PDA

View Full Version : Rank whoreing on zm: The good and the bad.

THE HOLY SH**T!
02-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Well i am one of zm's original and I have been part of one of the finest zm community's in the game for along time, but as of late I am sick of the "stat whores" who will only play a map if it is an easy map to get rank up.

Players such as these attend to only benefit themselves and are selfish in their ways, some are admins and others are normal regulars. Their may be only a few dozen people who do it reguarly, but the idea becomes more about having a better kdr, then what the game is really about; which is having fun.

Now I personally like the ranking system, it give's people an idea on how well they do and goals too move forward on but 1 of 2 things need to change.

A) We need to re-modify the zm servers so that both cade maps and escape maps reward players based on the difficulty to survive as a human. Cade maps would give lower total skill bonus rewards then a escape map would. ( difficult cade maps could have more skill points rewarded then easier escape maps if the map is favoured for either humans or zombies... ect... )

B) Forcing players who are in the server to play. This concept would force people out of spectate, besides admins, soo then people couldn't skip a map because they 'didn't like it or couldnt protect their rank.
- Admins found abusing spectator should lose admin privileged because they would not support the server and the best interests of the server.
- players who don't like the maps can either rtv and wait it out or disconnect and rejoin when the map changes. special circumstances could allow a player too sit in spectate.

C) Changing the way ZM maps are viewed; This may vary from person to person but i think in a broad over view we need too define what cade and escape maps are as a community and how to properly beat them.
Example: Cade maps - Require some imagination, team work and a bit of expirence before you can really compete in the ibis servers.
Escape maps - usually require teamwork and group cooperation, alot of experience is required to master them.

*Now I really didn't define them and give them a true definition on how to play them and how they are properly played but I couldn't tell you how many times that I am always the last human to be alive on an escape map because no one knows what too do or tries to figure the maps out.*

Anyways; I came to post this because I feel that a general shift in the community in the zombie mod servers could go along way for the future of ibis zombie mod as we have one of the best in CSS. I just feel that the general population is a bit clueless and with a little direction, a different tone/attidude and playing the game the way it's suppose to be played will help the zm prosper down the road. I feel as the zombie mod is doing well, but it could ALWAYS GET BETTER.

Anwyays, I'll be on the servers a bit more often and I would like too see other opinions and thoughts/suggestions. I'm not trying too call anyone out or too say ibis is in anyway/shape/form going downhill when infact I can see great things in the future for ibis.

From your's Truely;

THE one and only THE HOLY SH**!

-Zombies Last Meal-

Chef C Green
02-15-2012, 09:21 PM
One sec *logs off zmod server* OK! Just wanted to set a good example for that second bullet xD.

To start off, I'm gonna throw in I'm a new admin, but I've played the server for a few years now under both Chef and "Kung Fu Action Jesus", and would definitely agree that maps of recent have become rather overplayed. Although maps like Little Town and Snoopie have their unfair advantages making them beneficial to ranking up, I'm not gonna say they get anymore overplayed than some ze maps that are unbalanced on the zombie end (ex: LOTR Maps with their bad spawns). That being said, I do enjoy cade maps FAR more than ze for A) the challenge of making a cade that withstands the onslaught of zombies, and B) as you mentioned, ESCAPE MAPS GIVE NO REWARD.

A change in how the ranking points are given for things like ze maps where you meet an objective / survive would eliminate some of the biased stats. We need to remember zmod is NOT DEATHMATCH and should not be ranked purely as one. It plays a key role, but we have never given actual merit to individuals that survive in well constructed cades, or make it to the end of an escape map (which are both what I believe to be just as important as eliminating the zombie foes).

I know we are supposedly putting on 24 or so new maps, which hopefully will help to change the monotony of going to Mines of moria... black mesa... little town... desert fortress.. and repeat. I appreciate all the maps we have, but lets face it, with the amount of maps we circulate a day (1 map every half hour, 24 hours, approximately 48 maps a day), we go through the rotation VERY quickly and that may never be fixed. What we should strive for is re-configuring some of these maps to make them more balanced (ex: Little Town has a new version that's supposedly less CT-sided, and can we configure the LOTR maps to change spawns back to normal?). I know those kind of things should be brought up in the "Configure/Add/Drop Map" Forum but I want to bring it up again because it's relevant...

Lastly, the bit about the players staying in spec for too long. We do have the AFK disconnect thing for those not active for like 15 minutes or so. At most I see about 7 people hanging in spec, but that is during peak hours OR when a map like zm_highschoolbeta comes up where the map does not allow anymore players to join past 18. Normally there will be admins though in spec both discussing and watching the server. I think all admins and clan members can show a bit of courtesy and hop off the server until a map they like comes up (I will try hard to do that).

Thanks for starting a thread on these issues Holy.
-Chef

TheFallen927
02-15-2012, 09:24 PM
I will try to make that 40 new maps :icon_mrgreen:
The escape maps that should give out the most skill in my opinion are all Lotr maps,mako reactor and predator ultimate since they seem to rarely get beat.

BladeTwinSwords
02-15-2012, 10:41 PM
I want to consult about the weapon weights as I feel that they have become unbalanced in recent times due to people wanting to rank in them. You have no idea how many times I have died because some fucking asshole wants to use an UMP to cade.

Pl@YwithM3
02-15-2012, 11:29 PM
I want to consult about the weapon weights as I feel that they have become unbalanced in recent times due to people wanting to rank in them. You have no idea how many times I have died because some fucking asshole wants to use an UMP to cade.

y do i get the feeling that comment was subtly directed at me? :lmao:

BladeTwinSwords
02-15-2012, 11:39 PM
y do i get the feeling that comment was subtly directed at me? :lmao:

Not at all, though I honestly think the pump should be ranked slightly lower since it has a higher damage output + knockback over the auto-shotty. I'm talking about the P90, TMP, and Zombie kills.

