'll give reason for all rank whores to actively pursue a new and improved k/d ratio. A server full of active rank whores would be disruptively abusive on the zombies. Rank whores will always be present, and they'll continue on whoring. Even though they might not be as great as their current rank tells, these players do have a considerable amount of skill to easily decimate and scale the ranks. And there's always the possibility that they will find new exploits to replace their tools.

^ THIS!!!!!!

some people (ive personally heard) would actually prefer to have their stats reset so that they can have a fresh start as a "more experienced" Pl@Yer rather than as the total noob they were initially where they probly had no idea stats even existed an didnt care about rank. so ya i second bane's money input :icon_mrgreen:

Meltdown
01-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Why not remove the whole rank thing if it makes people play so much differently when they start noticing it is there.

Pl@YwithM3
01-15-2012, 11:35 PM
cus then those ppl will have "nothing to Pl@Y for" an it all becomes meaningless to them.. no sense of competition, or something... :headache:

Meltdown
01-16-2012, 05:53 AM
cus then those ppl will have "nothing to Pl@Y for" an it all becomes meaningless to them.. no sense of competition, or something... :headache:

Well it is more for show of then for competition, maybe it is an idea to reset the ranks every 6 months, for competition sake it wouldn't be so bad see it like a new soccer season only the truly rank whore's will complain because they spend zillion time on it and have to start over.

TheFallen927
01-16-2012, 10:33 AM
If the ranks were reset it would not bother me at all even though I play for rank I try to have fun at the same time.

Wuman
01-16-2012, 11:14 AM
If the ranks were reset it would not bother me at all even though I play for rank I try to have fun at the same time.

Completely Agree. Also agree with Bane about finding loopholes in rules. Makes me want to rank whore it up whilst having fun

Meltdown
01-16-2012, 02:10 PM
It doesn't really bother me that there are rank whores but when it starts to infect the game play then it starts bother me. And tbh the game play on the zombie server is not harmed much except for couple of maps wich offer hardcore rank whoring like Little Town which everyone hate but always when it comes up people vote for it simply because of the easy points it generates. And so we play maps we basic don't like but we have to play it because some people want more shiny skill points and that is what I mean with infecting the game play, instead of wasting our time on such a crap map we could have played an awesome map instead.

TheFallen927
01-16-2012, 04:57 PM
So playing fail escape maps is not wasting our time?

Meltdown
01-16-2012, 05:03 PM
So playing fail escape maps is not wasting our time?

That is not what I said, For me every map that is not working good should be either edited or removed. But those maps that encourage rank whoring should be removed just because people vote for it because of that reason. I would defiantly like to see some map changes since as you point out some escape maps fail utterly but there also allot of zm maps who fail too. I just want to play good maps any map who are crap should just be removed or edited if there fixes which make them good after.

B1ackOut
01-16-2012, 06:19 PM
That is not what I said, For me every map that is not working good should be either edited or removed. But those maps that encourage rank whoring should be removed just because people vote for it because of that reason. I would defiantly like to see some map changes since as you point out some escape maps fail utterly but there also allot of zm maps who fail too. I just want to play good maps any map who are crap should just be removed or edited if there fixes which make them good after.

Little town is honestly the only "rank whore" map, and that is just because of the several, very easy to make, hard to break barricades. People also vote maps for more than the reason to rank up. Maps people vote for constantly are either, great sounding maps with interesting titles, or generally good maps.

Desert fortress and Churchofmint are two very good examples of this. They are both very good classic maps that people who have played zm for years enjoy to play. However they have a few easy to make, hard to break cades.

I also think we should go through and remove some maps that are horrendous and somehow fill the map votes way to often. Saying that, there are several underplayed maps that are good and should still be included in the rotation.

anex
01-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Ok, So I am about to update the rules to 2.3 which will be dedicated soley to closing up loop holes before we go about with the reset. Fallen has brought up the fact that people are disconnecting and rejoining to abuse the zspawn process to continually play as a zombie. So to remedy this I have come up with this:

A player may not, by any means, bypass the tagging process to continually play as a zombie.

Can you guys think of any other loop holes that need to be closed?

