PDA

View Full Version : We need to use this addon for name change scripts/hackers.

polarbear
02-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Recently I've come across hackers that use a script to change their name in game every second or so. For some unknown reason, quite frustrating actually, I cant view their steam ID once they connect nor can I use the "status" command in console. I cant ban them via SM_ban because it requires a name with their steam ID to ban them, and the script changes their name --constantly. I cant really do much without access to the "sm_addban" command, and these guys are getting on everyone nerves. I have yet to try "SM_Ban @aim 0" command while spectating because they booked as I came across it. I looked around for a way to counter this type of behavior and perhaps this addon to the server would be a great help. It's called Name Change Punisher, and is an addon to sourcemod.
It constantly looks for multiple name changes within a couple of seconds, and then either kicks, or bans the user exploiting the script.

Again, I'll try the "sm_ban @aim 0" method if I get a chance, but until then we may want to look into this addon to sourcemod.

Thank you, Andrew.

Rosie
02-13-2012, 11:31 PM
I have never had a LUA hacker that didnt show up in status. Is it that status is not showing all the IDs.

Steamer
02-13-2012, 11:42 PM
The good LUA spammers spam so much the server cant keep up and receive / send the status commands.

[ANY] Name Change Punisher http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=161320

SMAC (Client Protection) http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=169586

If Zero thinks this is a good Idea, he may probably just recode his own. The stress on the servers from the constant check could be detrimental though.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-13-2012, 11:44 PM
you could always follow the "banning lua hackers" thread's instructions...

ZERO
02-14-2012, 03:08 AM
was sb_status tried?

This is auto entered into all source tv demos btw.

It should not be possible for them to hide from that output. :wtg:

CYBER
02-14-2012, 03:17 AM
2 things polar:
1- can u get a demo uploaded? sb_status should be in there, like Zero said.
2- i recommend readin this: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6918-How-To-Deal-With-LUA-Scripting-Name-Changers

polarbear
02-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I was a bit ignorant on the subject but I've been reading up on it, I appreciate the help and I believe I'm prepared to handle it next time. Again thanks guys, hope I see you around sometime on the pub server :icon_mrgreen:

CYBER
02-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I was a bit ignorant on the subject but I've been reading up on it, I appreciate the help and I believe I'm prepared to handle it next time. Again thanks guys, hope I see you around sometime on the pub server :icon_mrgreen:

so long as you learned not to ban a hacker for a day and not posting about it on the forums in proper format to request a perma ban!
and yes, im the one monitoring your sourcebans lol.... :smirk:

polarbear
02-16-2012, 12:36 AM
so long as you learned not to ban a hacker for a day and not posting about it on the forums in proper format to request a perma ban!
and yes, im the one monitoring your sourcebans lol.... :smirk:

I'm sorry about that, I was mentioned in a thread specifically about that ban, and I apologize for that, it was stupid of me and I will not do that again. I hope to regain some rep here, this seems like a very great community.

checkster
03-27-2012, 08:23 PM
If this is truly needed just add smac, it will stop most cheats, beats kigens anticheat a million times.