Pl@YwithM3
02-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Not at all, though I honestly think the pump should be ranked slightly lower since it has a higher damage output + knockback over the auto-shotty. I'm talking about the P90, TMP, and Zombie kills.
hahahah +1.75 per kill is crap anyways; blade u can make each pump shotty kill worth -50 rank pnts then. ill PROUDLY be placed 1000+ by the end of the week :shotgun:

Meltdown
02-16-2012, 07:10 AM
Yes force people to play every map and not to stay in spec longer then 2 minuts before kicked of the server. Rank whoring is going too far atm, the number one atm and the last number one we had only play to be on position 1 not to play the zombie mod. Look I play on fragmasters once in a while office and there you see a ranking based on true skill not this lousy cheap ranking we see on the zmod these days.

Fallen you play to brag/show off whatever reasons I don't care I'm fine with you being no.1 although your not the best player out there the amount of time you spend on gaining that rank is already achievement on it's own. You and some other people make it so we playing little town and other crappy maps so much and if i have to record it all to proof it we will have hours to watch which is not worth it, beside your stats page say enough.

So my advice your number one, make screen shot and start to play before you got addicted to this rank whoring and let us play less little town and more escape maps or other zm maps expect the easy cheap ones

TheFallen927
02-16-2012, 07:25 AM
I did play escape maps when the players could win as a human but now they get raped by the zombies due to lack of teamwork.
So you would not consider someone one of the best if they beat mako reactor at extreme which is one of the hardest escape maps we have on this server? I have seen that get beat once this was by me,jolloy and some random person but if the server had better team work i would play mako,predator and minas again.

I also am 1st or 2nd in hours for those because i like playing them when there are alot of players. When i started playing wcs more awhile back all i saw in zmod was escape maps almost all the time with there being maybe 1 decent cade map.

Also you should half my hours beacuse thats probably the amount of time i spend in spec and if you cannot be bothered to work that out it comes to 844.5

taz1stP
02-16-2012, 07:50 AM
we should make the para kills worth nothing almost b/c i mean cmon u get a cade with about 3 people with them and know wtf they are doing its over.

TheFallen927
02-16-2012, 07:57 AM
By cheap you mean most of the good ones which include the following: zm_miniature_room_v1,zm_lila_panic_beach,zm_cityli fe_V2,zm_lila_panic_v2,zm_penumbra_extended,zm_sno opie_711_final_fixed1,zm_420_beachstrike_b2,zm_des ert_fortress_v2,zm_tx_highschoolbeta7,zm_pulse_tem pleofdoom_final,zm_csk_4corners_b2 and many more. The point im getting at here is any map can be considered cheap.

Wuman
02-16-2012, 01:13 PM
As a regular rankwhore, I think that forcing people to play all the maps when they join the server isn't right. I have fun rank whoring, killing zambies in rankwhore maps.. is there a problem with that? I hate some maps so I don't play them, wouldn't that be going against a player who wants to have fun?

As for the spectate option, I believe there shouldn't be any spectators allowed when the server is full, but if it isn't, back to my first argument about people having fun playing the maps they like.

I agree with the balance points in maps though, if there was a way to make surviving as a human in maps give points or something, then I'd play more hiding maps. But it could get boring just playing a hide-n-seek zombie server.

I wouldn't mind the zm maps getting their points lowered either lol.

Chef C Green
02-16-2012, 03:04 PM
So to consolidate some of the points being made in the thread:

-Points should be given to completing objectives/ surviving
-Weapon stats should be altered (i.e. P90, Ump, Para, etc)
-Maps should be reconfigured for more balanced play
-Spectators should be kicked if taking up a slot WHEN THE SERVER IS FULL (No point if not full, and if it is full why not let someone who WANTS to play)

Now this bit on "rank whoring", I won't lie that it's out there and we all do it (who doesn't want to strive to be top of something (even me with m4a1 of recent)). But seriously, how the server has set up rewarding humans is based so that rank whoring is in a sense "fun" to us regulars (I mean so what if we beat an escape map, what's to show for it?). This falls into the first bullet I mentioned above and is the thing we should focus on eliminating rank whoring.

Also, the bit on maps that are "cheap". There isn't a map on this server that doesn't have a cheap spot and I DARE anyone to prove me wrong -,-. If you want me to make different cades on little town, I can make half a dozen spots. You want me to go somewhere else on snoopie, miniature, beach, heck I DON'T CARE, I can go elsewhere. It's not the rank whores, it's the people who insist on staying in one spot repeatedly. You want to do something about that kind of "cheapness", we should call out individual spots and put limits on the # of people in the spot. It works fine for tubes, why not some of the other crouch spots?

-Chef

B1ackOut
02-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Personally I think rankwhoring will never end to the degree you want. Instead of messing with the maps, add a rotation blocker or something to inhibit the overplaying of maps. As for cheap spots, they all fail at one point or another. Those cheap spots that you claim ruin the game so much are fine the way they are. Sure there are a few ridiculous spots, but generally maps are made fair with decent cades. Why should people be punished to going to places where they go to do the objective (aka survive). Give the new players a chance to make easy cades, and to fuck up those easy cades when they spawn zombie in them. Give the zombies an initiative to actually play the game and use the teamwork you often complain about to win. Humans can use it why not zombies?

Unless you ban a large number of the players, you will never stop rankwhoring for zombies just messing around. People will ALWAYS find a loophole and exploit it, so instead of punishing why dont we clog those holes. Maprotation blocker, actually set up an official illegal cade page, TRAIN admins, and actually give some initiative to live out the round rather than simply getting kills. Lower the points for all the overpowered guns, and give more points for winning escape maps. There are so many good ideas that no one is bothering to think about or consider.

THE HOLY SH**T!
02-16-2012, 06:34 PM
As a regular rankwhore, I think that forcing people to play all the maps when they join the server isn't right. I have fun rank whoring, killing zambies in rankwhore maps.. is there a problem with that? I hate some maps so I don't play them, wouldn't that be going against a player who wants to have fun?

As for the spectate option, I believe there shouldn't be any spectators allowed when the server is full, but if it isn't, back to my first argument about people having fun playing the maps they like.

I agree with the balance points in maps though, if there was a way to make surviving as a human in maps give points or something, then I'd play more hiding maps. But it could get boring just playing a hide-n-seek zombie server.

I wouldn't mind the zm maps getting their points lowered either lol.

Take this post as an example of the WRONG type of "Rank Whoreing" needed in ibis servers.