Sorry for the late reply... i almost finished season one of Rome T(^.^T)

maynard
01-16-2012, 07:24 PM
fighting sand people by day, saving ZM by night... what a guy:wtg:

Meltdown
01-17-2012, 02:12 AM
Ok, So I am about to update the rules to 2.3 which will be dedicated soley to closing up loop holes before we go about with the reset. Fallen has brought up the fact that people are disconnecting and rejoining to abuse the zspawn process to continually play as a zombie. So to remedy this I have come up with this:

A player may not, by any means, bypass the tagging process to continually play as a zombie.

Can you guys think of any other loop holes that need to be closed?

Sorry for the late reply... i almost finished season one of Rome T(^.^T)

Yes this will solve the end round !spectate round start > first zombie spawn > 6 extra zombie spawns from spec thing.

Rosie
01-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Just for clarifacation, if they die as a Zombie can they then join spectate? They would not have bypassed the tagging process and could simply join spec from the dead team. I am just thinking that this would cause a argument.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Just for clarifacation, if they die as a Zombie can they then join spectate? They would not have bypassed the tagging process and could simply join spec from the dead team. I am just thinking that this would cause a argument.

if they spawn the next round as a zombie, then that's not allowed.

admin's discretion on a case-by-case basis

anex
01-17-2012, 04:54 PM
As Aco said. If they do that with the sole purpose of joining as a zombie the next round, then that will be against the rules since it will be avoiding the tagging process.

However, say that individual had a phone call, went to the bathroom, or had to answer the door and came back a few moments later, that is completely different.

Bane of Soldiers
01-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Just a thought, would it be easier to limit the amount of team changes a player can do? From where things stand, wouldn't it be kinda awkward explaining to newcomers as to why they will get punished for... scratch that. New players wouldn't be so sharp as to abuse the natural cycle to skyrocket their rank.

I kinda have a question in my case... I sometimes pop into the server for i dunno, short periods of time, like 10-40 minutes, depending on how laggy I am and how long I can tolerate it. People who know me see my normally >100 ping shoot up to 300 and then scale up toward 800... I think this is stretching it, but I want to clarify this in case some crazy person pours punishment on me when I connect and spawn 3 or 4 hours later..... o.O

Steamer
01-17-2012, 05:21 PM
I want to clarify this in case some crazy person pours punishment on me when I connect and spawn 3 or 4 hours later..... o.O

Ima bant u.

Server was better in the past without !zspawn... You know this Anex... Removing it all-together will clear even more loopholes.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Ima bant u.

Server was better in the past without !zspawn... You know this Anex... Removing it all-together will clear even more loopholes.

honestly i'd agree. they wouldn't spawn late in a regular game, they shouldn't in zm

TheFallen927
01-26-2012, 03:52 PM
I think all perma banned players should have the stats reset and 2 of those are in the top 10.

Pl@YwithM3
01-26-2012, 04:26 PM
seeing as how theyre already permabanned, wont their lack of activity level automatically remove them from the list soon anyways? (not trying 2 deprive you of getting your inevitable #1 placed rank when chris is off the list, jus sayin)

side note: can we make it so that alltalk is automatically turned on at the start of new maps? honestly.. theres really no sense in having to turn it on every mapchange and ive personally never been in the server when it was ever intentionally off. not to mention theres not always an admin in the server to turn it on for the ppl who are in there already soo..... ya

and for the love of god can we PLEASE get rid of zm_little_town already?! the removal thread on it has more than enough reasons why it should be taken off, an there arent many (if any at all) opposed to the idea

TheFallen927
01-26-2012, 04:33 PM
I agree with getting little town removed also alltalk should be on automatically like in wcs. The perma banned players prevent the top10 from becoming easier to get into and hall can still keep his rank while attempting to connect and nobody would pass him soon.

Rosie
01-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Even when Perma banned if they attempt to connect they keep there rank. The server does not allow them to join the game, but there activity level is reset when they attempt.

