PDA

View Full Version : On-going shounen?

Fuzzy1
01-26-2012, 07:43 PM
So I've on the latest episode of bleach, Naruto doesn't interest me and I'm wondering about death note.

Also, are there any good on-going shounen? Or very good shounen that ended?

acolyte_to_jippity
01-26-2012, 07:52 PM
deadman wonderland was quite good

Andrew_Pavlik
01-26-2012, 09:36 PM
read the bleach or naruto manga, much better imo. Also death note was good.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Also death note was good.

speak not such blasphemy!!

Fuzzy1
01-26-2012, 10:33 PM
read the bleach or naruto manga, much better imo. Also death note was good.
I read the bleach manga, waiting for next chapter and I'll give naruto a second try.

Also I'm reading nurahiyon no mago
I'll watch death note tonight.

Bane of Soldiers
01-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Shounen isn't my field lol. Basically Naruto and Fairy Tail for me (thus far).

Fairy Tail's a little strange, but as far as shounen go it's your basic anime of spells and magic.

By Naruto, do you mean the entire franchise or rather the first and original Naruto? Shipuuden is tons times better than when the Konoha 11 were all genin. They still have a lot of fillers for my taste though. I suggest trying Shippuden if you're willing to pick Naruto up again; to fully understand shippuden, it's only necessary to watch through the sasuke retrieval arc.

taz1stP
01-27-2012, 03:41 AM
just do as i do and skip the fillers they are useless. but where naruto is now is awesome u get to see who his parents are and what not which is awesome.

RamenPoodle
02-27-2012, 09:04 PM
I enjoyed Ao no Exorcist. It's not long, but just as good as any other shonen show IMO.

ZERO
02-28-2012, 02:18 AM
YEs that was a good watch I almost wish it was longer but I felt they wrapped it up quite nicely.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-28-2012, 02:37 AM
YEs that was a good watch I almost wish it was longer but I felt they wrapped it up quite nicely.

the manga is apparently like claymore, in that it keeps going

Xerenix
02-28-2012, 11:39 AM
You should try Hunter x Hunter. Good shounen anime/manga that is a bit childish at the beginning but becomes better later on.

KaMiKaZi_NiNjA
02-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi is a similar shounen, in that the anime stopped short but the manga continues, it's easily one of my favorite.
Soul Eater is the same
Cage of Eden is an ongoing manga shounen I've been reading, pretty awesome survival type manga.
The world only god knows ranks among the most entertaining of all the anime's I watch, it has a rather unique main character.
Yankee-Kun, Medaka Box, Noblesse(Manwha), Maken-Ki, are all worth reading.

Also Code:Breaker is good. There honestly aren't many good ones that have an ongoing anime, other than the big 4, so you have to pick from the manga's that are ongoing but have stopped anime production.