- If everyone had this type of attidude, it will lead to people eventually sitting in spectate to avoid players ever having the probability of catching up and it leaves those who favour maps at which they can cade; which isn't what ZM is about. It should be about having fun, on any map; were rank will be determined by true skill. I could cade and and not get tagged in any rounds on 20 or 25 maps; thats just at the top of my head. Players should play every map, good or bad and be able to survive any zombie situation. THAT would determine who truely is #1; which requires a bit more then hiding behind a cade were certain guns give an outragest score / per kill ratio.

- Before any rank's were giving, the people who were the best at the game were rank according by time. Back in the day, we had a rank system from [IBIS NOOB] To [IBIS 131337] and to get these ranks required a great length of time. The best players were always ibis 131337 or master ; which were the 2 top tiers back in the day. You knew who was #1 by most time; inwhich they were USUALLY THE OVERALL BEST PLAYER. This was the case for about 80% of people with these tags, they were among the best in the server for a reason. They played all the maps, never sat in spectate ( unless afk for some reason ) and everyone would play the maps rather if they liked it or not. Avoiding playing certain maps takes away credibility of how these days people could be rank #1. Too this day, the #1 pplayer ever on ibis zm's would have to be the player : Killa B - I only say this because he could cade any map, escape on any map and survive on any map rather cade/no cade.

The point I'm trying to make accross is that I would like too see a true #1 by true skill and not fact skill, being top 10 now is a joke in my eyes. All you have to do is cade in impossible cades and skip out on maps you don't like and easily earn your skill score up. ( I went from a skill lvl of 4100-4600 in a matter of 5 maps, rank whoreing too prove my point ). So to get too the top 10 or 5 would not really be a challange if i played maps that favored humans and the one's I KNOW BEST.

Sorry Wuman for taking your post ive personally never played with ya but I just wanted to use this as an example as too how the ZM should properly be played and how the rankings should work ( Real skill > made up skill ; if your catching my point ).

Rosie
02-16-2012, 07:18 PM
These immpossible cades do not exist. They can be broken with teamwork, even the ones on Little. To me it seems like people are complaining that they do not get those spots. While I do agree that there should be points assigned for last survivor, and escape map winners. the whole issue of rank whoring is stupid. When I played regurally I didnt even know there was a rank system for 6 months. So if I ztele away from getting killed while breaking a cade, I am a rank whore. Or if I make a cade that you cannot break I am a rankwhore. Or is it if I spawn as a zombie and rape your face that makes it rankwhoring. WTF! What I have gotten from this post is, if you are better than someone at doing something then you are a rankwhore. If you do not like playing escape maps then you are as well. But if you dont like playing a cade map its ok because someone is rankwhoring on it anyways.

T3h tyrant
02-16-2012, 07:31 PM
These immpossible cades do not exist. They can be broken with teamwork, even the ones on Little. To me it seems like people are complaining that they do not get those spots. While I do agree that there should be points assigned for last survivor, and escape map winners. the whole issue of rank whoring is stupid. When I played regurally I didnt even know there was a rank system for 6 months. So if I ztele away from getting killed while breaking a cade, I am a rank whore. Or if I make a cade that you cannot break I am a rankwhore. Or is it if I spawn as a zombie and rape your face that makes it rankwhoring. WTF! What I have gotten from this post is, if you are better than someone at doing something then you are a rankwhore. If you do not like playing escape maps then you are as well. But if you dont like playing a cade map its ok because someone is rankwhoring on it anyways.

:notworthy:

Steamer
02-16-2012, 09:33 PM
- Before any rank's were giving, the people who were the best at the game were rank according by time. Back in the day, we had a rank system from [IBIS NOOB] To [IBIS 131337]

There was still rank, and trust me people looked at stats page and rank whore'd (pooter). Killa had nothing on others, most dipped before you got there though.

Also I will agree, being in top 10 is a joke anymore.

Impossible cades do exist... they are just very very rare.

Wuman
02-16-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm sorry if you don't like my attitude and way of playing but thats how I am.

I still don't believe it's right to force people to play maps they don't like. I sometimes start up css, about to play some zmod, but as soon as I see some map I don't like I just don't join. Wouldn't this be the same problem as in going into spectate? I've seen plenty of people in spectate enjoy themselves watching others die and laugh at us, would this be a problem? These people are having fun playing what they want to do, which is why people nag about the map, leave, or go into spectate.

I understand the meaning behind the best players back then and I praise thy for being great. But I guess now people have changed, new people join and do what they want and it became like this.

As for the true skill and rankwhore skill by using cheap methods, that would be an interesting idea. Something like surviving rounds score compared to kills score you mean? I wouldn't mind something like that.

Also what has been said before about "cheap spots" by blackout, I agree with him and like to include, what am I going to do sitting in a simple good cade? twiddle with my dick? No, I want to have fun, maybe sum kill zombies now that I think I'm invincible. And it coincidentally gives skill for getting kills.

But I also agree with rosie about the "cheap" spots though, it will take a good amount of teamwork to break them cades. In a game with purely experienced zmod players, it would be interesting how zombies and humans fight. But since it's nearly impossible to have a good team, thats where I believe the "rankwhore" began. Because they couldn't trust the team, they had to rely on themselves, doing things on their own, bitching when people fuck up on what they were doing.

Rosie
02-16-2012, 10:19 PM
But I also agree with rosie about the "cheap" spots though, it will take a good amount of teamwork to break them cades. In a game with purely experienced zmod players, it would be interesting how zombies and humans fight. But since it's nearly impossible to have a good team, thats where I believe the "rankwhore" began. Because they couldn't trust the team, they had to rely on themselves, doing things on their own, bitching when people fuck up on what they were doing.

It may be the massive pain killers I am on, but I kind of <3 you I think!

Meltdown
02-17-2012, 08:25 AM
I think it is pretty simply, make zombies much better then they are now, let people sweat for there kills. I mean ye probably every cade could be broken, yes could but how many need to die to do that? for a slight chance because zombie groups don't exits any more people rather play human then zombie so no one ever gets better in being a zombie.