TheFallen927
01-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Even when Perma banned if they attempt to connect they keep there rank. The server does not allow them to join the game, but there activity level is reset when they attempt.
This is why reseting them would give them no reason to try connecting

T3h tyrant
01-26-2012, 05:09 PM
I think the two banned people on the top10 should be removed because they are no longer in this gaming community. I also think that someone needs to fix how laggy the mics sound. :banghead:

Pl@YwithM3
01-26-2012, 05:12 PM
thats true :wtg:

speaking of resetting, if / when the zm stats are reset, its only going to be resetting ranks right? and not individual weapon stats an stuff, otherwise shits gonna hit the fan... :banghead:

TheFallen927
01-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Sometimes the mic lag can be fixed by restarting css if not the server will need to be restarted because the admin menu lags when the mics are lagging

Steamer
01-26-2012, 05:39 PM
thats true :wtg:

speaking of resetting, if / when the zm stats are reset, its only going to be resetting ranks right? and not individual weapon stats an stuff, otherwise shits gonna hit the fan... :banghead:
Weapon stats would be gone.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Sometimes the mic lag can be fixed by restarting css if not the server will need to be restarted because the admin menu lags when the mics are lagging

I fix it by reconnecting. I notice when mine does the lag thing, there is an unusual amount of loss and choke until I re-connect enough for it to stop. No idea.

Srry72
01-26-2012, 06:32 PM
That's ok. I've wanted a chance to beat Pl@y as the shotty whore :D

T3h tyrant
01-26-2012, 06:40 PM
disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't always fix the mic lag and its just a pain in the ass to keep having to do that or restart the server.

Pl@YwithM3
01-26-2012, 08:12 PM
"Srry72

That's ok. I've wanted a chance to beat Pl@y as the shotty whore "

notta chance :smirk:

TheFallen927
01-27-2012, 02:48 AM
Srry should try to get more dualies kills than me.

Meltdown
01-27-2012, 08:05 AM

Agreed 100% to this, people who keep trying to connect are only frustrating the connection anyway, people who are banned should be removed from the list we don't want bunch of cheaters and hackers in there anyway.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Agreed 100% to this, people who keep trying to connect are only frustrating the connection anyway, people who are banned should be removed from the list we don't want bunch of cheaters and hackers in there anyway.

Srry72
01-27-2012, 01:20 PM
@ Pl@y and fallen

Its ok I'll take you both on

TheFallen927
01-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Lies srry

Pl@YwithM3
01-27-2012, 03:15 PM
big lies :reddot:

anex
01-27-2012, 05:35 PM

Ya I have to agree. So:

1. Remove !zspawn
2. Reset rank
3. No matter what Pl@YwithM3's shotgun stats will always be zero

I'll talk to him about this

TheFallen927
01-27-2012, 05:47 PM
When the ranks are reset the kdr whoring will begin and
This will lead to more rank whores. :icon_mrgreen:

Steamer
01-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Ya I have to agree. So:

1. Remove !zspawn
2. Reset rank
3. No matter what Pl@YwithM3's shotgun stats will always be zero

I'll talk to him about this

/Agreed.

Pl@YwithM3
01-28-2012, 01:49 PM
anex u cock sucker </3 ur just jelly because i have the most kills with a single weapon on the entire server :p

i see how it is.. :\

TheFallen927
01-28-2012, 02:04 PM
You should try to get your nade kills above 100.:icon_mrgreen:

alex_mamaroneck
01-28-2012, 02:50 PM
How are you guys fairing with the rules? Are they working for you guys? Is there anything that you don't like or want to add?

If there isn't anything to change, I'll go through the rules thread later on tonight and clean it up and fix typos.

We should default the rules back to the way it was when i first played (motd - rules). Back to when Anex got his first Tri-cycle :wtg:
So many rules, so many to remember.

Leave the stats ALONE. There are players, who don't cheat, work very hard to earn their rank, James should have kept his rank.
Ask yourself: how would you feel if Zero reset the rankings after working so hard to be in frist place? or How would you feel if you work so hard u get in first place and all of a sudden u have a jealous clan member request that all stats are resetted? i'm not gonna say that jealous clan's name but his name is Walter? =P
Ridiculous.

