PDA

View Full Version : Map Selections

Chronic
09-28-2008, 12:01 PM
This is just a suggestion because I know a lot of other people feel this way as well but would it be possible to change up the map vote selection. Seems most are really bad custom maps or just bad stock maps. Sometimes there isn't even one good map to vote for out of the 5 and then a shitty map gets picked and the server drains out.

Not a huge deal just something I've noticed since I've been playing at IBIS.

weeman2412
09-28-2008, 01:14 PM
i know its a real issue.. many admins as well as me try our very best to mix things up a bit when we're online.. especially me. if im the senior admin online on at the time.. ill always do a custom built map vote everytime

ZERO
09-28-2008, 01:39 PM
A new map vote system is planed for installation within the next 2 weeks. It will be integrated with the map rating system and will base the likely hood of maps showing up off of how high there ranking is. This is also great because when you rate maps you are also voting for how often you will like to see them appear as an option in the map votes.

weeman2412
09-28-2008, 01:40 PM
then again some people are lazy and always choose 1 when the rating thingy pops up.,.. and 1 is dismiss D:
another possible problem with this system is that some maps are already overplayed and if this rating system is up.. it would mean that these map *cough* atix *cough* would even be more overplayed

and if new maps were ever to be added.. it would probably never be played since the likelihood of it appearing on the votes with 0 rating is highly unlikely

ZERO
10-01-2008, 09:17 AM
I am actually wondering what occurs when it can not talk to the database...

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Have 2 zombie servers, 1 of escape, other of cades. Well 1 server manly escape, other manly cades would be better. Have both types of maps in each. Just 1 with cades other with escape.

I might be confusing you, if so, ill clear it up when i get a chance.

ManBearPig <ibis>
10-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Have 2 zombie servers, 1 of escape, other of cades. Well 1 server manly escape, other manly cades would be better. Have both types of maps in each. Just 1 with cades other with escape.

I might be confusing you, if so, ill clear it up when i get a chance.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t136/Smash8888/how_about_no.jpg

Paper
10-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Cading server and escape server would get really boring, really fast. If you think about it, how incredibly bored would you get if you had to play the same 5 or so decent escape maps that we have over and over again? Basically the same thing with the cade maps.

Steamer
10-07-2008, 02:45 AM
If you recall..... There was a Beta IBIS pure escape server.... It didn't go over so well.

Troxed
10-08-2008, 03:58 AM
what if u reset the rating on all the maps that would take out the problem of the older maps getting played all the time and the new ones never getting touched. that would allow you to not have to have an admin on every hour to make sure the games are going as planned