I don't see why making zombie's better should be so bad??? zombie mod in the early days was all about surviving that was the thrill to see howe long you cold hold of with group of people, What I see now is just a joke, that people with a sniper can hold of a horde of zombies Alone is just plain stupid and breaking the sole purpose of the zombie mod. What is there so much fun of being all alone and play to check ur stats every minute and chicken out the minute it get hard.

atm we have to many people who want to play for ranking and the funny thing is the complain when they play map like little town yet they still vote for extend????? And when i post this reply it is the second time i see Little town on just as note how overplayed that map is, I think little town is the most played map ever on the server, which is ironic sad.

TheFallen927
02-17-2012, 09:01 AM
You really have no idea how many escape maps got played yesterday and today and yes i played one of them beacuse its one of the few i like.
To be honest i might aswell not suggest maps if people like you bitch about it being unfair to either side the reason i suggest so many maps is beacuse i have played them and think i the would make a great addition to the server.

If you want to stop rank whoring you would have to ban alot of players as blackout said but by doing that this would also mean losing alot of map suggestions.

Good luck with stopping that beacuse i highly doubt it will work.

If you were refering to yesterday when it was little town i would rather extend then put people through the tourture that is canal escape what made me lo was when you told me to stfu beacuse i voted minas but it didnt make the vote then i voted extend. If you were not an admin i would of put a 15 min gag on you for that.

kenneth918237
02-17-2012, 09:17 AM
ok here we go here come's my reaction to this

no do not do what they did in pf and give the zombies like 10k health.
kick the broken escape maps and replace them whit good once like the one that zombie get put back in spawn so they dont spawn in front and humans dont stand a change.
delete cade maps whit noobs spots and yes i mean little town.
reset the highscores and give the good players those clan tags like ibis noob and ibis31337 or zleet.

meltdown:chillpill: stop bitching about the ranks just play each time i play i lose over 100 points because of cade breakers and shit buth hell i still play for funs just like blade:assault: and others.

what do i miss my admin:headache: to kick/rape(burn,slap,slay) and bann cadebreakers because players lose the respect on admins and do what ever they want.

so please ZERO:beer: make some work of zombiemod do a make over :construct:

Meltdown
02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Well for my part they give rank whore's just the full 999999999999999 points I just don't want to keep playing those retarded maps. People who vote for bad map like little town or beachstrike don't vote because those maps are acutely good or fun, no they vote for it pure for the easy points you can score and that is what I dislike about the ranking system, the overplay of maps no one likes I would not mind the ranking so much if it didn't had so much influence on the map rotation.

And fallen grow some backbone, you scold/curse people when U get killed and your gonna tell me that I can't say stfu, if you want respect you should show respect to the people you play with.

TheFallen927
02-17-2012, 10:34 AM
You need to learn that im fucking joking most of the regs and a few admins do it. If i showed 0 respect to people i would have less people added then i do now.
If you really want those maps maps to be played less you would have to get alot of regs banned so stop your bitching and enjoy the fucking game.
If you think there overplayed so much or to unfair why have you not requested their removeal?

I have fun by winning as a human.

Zmod is easy for both pros and noobs due to no teamwork on escapemaps and the regs knowing the best spots on cade maps.

If you want zmod to become more noob friendly then it already is keep suggesting those ideas but i bet alot of regs will hate your ideas.

In you logic i supposedly disrespect alot of players which is complete bullshit im always as friendly as i can be but if you break a rule then its a different story.

Even Hallwagner did that jokingly most of the time, this has always how zmod has been since i joined here

Meltdown
02-17-2012, 12:06 PM
You bring it up U got answer, and I don't believe that bitching to total unknown players is suppose to be a joke. but this is not the argue here so I suggest we leave it here.

As you enjoy being human I enjoy being a zombie, but the role as zombie should not be cannon folder. I can bitch as much as I want over those maps because it is my opinion and I'm not gonna say it because some of you guys don't like it. I want a better rotation of maps with lesser cheap maps and more good maps which is I think what everyone wants unless you only play for your rank. Don't forget that most players do not come on the forums but the ones who play for there rank do so the conversation about this is too one sided and that is why I give some other voice, the voice of people who do want to play better maps.

And about the removal of maps

1. Little town should be removed why??: it is bad designed and many bugs, the spots are cheap and impossible to break with the circumstances we face on top of that every map even canal escape is better then little town, it has nothing to add only easy cheap ranking.

2. Maps as beachstrike, temple of doom and some others are annoying but if they are played like once a day then it would not stand out so much that it needs removal, but if you play those maps too often and after each other it is going to be annoying and utterly boring, yes removal would be easy option, i do say make them lesser in the rotation circle so they don't come up as often and make it so people can not nominate them for like 10 maps after it is played or even longer.

3. As I see how long it would take before action is taken by removal or adding I see it pointless to try and the only map I really want to see removed is already there aka little town.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-17-2012, 01:22 PM
wtf is wrong w/ beachstrike?

it's a wonderful map!

toma
02-17-2012, 01:33 PM
ok here we go here come's my reaction to this

no do not do what they did in pf and give the zombies like 10k health.
kick the broken escape maps and replace them whit good once like the one that zombie get put back in spawn so they dont spawn in front and humans dont stand a change.
delete cade maps whit noobs spots and yes i mean little town.
reset the highscores and give the good players those clan tags like ibis noob and ibis31337 or zleet.

meltdown:chillpill: stop bitching about the ranks just play each time i play i lose over 100 points because of cade breakers and shit buth hell i still play for funs just like blade:assault: and others.

what do i miss my admin:headache: to kick/rape(burn,slap,slay) and bann cadebreakers because players lose the respect on admins and do what ever they want.

so please ZERO:beer: make some work of zombiemod do a make over :construct:

ok, here we go, here come's my reaction to this.

no, do not do what tehy did in PF and give the zombies like 10k health.
remove the broken escape maps and replace them with good ones, like the one where zombies get put back in spawn so they don't spawn on top of the humans, where they don't stand a chance.
remove cade maps with noob spots, and yes i mean little town
reset the high scores and give the good players a clan tags like ibis noob and ibis31337 or zleet

meltdown, take a :chillpill: stop bitching about the ranks and play, each time i play i lose over 100 points (cause i'm horrible) because of cade breakers, but hell, i still play for fun, just like blade :assault:, and others.

i miss my admin :headache:, so i could kick/rape(burn, slap, slay), ban, and be a general douche bag to cade breakers, also abuse the shit out of admin, because those players lose respect towards admins and do whatever they want and keep breaking cades.

so please ZERO, make some adjustments to zombiemod.

whew, i think i lost some brain cells trying to decipher that.

imo, most maps now in rotation would do horribly and become way to easily Human sided if only classic zombies were allowed. imo, it's a game, people play it for fun, statistic is just a cherry on top of the cake that is zmod.

kenneth918237
02-17-2012, 02:12 PM
toma fuck off :reddot:

toma
02-17-2012, 02:21 PM
<3 only after you've mastered the english language :)

THE HOLY SH**T!
02-17-2012, 02:24 PM
There was still rank, and trust me people looked at stats page and rank whore'd (pooter). Killa had nothing on others, most dipped before you got there though.