Bring back the NIGHT VISION GOGGLES, AND PLEASE BRING BACK THAT BACKROUND MUSIC WHEN HUMANS ARE BEING CHASED BY A ZOMBIE.

T3h tyrant
01-28-2012, 03:40 PM
We should default the rules back to the way it was when i first played (motd - rules). Back to when Anex got his first Tri-cycle :wtg:

Leave the stats ALONE. There are players, who don't cheat, work very hard to earn their rank, James should have kept his rank.
Ask yourself: how would you feel if Zero reset the rankings after working so hard to be in frist place? or How would you feel if you work so hard u get in first place and all of a sudden u have a jealous clan member request that all stats are resetted? i'm not gonna say that jealous clan's name but his name is Walter? =P
Ridiculous.

Bring back the NIGHT VISION GOGGLES, AND PLEASE BRING BACK THAT BACKROUND MUSIC WHEN HUMANS ARE BEING CHASED BY A ZOMBIE.

100% agree with this

TheFallen927
01-28-2012, 03:45 PM

Ridiculous.

I agree with this statement but i still think there are some people who need to be reset

T3h tyrant
01-28-2012, 03:47 PM
I agree with this statement but i still think there are some people who need to be reset

Only the people who are banned should have their stats reset no one else. People have worked there asses off to be where they are in stats in the server and it wouldnt be fair to just wipe out all that time and effort.

alex_mamaroneck
01-28-2012, 03:57 PM

And another thing ANEX. Does IBIS have a growing tumor? this UPPER class admins confuses me. they should not be admins but clans if they have more priveledges than me. its hard to find an upper level admin especially i want to contact them to make a vote. so there should be:

1) owners
2) clans
3) admins
4) members
5) players & noobs

its just my opinion.

TheFallen927
01-28-2012, 05:36 PM
You know i disagree with a stats reset for people who put alot of time into getting their stats xD.

Bane of Soldiers
01-28-2012, 07:17 PM
I disagree on the background music as a representative for the laggers on the server. Plus some people (not me) like to listen to music when they play. Plus it makes it harder hearing people over the mics

ULA, I believe, are only to exert their privileges over other admins to make sure they're doing their job although they do in other extenuating circumstances (friendly jokes). Also responsible for reviewing permabans. I don't see why you need them to make a vote....?

anex
01-28-2012, 07:27 PM

Ridiculous.

There arn't that many fucking rules to remember. Do you have trouble remembering console commands too? Almost, if not all, of the ZM rules are common fucking sense. It's not like we are asking you to memorize "Go Dog Go".

I thought people were onboard with the idea of reseting the rank. I suggested it because I thought it would be nice for all players to start from scratch once a year. I'll drop the idea. But !zspawn will hopefully get approved for removal.

Why were NVGs taken away in the first place? I don't remember. If there wasn't a valid reason for it getting taken away, I don't see why you shouldn't get the option back.

And another thing ANEX. Does IBIS have a growing tumor? this UPPER class admins confuses me. they should not be admins but clans if they have more priveledges than me.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/7043-Upper-Level-Admin

Also, what the fuck is your problem?

maynard
01-28-2012, 07:34 PM
upper lvl admins don't get power over regular admins for map changes or any of that. the only thing upper lvl admin is, is the ability 2 vote and make calls in the perma ban/requests section and they do have the ability 2 ban standard admins and or use any commands on them.. which is 2 only be used if an admin has basically snapped.

upper lvl admins have 2 fight for senior admin just like the rest of you

it's incredibly simple.. not sure how it confuses yourself..

acolyte_to_jippity
01-28-2012, 08:23 PM
How would you feel if you work so hard u get in first place and all of a sudden u have a jealous clan member request that all stats are resetted? i'm not gonna say that jealous clan's name but his name is Walter? =P

ummm...you know that:

1) walter was banned years ago
2) he was never clan

alex_mamaroneck
01-28-2012, 09:24 PM
many fucking rules to remember..... are common fucking sense......Also, what the fuck is your problem?

What is your problem bro? I'm just telling you my opinion. No need to curse. But u got my answer and i got mine already. relax

@maynard: i was trying to find out who are all upper admins and their extra privelidges. just found out.

