PDA

View Full Version : B-Hopping (ok or frowned upon)

Chef C Green
02-19-2012, 12:01 PM
So I typically play in zmod, occasionally the gg server. My CSS play started with surf maps and bhop maps though where I quickly learned the Scrollwheel bind for jump. Doing this, you can A) not have stupid sticky keys come up on your screen when you over press the pre-set shift key, and B) it gives me the ability to bhop. With all the talk about scripting though, I am beginning to question whether the +jump is considered scripting? Is this bind not aloud? If not, would just binding jump (no +) be acceptable? And if none of the above is ok, is b-hopping in general not aloud (or if so, in what form?).

On an objective note: Bhopping does give a legit lead in speed when playing escape maps, though I've found as long as humans are watching their backs (shoot a bhopper even once), it makes them stop and need to get speed back up. IMO I find it's not a big deal, but again want to verify this before it becomes an issue?
-Chef

EDIT: Looking at another post about same type of bind, I found this posted by Cyber in the "is this considered scripting?" thread.

after lkooking around, i noticed that the binding does not affect anything in my gaming, it's only a bind to change my controls. it's like going into my control settings between games and changing them all at once and playing, so technically it is not a cheat.
I believe that solves for everyone?
/closed.

If another clan member or higher level admin could verify this I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks!

brett friggin favre
02-20-2012, 01:32 PM
binding is perfectly fine. the only thing we don't allow is bhop scripting (permaban material). so as long as you don't do that, you're fine.

i speak from experience in the ibis servers apart from zmod. i don't touch that place with a 1000 ping pole. read here: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6901-Strafe-Jumping-on-Escape-Maps?highlight=bhop

BladeTwinSwords
02-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Actually bhop scripting is one of the few things that isn't directly permabannable but it will still net you a ban for a while.

brett friggin favre
02-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Actually bhop scripting is one of the few things that isn't directly permabannable but it will still net you a ban for a while.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/8066-tehfudge-1-21-11-5pm-EST-STEAM_0-1-32404257

perma'd without a poll after admitting to bhop scripting. though his stats were a clear indication of aim assist as well, i'm thinking it was the admittance of scripting that got him perma'd. thing about scripting vs. binding is that with scripting, you have more control and can aim much better while doing it than binding, so you move faster, are harder to shoot, and can still shoot just fine, which is an unfair advantage just as much as wallhacks, aimbot, aim assist, etc.

Chef C Green
02-20-2012, 06:32 PM
thing about scripting vs. binding is that with scripting, you have more control and can aim much better while doing it than binding, so you move faster, are harder to shoot, and can still shoot just fine, which is an unfair advantage just as much as wallhacks, aimbot, aim assist, etc.

This is great, thanks. Honestly I was just unclear with what differs "scripting" from "binds" and you pretty much straightened out my concerns. Greatly appreciate both of your feedbacks = )
-Chef

anex
02-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Bhoping is fine with binds. However using them in the forms of a script is not allowed. As steamer said in that other thread, its pretty easy to tell when someone is scripting. Binding them on the mouse wheel is fine.

//Closed