Also I will agree, being in top 10 is a joke anymore.

Impossible cades do exist... they are just very very rare.

I'm talking when zmod was first introduced in ibis, before the time rank was based on "skill".

I'm sorry if you don't like my attitude and way of playing but thats how I am.

I still don't believe it's right to force people to play maps they don't like. I sometimes start up css, about to play some zmod, but as soon as I see some map I don't like I just don't join. Wouldn't this be the same problem as in going into spectate? I've seen plenty of people in spectate enjoy themselves watching others die and laugh at us, would this be a problem? These people are having fun playing what they want to do, which is why people nag about the map, leave, or go into spectate.

I understand the meaning behind the best players back then and I praise thy for being great. But I guess now people have changed, new people join and do what they want and it became like this.

As for the true skill and rankwhore skill by using cheap methods, that would be an interesting idea. Something like surviving rounds score compared to kills score you mean? I wouldn't mind something like that.

Also what has been said before about "cheap spots" by blackout, I agree with him and like to include, what am I going to do sitting in a simple good cade? twiddle with my dick? No, I want to have fun, maybe sum kill zombies now that I think I'm invincible. And it coincidentally gives skill for getting kills.

As I said, theirs many maps with cheap spots. Cades and spots that become physically impossible to break; ex specially with a 5 min time frame..

Rank whoring is easier to do on this server, with a TEAM. The best at times have work together time and time again.. It is how the best people have usually gotten their. With players only looking to benefit themselves by watching their own rank, are selfish and isolate themselves. This will continue and will affect your decision on map making. ( playing maps you prefer "the good because I think their good" ) . When you make decisions like that, it will keep rotating the same maps again, again which is also another reason rank whoreish is selfish; and we play the same maps over and over ( also because some maps are good, and people favour them. So im not saying that being a rank whore isn't always the reason why we play the same maps; but they contribute to that factor by being selfish) .

Again I think your opinions are selfish, I am in favour of everyone out of spectate within our servers. ( will also see how many people are active within game aswell )

Chef C Green
02-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I agree with with what Rosie said about those cades being breakable with trained zombies, but we definitely need to account that not all zombies are trained and WILL get in the way when trying to break them (thus making them NEAR to impossible to break).

Beachstrike is fine... don't hate on that map = (, The stairs you can make zombie train, the blue rooms typically get shot out by noobs, basement can be pulled out / pushed in with TEAMWORK, and I enjoy sitting on my rock in the water shooting away poisons and parachuting zombies haha.

What I really wanted to comment on though is the ranking system that Holy brought up. I agree that (no offense to anyone) the top ranks are a bit monopolized by the "deathmatch" type ranking system. Having an alternate ranking system or changing it to the noob,fan,...131337, master would give the recognition for survival/objective completion that I think a good deal of players would want. No, I don't want to simply jerk off in a cade for the duration of the round, but again I want to survive (which doesn't always happen when I am accompanied with other players). I guess I just want a way to get players to work together as opposed to fighting at odds ends when viewpoints differ. If I were cading with Wuman for instance, we both trust one another as cade proficient and will either back off or build the cade. How do we get this kind of trust/information to new players? Would this be offensive to new players that want to build the cades? Idk, just puttin' it out there.

Lastly, stop wasting thread space on fighting over whether or not little town is good or bad, we get there's a difference in map preferences, but I hate reading it over and over. Please stop you two >.<
-Chef

Pl@YwithM3
02-17-2012, 03:03 PM
What I see now is just a joke, that people with a sniper can hold of a horde of zombies Alone.
lol wth map can that be done on? XD

more constructive note: can it be implimented in the server settings that once a map is Pl@Yed, it be temp. removed from the voting list until the entire mapcycle on the server has gone through? that way we'll have gotten a chance to check out EVERY map on the server and there will be no chance of having repeat maps up in votes? (unless an admin does otherwise) that would resolve this little bitchfit imo
sidenote: i love beachstrike, its a personal fav. an i dont Pl@Y it for the sake of whoring in the kills, i enjoy it because I ENJOY IT! its fun (for me at least) the way you can fight off zombies in it either under the stairs or as green said up on the tall rock in teh water. the same can be said for all of those other "whore maps" i Pl@Y them a lot because theyre fun to me, i dont give a flying fuck about the stats benefits they give me when i do well. (an no dont tell me otherwise because i can get just as many shotty kills as i want on any other map tyvm) - little_town can still go to hell though

final note; NO CADE is unbreakable! cry all you want but ANY cade can be broken when done properly AND cooperatively., the people who cant are just impatient or suck an give up to easily. ask james an he'll tell you no different.

Rosie
02-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Ok Meltdown. Without mentioning that map that you hate. Can you tell me what maps we are suppose to play that you think are fair to both sides? I would really like to see you come up with a 12 hour map rotation that does not drive half the server away. If you get the opinion of the noobs, I am sure ZE_Predator sounds f*cking sweet. But to any admin or reg, we know that it looks good and plays good, but unless an admin sits in spec and freezes all the Zombies when they try to tag, Humans never win! That and the fact that there are not to be "friendly" zombies per the rules. We would have to slay a Zombie for not tagging.