@ acolyte_to_jippity: sadly the whole time i thought he was.

Steamer
01-29-2012, 01:32 AM
We should default the rules back to the way it was when i first played (motd - rules).
Thing is, that was never how it was. Just the basic rules listed with a link to forums.

sadly the whole time i thought he was.
That is sad.

I thought people were onboard with the idea of reseting the rank. I suggested it because I thought it would be nice for all players to start from scratch once a year. I'll drop the idea.
I still agree and think It's a great idea(yearly or bi-yearly). This will also give other players a chance to top out current top 10 players. If they are really as good as they think they are, they will have zero problem making it there again if they wanted.

T3h tyrant
01-29-2012, 01:58 AM
I still agree and think It's a great idea(yearly or bi-yearly). This will also give other players a chance to top out current top 10 players. If they are really as good as they think they are, they will have zero problem making it there again if they wanted.

Okay you have your own opinion and i'm not saying you're wrong but a lot of people on top10 worked their asses off to get that rank but not only for rank but for most kills with a weapon and it would be unfair to everyone on it for it to be wiped out after the countless hours trying to achieve it. And for you saying it gives other players a chance to get top10 honestly anyone can still get on top10 if they tried just most people dont care for it so why bother resetting it?

Pl@YwithM3
01-29-2012, 03:04 AM
u wouldnt hear the end of it if u took away mah shotty killz :reddot:

JUST SAYIN....

Pl@YwithM3
01-29-2012, 01:04 PM
i have one more request to add to the "fix list" on zmod: PLEASE for the love of god, set it so that when a Pl@Yer either dies or moves themselves to spectate, they are ONLY able to spectate Pl@Yers from the team they were previously on. it will undoubtidly help in putting a stop to our god aweful ghosting problem. i was told this was possible many times. please do this

o an make zm_little_town gtfo

Steamer
01-29-2012, 01:28 PM
honestly anyone can still get on top10 if they tried just most people dont care for it so why bother resetting it?

This is true to a point... I've ranked 2 at one time. Some people are just so far ahead it would be difficult even if someone did try to top at least the top 3.

Also, Play, removing zspawn will fix most the ghosting problem.... :icon_mrgreen:

The problem with setting the view thing is that it will hinder the admins job in doing things they are suppose to...

T3h tyrant
01-29-2012, 04:00 PM
This is true to a point... I've ranked 2 at one time. Some people are just so far ahead it would be difficult even if someone did try to top at least the top 3.
This is 100% true considering im 4th and i know for a fact i cant pass hallwagner anytime soon.. but if anything it makes me try harder to get passed him lol :smirk: but i do agree with what you're saying it is extremely hard to get top3 thats why i want hallwagner removed from the top10 to give more chances to people and since chrisyoung is VACbanned that now gives some people the chance to get top10 even 3 maybe.

alex_mamaroneck
01-29-2012, 05:28 PM
thats why i want hallwagner removed from the top10 to give more chances to people and since chrisyoung is VACbanned that now gives some people the chance to get top10 even 3 maybe.

Well, Hallwagner never hacked to get in to the top3. I don't think he knows how to hack. Foul mouth? Absolutely. Goes by the rules? of course (except that he doesn't know when to shutup which is why he got banned). However, He always lets me know if there is a player breaking the rules so i can punish. I know for a fact Hallwagner worked his ass off to make it somewhere in the top 3. Now if Hallwagner was hacking to get to the top, then yes his rank should be reseted.
Now Chris was convicted of hacking and got VAC banned for it. I feel that if his ban had something to do with him hacking in one of the IBIS servers, then yes his rank should be reseted.
I say remove chris from the ranks "IF" he was hacking in IBIS, but leave Hallwagner there.

