PDA

View Full Version : Levels reset

Blackmage
01-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Multiple players have requested to have their levels reset to 0, for one reason or another. Is there any way to have this done for them, or do they just have to wait however long it is before they are wiped from the database?

acolyte_to_jippity
01-17-2012, 08:04 PM
they should probably post. not sure if zero can/will do so, but it'd probably go better if they themselves ask

HypeRNT
01-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Multiple players have requested to have their levels reset to 0, for one reason or another. Is there any way to have this done for them, or do they just have to wait however long it is before they are wiped from the database?

Ive kind of made a thread with a little similar topic about stat reset if this is what you are asking. And i was told it wont ever happen unless a major update happened

emTr0
01-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Ive kind of made a thread with a little similar topic about stat reset if this is what you are asking. And i was told it wont ever happen unless a major update happened

Not stats, race levels. As in perma-resetskills. Stop trying to get your rank up. :smirk:

ZERO
01-20-2012, 01:56 PM
IF any given players rank was to be reset manually I would also delete their rank stats. :smirk:

I do believe there is a command for this but it is not something I would like to mess around with. Lets say the system messes up and deletes all players that contain that name in their name or something. It is just not something that I believe is safe to be messing around with.

maynard
01-20-2012, 06:54 PM
agreed. this isn't call of duty where you prestige and start over again lol. just inform people how there's more races on the way, that should make them happy.

Fish
01-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Considering I busted my butt to max all the races, I for one would not like the stats reset. If new people dont like how they are getting owned, do what most of us had to do. Bust your ass and level your races.

maynard
01-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Considering I busted my butt to max all the races, I for one would not like the stats reset. If new people dont like how they are getting owned, do what most of us had to do. Bust your ass and level your races.

you should read the thread before commenting... this was never about resetting all the lvls for every 1.. it was about certain people who have maxed, and are bored, so want 2 re-lvl.

Fish
01-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Now that I REread it, I see what your saying. Possibly the OP should have worded his post better? *shrugs* Thanks for keeping the "Im better then you" attitude though. :wtg:

Steamer
01-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Damnit fish! :icon_mrgreen:

Blackmage
01-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Er, you mean like being against server-wide resets[1] (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/7888-Rank-Reset-XP?p=122598#post122598), saying that people wanted their levels, not THE levels, reset, asking a question that implied it was only for them, and my solution for them being one that only would cause them to lose their levels?

In other words, what part is poorly worded?

CYBER
01-30-2012, 06:15 PM
im just dazed and confused as to why would someone want to reset their levels ?...
Is there any reason other than boredom and replaying their own levels?
Because the way I see it is that, it;s possibly bcos someone wants to get better stat ranks on wcs.
If they are low lv and kill someone higher level, they get more xp. no? Currently if they are maxed races, they only get tiny xp amount on stats... but by constantly resetting their levels, they can rank easier on stats, this is why the objection to "Deleting ALL the stats, rank included"...

I have personally busted my ass out trying to level my shit, and after a few months away, more races opened up... and I still have more to go... Keep in mind there will always be new races!! just hang in there ...and also, i agree with zero, we simply cant afford such risk for everyone's stats because of some whiny few... If my stats and levels were all deleted, i might never play again out of desperation...

Blackmage
01-30-2012, 09:06 PM
I believe the reasoning was something along the lines of, "I've leveled all the races I want maxed, but it's not as much fun to play maxed races as it was maxing them".

Rebirth
01-30-2012, 09:49 PM
some people just dont like playing maxed races, and once a race is maxed, all the fun of that race growing and improving is gone, so you never play it again. then again, some people just sit on their maxed human/spidey/vaga and have fun with that, so everyone is different

bloodwolfe
02-07-2012, 08:20 PM
I don't mind if there was an option in the WCS to allow you to do this, with 2 warnings about it once you proceed to do so.

CYBER
02-08-2012, 09:13 AM
actually... instead of removing all the levels permanently...
how about if there was a way that you can transfer levels, like skillpoints, to a Race-levelbank, or skillbank or wtvr... and store them there...
this way the race "looks" new, with no points on, and whenever someone levels it, instead of being awarded a point out of no where, all it does is that it transfers a level from the safe levelbank back to the race, as a level up...
this way we can avoid any permanent damage... and if for example i feel like leveling vaga all over again today... but 4 days later im forced to play my strongest race because of a competition... all i have to do is transfer my levels from my bank back to the that race's levels, or as many as i need... this way it allows people to do wtvr they want with their races until further races show up...

acolyte_to_jippity
02-08-2012, 09:44 AM
actually... instead of removing all the levels permanently...
how about if there was a way that you can transfer levels, like skillpoints, to a Race-levelbank, or skillbank or wtvr... and store them there...
this way the race "looks" new, with no points on, and whenever someone levels it, instead of being awarded a point out of no where, all it does is that it transfers a level from the safe levelbank back to the race, as a level up...
this way we can avoid any permanent damage... and if for example i feel like leveling vaga all over again today... but 4 days later im forced to play my strongest race because of a competition... all i have to do is transfer my levels from my bank back to the that race's levels, or as many as i need... this way it allows people to do wtvr they want with their races until further races show up...

or, to make things easier, just say "no, you can't reset your levels."

CYBER
02-08-2012, 09:56 AM
...I already did above... apparently no one gives a fuck, so im just stating a possible solution , better than what people are requesting...

Rosie
02-08-2012, 03:25 PM
How about if you want your shit reset you type "resetskills" in and take them to 0. Then after a round or 2 add a point. a few rounds later add another. You can reset your own skills and enjoy playing again. Then if you get tired of that, put all your points back in and play maxed.

maynard
02-08-2012, 06:48 PM
lol you guys blind or something?

I do believe there is a command for this but it is not something I would like to mess around with. Lets say the system messes up and deletes all players that contain that name in their name or something. It is just not something that I believe is safe to be messing around with.

-end