PDA

View Full Version : Admin Filtering/Prepping?

Jeimuzu
01-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Someone suggested a rather interesting idea that included a randomly generated 10 question quiz based on responsibilities of an admin and the universal server rules. I'm not sure how difficult something like this would be to create, but it 'may' increase awareness about certain admins.. Such as if we see someone who fails the quiz 3 times when all the answers are easily available to them, we obviously know they aren't reading anything and need some remediation VIA a PM or clan member/admin. Just an idea I figured I'd throw out.

brett friggin favre
01-28-2012, 11:43 PM
umm. please. for the love of god YES YES GOD YES. THE FUCKING OPPOSITE OF THIS vvvv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

CYBER
01-28-2012, 11:49 PM
I agree to this... i have already pitched in the idea on some random thread somewhere on ibis... (cant find quote now... but still)

In fact. I would strongly suggest that , an admin does NOT activate to a player UNLESS they finish with more than 100% or so on COMPULSORY "obvious" rules they should KNOW if they read the TOS (let's call it open book...) and more than 70% or so on VERYYYYYY critical cases that have been discovered by older admins and passed on to further generations...

And for example, split the admin activation on different servers.
For an admin to activate on GG , they must pass a GG specific quizz such as questions about camping and TK etc... for it to activate on ZM, they need to know ZM rules about cade-able spots and others, and wcs, warding and other shit (thread made by maymay...)
If the player does not want to be admin on WCS, because they cant pass the wcs quiz, so be it... We need to understand that an ok admin on a server is not the best reliable source for other servers.
For example, ask me anything about GG , i can answer, however i dnt know shit about zm... and just enough for wcs... and i have been here for 3 years... what about the new idiots that join admin?

Andrew_Pavlik
01-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Mikey would fail, good thing he already got his admin.

brett friggin favre
01-29-2012, 02:43 AM
basically all new admins need to know is how to act on the servers, how long to ban for x or y offense, what commands they shouldnt use under any circumstances, and what to do about hackers. the specific server rules are nice, but for the most part if they're paying for admin, they've played here before. also if there's a hacker on, lets say, wcs, and the only admin online is on gg and hasnt taken the wcs test yet, kinda tough to work that. good idea cyber, i just don't know how practical it would be

Rosie
01-29-2012, 05:20 AM
+1000! It would force them to atleast look at the material. You could also have a lock out if you fail 3 times or so. Then they must wait an hour before they take it again.(study time)

acolyte_to_jippity
01-29-2012, 05:43 AM
i'd actually just tell them straight-out that they must read the rules, and TOS before entering the server with the admi tag on. if they're caught violating the TOS or rules, they're done. immediately. either drop down to the new-ish "admins' bitch" level (sanctioned powers) or straight-out remove their admin. allow them to get it again after the next month (basically, the next time pay pal sends in the money) and completely ignore the previous events. fresh slate, as it were. EXCEPT that if they mess up again their admin is removed permenantly (but the subscription on paypal is not changed)

the fact is is that we shouldn't be forcing people to read the TOS and rules before becomming admins, but we SHOULD go forward assuming they've been read and thus be harsh in our judgements.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-29-2012, 08:59 AM
THIEF!
yes, its been spinning around in my head for some time, a quiz like this would force users who want to become admin to use the TOS to answer the questions provided to them. Which means they have seen and read the TOS, when they pass, this would eliminate any excuses they may have in regards to abuse and rules.

Mikey would fail, good thing he already got his admin.
it would be impossible for me to fail a test regarding the rules of the servers and TOS.

maynard
01-29-2012, 01:46 PM
this idea has been brought up many a time before...

Nemesis
01-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Anything that would inhibit the cash coming into the server wont be implemented. the paid admin is there to make money; nothing else.

brett friggin favre
01-29-2012, 02:43 PM
Anything that would inhibit the cash coming into the server wont be implemented. the paid admin is there to make money; nothing else.

i wouldnt say its inhibiting any cash flow, just requiring that the admins take 10 minutes of their busy days to do a better job on the servers, or at least be more accountable for their mistakes. just reduces headache the way i see it.

maynard
01-29-2012, 02:58 PM

you are wise beyond your years... that or you've just been paying attention the past 4 years ^^

I'm on new/fail admins like shit 2 a blanket, it's really not needed.

Steamer
01-29-2012, 06:22 PM

This troll actually does have a brain.

Pl@YwithM3
01-29-2012, 07:51 PM
do it, an do it on EVERYONE, not just newcomers

maynard
01-29-2012, 10:47 PM
you learn nothing from an open book test. all it does is make you quickly skim some shit for the answer you need, and fill it in. making a small ass test will NOT make us get better admins, or make for less incidents regarding admins being fail. and if your idea is if you don't get a certain percent and pass the test you can't have admin... well... that will just never happen. Zero wont impact the cash flow of ibis... more so when there's no reason 2 do so... new admins get stomped down rather quickly when they fuck around.

this idea and many others have been thrown down like a million times now... there's a reason zero's never done it.

Jackie Marlow
02-13-2012, 03:12 PM
The current system is fine. If you suck, your access is restricted. If you continue to suck, your access is revoked. The pro is the server gets immediate money to operate. The con is some people may be inconvenienced every so often by shitty moderating.