I do not think you understand that almost everyone in this conversation was a noob and got there ass handed to them by the regs. We then stuck around long enough not to be one anymore. Then more noobs join and you rape them. they stick around and become regs. After you play ZM for long enough, you leave for awhile, but you always stop back by. When you stop back by, you are the best of the best, and you rape on the server. It does not matter what map, or what the situation, If you took that crap top10 that everyone speaks of, and had all of them play any map rotation you want they would top the scorecard. Not because they are rankwhores but because they have logged alot of hours and know how to play.

Now concerning teamwork! It still happens. None of us truelly like being alone in a cade, but we only trust so many people. If Fallen is standing outside my already built cade, I would break it, and rebuild it to save him as a teammate. I would not however open myself to fail teamwork. if I have never been in a cade with you then your probally not getting in. (I might let James in) The objective of this server is to survive. If it end up as Wuman, Fallen and myself alive in a cade, dont think of us as rankwhores, just overacheivers!

Steamer
02-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Why you try and rank whore with a shelf and a one way crouch spot! Rank whore! Rank whore!

jimmay
02-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Why you try and rank whore with a shelf and a one way crouch spot! Rank whore! Rank whore!

:lmao: wait...wait...trying to put on a straight face...nvm, I give up...:lmao:

toma
02-18-2012, 12:29 AM

*golf clap*

Rosie
02-18-2012, 12:45 AM
I fail at life!

Up until you made an ass of yourself tonight I just thought you were an old reg, and therefore had a clue. You since then have proven yourself otherwise. I regret to inform you that all opinions you have on this forum have lost validity. At some point in the future I hope you can undue this. I played with you for a little while earlier and you seemed to be ok. I don't know if you are attempting to get in some sort of "battle of whits" with everyone, or if you are slightly smarter than a grapefruit. Either way, I will be playing ZM more than I have been, and I hope that you do not hold it against me for my realization of your idiocy.

Pl@YwithM3
02-18-2012, 01:11 AM
Up until you made an ass of yourself tonight I just thought you were an old reg, and therefore had a clue. You since then have proven yourself otherwise. I regret to inform you that all opinions you have on this forum have lost validity. At some point in the future I hope you can undue this. I played with you for a little while earlier and you seemed to be ok. I don't know if you are attempting to get in some sort of "battle of whits" with everyone, or if you are slightly smarter than a grapefruit. Either way, I will be playing ZM more than I have been, and I hope that you do not hold it against me for my realization of your idiocy.

:iagree:

Meltdown
02-18-2012, 06:04 AM
lol wth map can that be done on? XD

I think you can guess that in 1 try, Little town Fallen noted me to it he used that map to increase his scout kills because the cades are not breakable, and by shooting a zombie stuck ( many are to dumb to ztele out) you gain easily scout kills with less effort.

@ Rosie I'm not aware of all the maps of the cycle but With the maps that are waited to be added I can easily make 12 map rotation with 50/50 zm/ze without making people run away. The idea is just to have more different maps and not the same too oftend why do we have like 265 maps (not sure the exact number) and we only plat like 20% of them, that is just a total waste of great maps.

TheFallen927
02-18-2012, 06:06 AM
That cade is breakable i have seen it broken by the regs before:smirk:

We do not have all 315 maps becasue the maps crash the server,lag the server, have no cade spots or are completly impossible for zombies or humans.

Meltdown
02-18-2012, 08:03 AM
That cade is breakable i have seen it broken by the regs before:smirk:

We do not have all 315 maps becasue the maps crash the server,lag the server, have no cade spots or are completly impossible for zombies or humans.

Yep but if you play with reg the get the zombie stuck combo wouldn't aswel.

But We must get more different maps in the rotation and make it so you cannot play a map so much within a amount of time anymore, I think that is the best solution to all of this.

THE HOLY SH**T!
02-19-2012, 08:10 PM

:lmao:

It's fine and respectable to think that, zero best explained it as : "This is covered under the existing rule that states all cades that are impossible for a zombie to ever break are illegal."

Well since my cade was breakable and I was "bending the rule", I guess their is abosuletley no cades in a crouch spot with a single entrance, even if it's not blocking the entrance.

Yeah, I agree with with what Rosie said about those cades being breakable with trained zombies, but we definitely need to account that not all zombies are trained and WILL get in the way when trying to break them (thus making them NEAR to impossible to break).

Beachstrike is fine... don't hate on that map = (, The stairs you can make zombie train, the blue rooms typically get shot out by noobs, basement can be pulled out / pushed in with TEAMWORK, and I enjoy sitting on my rock in the water shooting away poisons and parachuting zombies haha.

What I really wanted to comment on though is the ranking system that Holy brought up. I agree that (no offense to anyone) the top ranks are a bit monopolized by the "deathmatch" type ranking system. Having an alternate ranking system or changing it to the noob,fan,...131337, master would give the recognition for survival/objective completion that I think a good deal of players would want. No, I don't want to simply jerk off in a cade for the duration of the round, but again I want to survive (which doesn't always happen when I am accompanied with other players). I guess I just want a way to get players to work together as opposed to fighting at odds ends when viewpoints differ. If I were cading with Wuman for instance, we both trust one another as cade proficient and will either back off or build the cade. How do we get this kind of trust/information to new players? Would this be offensive to new players that want to build the cades? Idk, just puttin' it out there.

Lastly, stop wasting thread space on fighting over whether or not little town is good or bad, we get there's a difference in map preferences, but I hate reading it over and over. Please stop you two >.<
-Chef

I agree with what green has had too say, I think that cade maps are more liked because they are easier to compete in and the mass appeal of shooting of zombies. Their is less team worked involved along with little diversity between cade maps, just the same type of cade's and situations over and over. I feel that the escapes offer variety and too win them, you need to involve teamwork and utilizing specific resources. I'm not saying all cade maps are any less challenging or anything less exciting, but the skill in diverse escape situations is far more impressive; then skill on repetitive cade maps.

toma
02-19-2012, 11:31 PM
:lmao:

It's fine and respectable to think that, zero best explained it as : "This is covered under the existing rule that states all cades that are impossible for a zombie to ever break are illegal."

Well since my cade was breakable and I was "bending the rule", I guess their is abosuletley no cades in a crouch spot with a single entrance, even if it's not blocking the entrance.