Rosie
01-29-2012, 06:00 PM
I think the a yearly wipe would be a good thing for the server. Does it really matter what rank you are? Type in top10, take a screenshot, and put it on your Steam profile. The explosion of skill points that happened because of the lack of Zspawn really made the rank system crap. I saw Venomous chase James for months, with scores that were stupid good, and then Chris, and Hal ran him down in a few weeks. I think I am still in the top10, and as one of the 10 I say wipe them clean. If you did a yearly wipe you could even have a reward for the top player at the end of the year. (IE Admin/reserved slaot for a month.)
As far as Chris's Vac ban, we need to find out what it was for. He has another account and is playing on the server under the name Zico. If he was found to be hacking in CSS, he should be dealt with as others have. This isn't a shot at Chris, but rules are rules.

anex
01-29-2012, 06:18 PM
What is your problem bro? I'm just telling you my opinion. No need to curse. But u got my answer and i got mine already. relax

@maynard: i was trying to find out who are all upper admins and their extra privelidges. just found out.

I curse all the time... I'll talk to you for the rest of this post as I talk irl.

Your posts came off as fuckin condecending. It seemed like you were trying to be an ass and it fuckin pissed me off. If that was not your intention then I fuckin apologize. I'm pretty fuckin stressed and my nerves are fuckin shot and with shit at work I hold a lot of anger and shit. It's hard to stay acting nice without blowing some steam. I dont' really have a fuckin outlet here so I think my mind was looking at a way to relieve that shit so I read/took everything wrong. Also, why the fuck did you edit that quote like that? I think Zero took out the background music because it was laggin up the server an shit. I mean, you know, I could fuckin ask about it but I don't think that shit is going to be reinstated.

Ok, I just submitted these issues to Zero.

Ok, so I think I have what is a healthy discussion of how people are faring with ZM.
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/7956-Z20-Summit
Here are the main highlights:

1. Disable the !zspawn system (It has caused more problems than helped)
2. Reset the ranks for Chris Young (Whose account is now vac banned, hacking occured on a different non-ibis server by Chris's friend) and Hallwagner (permabanned from server)
3. ZE to ZM map ratio (I don't know if you can do anything about that)
4. There is a real problem with people ghosting (using spectate to find out where people are). Is there anyway we can make it so that all players besides admins are forced to spectate the zombies and disable free roam?
5. Remove zm_little_town
6. Enable nightvision
7. Background music when being chased by a zombie. (If thats something you want to reinstate)

Ok, Hallwagner abused the rank system. He did not work hard at all for it. This is how he got his rank.

Sits in spec until zombie spawns, zspawns to play as zombie, tags as many people as he can, uses suicide command before any one kills him. Repeat. The amount of rank points he was losing by suiciding was nothing compared the rank points he was gaining.

Thats all he did and frankly, I don't believe the top 3 earned those spots at all. 18K+ skill points? Thats the biggest load of bullshit.

Infact, I was going to wait for that rank reset thing, but I am going to update the rules to include making it illegal to abuse the zspawn system until hopefully Zero removes it.

Rosie
01-29-2012, 06:39 PM
I curse all the time... I'll talk to you for the rest of this post as I talk irl.

I'm pretty fuckin stressed and my nerves are fuckin shot and with shit at work I hold a lot of anger and shit. It's hard to stay acting nice without blowing some steam. I dont' really have a fuckin outlet here so I think my mind was looking at a way to relieve that shit so I read/took everything wrong.

If you need anything let me know your APO address. As a Vet, I can send you the shit normal people don't. (mmmm Rum cake)

TheFallen927
01-30-2012, 02:04 AM
You know you can gain over 200skill from Cade maps right? Also over a 12 hour run of good Cade maps I have gained over 400 skill and the most I have ever got in 1 cade map is 164 so gaining it is possible. Playing great cade maps for a long time was how i got past most of the top 10 apart from hall.

Steamer
01-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Playing zombie only and doing the teamswitch bs on escape bumped the rest for people. Stats show plenty if people can read them right. Some things in players stats are just odd.

TheFallen927
01-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Escape maps can be very fun.

Steamer
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
So can banning people for stat manipulation.

TheFallen927
01-30-2012, 03:24 PM
So would you call gaining 164 skill from 1 cade map legit?

Steamer
01-30-2012, 03:37 PM
On a cade map that can be legit. :wtg:

anex
02-24-2012, 03:30 PM
All the items have been reviewed and will be implemented individually between now and the end of next month.