PDA

View Full Version : Is this considering scripting?

CYBER
01-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Hey, so i was trying to find a bind that allows me to use my mousewheel better than normal. and i came across this:

http://www.gamebanana.com/tuts/2657

and i used its pattern to create the following bind, but havent activated yet...
I was thinking of binding my ALT key so that i can toggle my mouse wheel function between playing on gungame where i try to learn to bhop when bored and playing on wcs where i use it for abilitites... without having to type this shit constantly every time...

alias wcs "bind mwheeldown +activate; bind mouse3 +activate1; cl_interp 0.03; bind ALT gg" alias gg "bind mwheeldown +jump; cl_interp 0.03; bind ALT wcs"
bind "ALT" "wcs"

so im assuming this is legal right? (yes i know, i sound stupid, but i never bothered working with the console with auto keys...

Jiggy
01-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Its a script and it would probably get people Banned For having Bhoping scripts

CYBER
01-22-2012, 12:50 AM
seriously? bcos i was looking at it and i would have sworn it's simply a toggle for your keyboard settings...

brett friggin favre
01-22-2012, 12:58 AM
seriously? bcos i was looking at it and i would have sworn it's simply a toggle for your keyboard settings...

that keyboard thing isn't scripting but if you use your mousewheel to bhop i do believe that's bhop scripting, someone can correct me if i'm wrong there

CYBER
01-22-2012, 12:59 AM
it's almost impossible to bhop using the space and not the mwheel...

brett friggin favre
01-22-2012, 01:05 AM
it's almost impossible to bhop using the space and not the mwheel...

which is why people don't bhop where scripts are bannable lol

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-22-2012, 01:42 AM
binding jump to mouse wheelup and down is not a script.

Bind +jump Mousewheelup
Bind +jump Mousewheeldown

thats all
just like binding any other key. theres a level of scripting that legit gives a player an advantage, but in the case of binding keys.. there is nothing wrong.

brett friggin favre
01-22-2012, 01:57 AM
always been confused about that here, my mistake cyber.

Steamer
01-22-2012, 03:48 PM
I see nothing wrong with this script at all.

bloodwolfe
01-22-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm with steamer, I don't see how this could be scripting, it's basically binding your keys to a different jump button... plus I don't see it being a major cheat.

Joker
01-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Ok so I have to be the one that UN-confuses people. That is not a script. All it is, is a different way of binding your keys and it does it all in one command instead of 4 or 5 commands. binding your "mwheelup" and/or "mwheeldown" to "jump" is perfectly legitimate. Also, just as a side note bhop servers most of the time even tell you to switch to your mwheelup or mwheeldown because it makes it easier to use then the space bar.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Ok so I have to be the one that UN-confuses people. That is not a script. All it is, is a different way of binding your keys and it does it all in one command instead of 4 or 5 commands. binding your "mwheelup" and/or "mwheeldown" to "jump" is perfectly legitimate. Also, just as a side note bhop servers most of the time even tell you to switch to your mwheelup or mwheeldown because it makes it easier to use then the space bar.

i think it was about the use of alias. alias allows you to bind multiple commands, in different ways, to one key press. (this one swaps between 2 settings, with one key)

CYBER
01-26-2012, 02:53 PM
after lkooking around, i noticed that the binding does not affect anything in my gaming, it's only a bind to change my controls. it's like going into my control settings between games and changing them all at once and playing, so technically it is not a cheat.
I believe that solves for everyone?
/closed.

Joker
01-26-2012, 02:53 PM
i think it was about the use of alias. alias allows you to bind multiple commands, in different ways, to one key press. (this one swaps between 2 settings, with one key)

Yes I know what alias means, my statement still stands. As i was saying it's just a different way of binding your keys.

๖ReS
01-29-2012, 05:59 AM
Binds aren't scripts, although you can do the +shoot thing (or whatever command) too for the mouse wheel and mag dump dualies in fucking 2 seconds like an asshat.

or set mouse up/down to primary fire

or jump...

I can bhop short distances with the space bar depending on the server settings.