I agree with what green has had too say, I think that cade maps are more liked because they are easier to compete in and the mass appeal of shooting of zombies. Their is less team worked involved along with little diversity between cade maps, just the same type of cade's and situations over and over. I feel that the escapes offer variety and too win them, you need to involve teamwork and utilizing specific resources. I'm not saying all cade maps are any less challenging or anything less exciting, but the skill in diverse escape situations is far more impressive; then skill on repetitive cade maps.

man i thought i'd only be correcting kenneth....well here's the edit so it's short and to the point of ^

"I'M A GIANT TOOL!" :wtg:

THE HOLY SH**T!
02-20-2012, 12:44 PM
man i thought i'd only be correcting kenneth....well here's the edit so it's short and to the point of ^

"I'M A GIANT TOOL!" :wtg:

That was oh so very clever and witty...

try again but don't try too hard.

Steamer
02-22-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm talking when zmod was first introduced in ibis, before the time rank was based on "skill".

I know what your talking about, server tag plug-in based on hours played. I think you forget I have been around longer than yourself and at one point attributed more time to ZM than whore Blade does now. (Hi Blade. :icon_mrgreen: )

Meltdown
02-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Ok I want to add something, This morning again little town was up and fallen too. He complaining about how boring it all is but the way he is playing it makes boring for himself.

I don't know if stats manipulating is punishable but I'm concerned that when the number one of the ranking has 114 hours of online time on little town only (lol) I think it is time we go do something about this map and re do something about this whole ranking system.

I'm tired of these people yapping over how boring zm is while it is because of them we have to keep playing these crap maps

http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm_stats/player.php?id=214138

Edit:

The reason I bring this up now is because I'm trying to change something on the server, that is also the reason I made my group.

Look fallen I have nothing against you but like crishyoung you are number one that shouldn't be number one at all, you promote cowardly play style and increase the amount of time of playing maps no one likes. People who play for rank in general don't help as zombie at all because they are to afraid to die, this is holding the zombies who do want to catch people back and that is bad. Also ranking is becoming too imported also a reason to kick against it, it isn't imported at all because it doesn't show the best players it shows the most cowardly players in my opinion.

I want the server back where people don't hold back as zombie or as human, The reason why zombie mod has gone zZzzZZz is because no one dares to try sometimes we have to wait 2/3 minutes for round to end because no one tries, is this the way we want to play??? no I think not.

As far as I'm concerned I want people to play to the fullest and stop thinking if they die they do lose skill, this is what happening right now. For me ranking is a system that holds people back to play to the potential i will sum some things up that is very annoying atm and are indirect cause of rank whoring.

1. Only playing maps that is 95% certain u can kill allot and don't get caught and other maps filling spec

2. zombies going afk because they don't want to die or find it pointless to play, aka some maps are impossible cades or spots.

3. people who are not completing the objective on escape maps or go to spec to avoid the tagging process

4. admins who slay people for the reason they break a cade where in truth if admins wait abit longer people can come in, but no some people want to play alone and abuse the fact that they can easily fall back on cade breaking when someone get stuck in it.

5. too much nominations going to crap maps and always by the same people and even sometimes admins just pick the maps which is even more worse.

I admit I have played a amount of time for ranking to see how easily it is to gain, it is easy but the way is just to lousy and cheap. I realized by the way i played i ruined the fun of allot of people not because I'm the only one but because I set an example for others, and this is the tabou i want to break with making a zombie group and showing people that being zombie or dying isn't bad at all.

Halleluja for this wall of text

jaeeh
02-25-2012, 11:14 AM
I don't get why this thread is not closed, imo anyone who has a issue with the whole rank thing good or bad, cares somewhat about rankwhoring.
--
on a subnote - can't we just play for FUN PRIMARILY and think work on ranking for FUN as well? :3

Chef C Green
02-25-2012, 11:20 AM
3. people who are not completing the objective on escape maps or go to spec to avoid the tagging process

4. admins who slay people for the reason they break a cade where in truth if admins wait abit longer people can come in, but no some people want to play alone and abuse the fact that they can easily fall back on cade breaking when someone get stuck in it.

5. too much nominations going to crap maps and always by the same people and even sometimes admins just pick the maps which is even more worse.

Just wanna throw in my :twocents: on the three points above:

On the bit about not completing objectives on escape maps, we have this rule: During escape maps, humans must leave the spawn area and complete the map objective.. If someone is left camping on a map when all else are dead, I give them their warning and punish if they waste time for other players (as should be done I would think?). As for the going to spec, I'll personally do this on a map like rooftop escape because when I play the first round, we win, and that's as much fun as i'll get on that map in all seriousness... I'm looking forward to the new maps that will be a pleasure (hopefully) to play as opposed to a droning monotony that some of these maps have become.

The second point is also good to bring up. When I spawn on a cade map, I have about 30 seconds before a zombie spawns. It takes me anywhere from 10-40 seconds to build my final cade. Add into this fact the time it takes to get TO the spot. In summary, I generally don't have the time to wait for a bunch of humans to make up their minds to get in or go elsewhere, nor do I plan to. The only time I wait is typically if there are people within visible sight and if I'm not pressed for time (because again, no one knows who will be zombie, they could be close or they could be far). Maybe if we increased the time a bit (even an extra 15 seconds) this would change my opinion drastically. And for the record, I for one don't take kind to building a nice cade and having some player backstab me because they aren't willing to ztele and try to actually BREAK my cade as a zombie.

The bit on maps is a mute point IMO. Map rotation throws up things like LOTR maps, Boatescapes, AND little town just as much as players AND admins nominate those maps. It has always been the admins duty to respect the map changing ability and do it sparingly. As to WHAT maps they choose, it should in fact lean towards what's best for the server. Some people like escape maps like deathstar and voodoo. Others like maps with easy cades to make. If you want to set some ground rules on how we dictate map changes and what's best for server (ex: I usually ask for a few suggestions, and throw in one of my own and put up a vote), THAT is what should be addressed if you have complaints about this system (IMO anyway).

EDIT: And Jaeeh is right, this thread is just bickering about Little_town now between two individuals primarily. I said it earlier and I'll say it again, this kinda thing should be something settled over PM. +1 for closing this thread.

Meltdown
02-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Because no ones says it yes I'm freaking huge pain in the ass I know it, I'm probably not making many friends right now but I want to shake things up abit, because it seems it is just being ignored and it take ages to get this done. I know the upper hands have a life etc and probably much more imported things to do. But I do like to have some kind of statement from above form zero himself if could and some info if there is going to be done something soon.

If he just says sorry guys the next 5 months I can't do anything we at least know where we stand.

T3h tyrant
02-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Because no ones says it yes I'm freaking huge pain in the ass I know it, I'm probably not making many friends right now but I want to shake things up abit, because it seems it is just being ignored and it take ages to get this done. I know the upper hands have a life etc and probably much more imported things to do. But I do like to have some kind of statement from above form zero himself if could and some info if there is going to be done something soon.

If he just says sorry guys the next 5 months I can't do anything we at least know where we stand.

zombie mod is fine stop trying to change what isnt yours.. and for you bitching about little town 24/7 means nothing when that's your most played map and it's also where you have the most kills. Just chill the fuck out with your bitching all the time its honestly just a fucking game and you take this shit to heart just play the game and stfu. And for calling people out like that isnt cool if you gotta problem with someone just pm them no need to put them on the spot like that.

TheFallen927
02-25-2012, 01:01 PM
So what i gathered from this thread is it went from a good discussion to a thread filled with fail.

So from Melt's post earlier do you really think that venomous deserves 1st?

I will never wait for someone unless they are a good play beacuse i rather save 1 good teammate then 10 noobs due to the higher chance of survival.

So in your view us regs should let noobs in our cade and fuck it up and get everyone tag beacuse they have no idea what to do?

If you are implying i should not even be top10 then i suggest you keep your opinion to yourself.

Rosie
02-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm freaking huge pain in the ass I know it, I'm probably not making many friends right now but I want to shake things up abit.

Look dude, you have mentioned Little Town like 15 times in this thread. You have more playtime, and kills on that map than any other map. You are an admin if the map is that bad, just change it. Wait until the cades are built in the second round open console and enter Sm_vote "change this map" [spam] [yes] [no] Whoever senior is can then see what the server wants. If the server does not want irt changed then for the love of god leave the subject alone.

I am unsure what you want to return Ibis ZM to. You have this imaginary vision of of the ZM server being all about teamwork. Since I have been here I cannot remember that server existing. I can guess that the community you were in before was something like this, and you want to change this server to match your old one.

B] People who play for rank in general don't help as zombie at all because they are to afraid to die[/B
This is also so far from the truth. The thing is I am sure all of the top players have !ztele bound to a key so they dont have to type. I can attempt to break a cade until i have 1-200 health left and ztele out. Its not that I am afraid of dying, its that if I give myself a minute I will regain enough helth to try again. By the fact that you have never killed me in game you do not know this, but everything you have said to Fallen applies to me as well. Do I wait for noobs in my cade? NO! The objective of the game is to survive. If you are a zombie it is to ensure that the others do not. Being a high rank means you have to try even harder as a zombie. You realize I joined the server the other day on the last round. Killed 2 people as a zombie and lost points in the ranking system with a score of 2-0.

Just leave this subject alone, if we get new maps that is great, if not play the ones we have.

Bane of Soldiers
02-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Some of the opening posts had some substance, but lots of this went down in shit. Things that annoy me about the last few pages on this thread:

1. Rankwhoring has been a topic on these forums before. I doubt the general trend of decision is any different. We want to CURB abusive rankwhoring, not annihilate rankwhoring itself. That is impossible, plus it has been generally agreed upon that players may play in a fashion that is fun for them (I.e. those who like to play for rank). Cut the bad bud, don't uproot the entire plant.

2. Forcefully choosing what side you play on is the problem(spectate+zspawn). Selectively choosing what maps you play isn't a problem. People will play in a manner that they will enjoy. Get over yourself

3. The reason why 95% of zombies don't play till their death is because they don't want to be spectating for the last two and a half minutes. Duh?

4. Cading early and alone isn't even a point of discussion. The more people you have in a cade, the less control you have. Which means your chance of survival just dropped. Like tenfold. Cade breakers are breaking a cornerstone of ZM rules. They should be reprimanded and disciplined. So why go after people who are following the rules?

5. Honestly, there are very few impossible cades. Pain in the ass, yes. But saying impossible just makes you seem like a lazy ass

6. Don't flame. Singling someone out, commenting on their playing style, and making fun of how much time they spend on a map is low.

7. Basically, you're saying that ZM is no fun for you because everyone plays in a way they enjoy. Mmmm ok

Srry72
02-25-2012, 02:41 PM
I demand more hugs! We don't get enough hugs on the servers. I WANT MY DAMN HUGS!

Rosie
02-25-2012, 03:12 PM
I demand more hugs! We don't get enough hugs on the servers. I WANT MY DAMN HUGS!

:iagree::dumb:

Shadow_√II
02-25-2012, 03:33 PM
I have tacos instead of hugs :wtg:

Bane of Soldiers
02-25-2012, 04:20 PM
I have tacos instead of hugs :wtg:
:icon_mrgreen:

anex
02-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Littletown is getting removed soon as that was one of the things that was submitted to zero regarding the z20. He is going to be busy for the next two weeks. There is only so much you can do to zombie mod, in terms of regulations, without destroying and driving players away.

Changing the server starts with a community mindset. If you want to stop rankwhoring, then belittle people and make that the mindset a reality. You cant have zero, clan or ULA dictate maps people play or regulating playing behaviour in certain maps. There is a reason why we don't and that reason should be fairly obvious.

If there is not a realistic discussion in this thread soon, its going to get closed!

Pl@YwithM3
02-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Littletown is getting removed soon as that was one of the things that was submitted to zero regarding the z20.

If there is not a realistic discussion in this thread soon, its going to get closed!

best news iv heard in weeks. close it nao!! :wtg:

brett friggin favre
02-25-2012, 07:47 PM
i think that the zmod server can be summed up in one post:

there is a 6+ page thread about rank whoring. and it is all absolutely nothing but 100% grade a, certified, award-winning, farenheit-451 flaming bullshit.

anex
02-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Ill just go ahead and...

//CLOSED