PDA

View Full Version : @ZERO ADMINS! Stop playing Dragon Fly! ?

CYBER
02-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Ok, so most of us got the memo that DragonFly has been crashing the server constantly (if not immediately, then its effect is felt later maps or smthn). I HAVE PERSONALLY CRASHED THE SERVER MYSELF accidentally when i didnt know about it... So don't tell me " it's an urban legend..."
What's the current status about using DragonFly?

I was told that people shouldnt play dragonfly anymore until zero fixes it. And i am REALLY trying my best to enforce this rule that I was given by some Uppers and others...

But I would have to ask all other admins around : FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, .... STOP PLAYING THAT RACE YOU TOO!... you're setting up an example of rebellion among the players...

I dont know about u, but i hate telling people "dnt play the race and its ultimate, it will crash the server...." , just to be treated as a hypocryte when "some" admins keep playing that race WITH the ultimate as well...
If there's a rule about it , i strongly recommend clan or Zero give a statement and a possible punishment for such people who deliberately disregard my words after being warned many times...

If we can play it, please confirm so, I would also like to play the race, not deny myself the race by loyalty, when others are leveling it like never before...

ZERO
02-21-2012, 03:41 AM
I used it the other day for about an hour or so without issue...

You get the left hand glitch at spawn sometimes and then it crashes right? If this is the case I should be able to release a program that will patch it without me needing to remake the entire race.

Dj panda
02-21-2012, 04:07 AM
You can use dragon fly at your own risk, i still need 8 levels. Just dont spam the ultimate.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-21-2012, 05:34 AM
.. i highly doubt the race and its over use of the ultimate is why the server crashes, as the server would randomly crash back to Dust_2 even before dragonfly was a race in the server. To create a rule about not playing a race is well, making up a rule. You know better. Lastly.. admins playing dragonfly and showing players about rebellion? wtf are you talking about.....

CYBER
02-21-2012, 03:11 PM
.. i highly doubt the race and its over use of the ultimate is why the server crashes, as the server would randomly crash back to Dust_2 even before dragonfly was a race in the server. To create a rule about not playing a race is well, making up a rule. You know better. Lastly.. admins playing dragonfly and showing players about rebellion? wtf are you talking about.....
Mikey. I wasnt the one creating a rule about not playing a race. I was told by blade and many others that the race's ultimate was leading to crashes, heck it happened to me too on dolls when i used the ultimate way too much... I was t making a rule, i was followin the one given to me by higher level people.
And about the rebellion thing it goes like this:
Cyber: plz dnt play dragonfly people, im told it crashes the server.
*people listen and stop playing it*
*some admin comes and keeps playing it regardless of my instructions*
*people get pissed at me and start playing the race too callin me a hypocrite*
*server chances of crashing increases when an idiot spams ultimate, like i did.*
zero, the crash is mostly on rats maps. My crash happened when i was falling from bookcase and used my ultimate in mid air, off the ground, and then it crashed the whole game.

Back to my point, regardless of the validity of the rule i was told to follow, you do not question the word of an admin in game. You take it to steam or on forums like i just did. U dnt deliberately disobey a 'ruling' ( im not gonna say RULE, bcos ony zero/clan makes the rules) in front of all the players in game, thus questioning the credibility of an admin in front of players. I strongly suggest u understand what im trying to say mikey. It's a matter of principle.

And so zero? Can i tell players they can go back to playing the race ? At the risk of crash? Or keep them waiting?

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Your game crashing is unrelated to wcs specificly, majority of wcs server crashes happen on a few specific maps, that is all. These maps are specific maps the server has always crashed on any given times in a day. The race may be a cause of a crash or two but it can't possibly be the culprit for all server crashes. furthermore, the race is not restricted as it is currently in the server for all to play. The left handed glitch has also been a bug that has been around before dragonfly.

Here is what will happen, crashes will continue and when a new race Like Santa is released it will end up being that races fault for the crashes that have been going on since the begining our bc to ad wcs legacy. Just be thankful that the person in charge of the server is as dedicated as he is regarding maintaining the server.

CYBER
02-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Im sure he is mikey.U dnt have to story-tell me all the shit that was on wcs. I was in wcs even before the server update.I know about all those glitches. What in sayin is: if i was told the race is crashing the server too, i could ignore that and keep playing till it does. Or i could put it temporary on hold (like the uppers who told me to stop playing dragofly myself, and tell others not to do so too) so that zero gives us his all mighty wisdome.I know crashes are always around, but until i hear it from zero or clan himself that the race is playable, i cant chose to chose YOUR word mikey, over the upper's word. Even vice versa. Hence the post.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Bottom line, he said she said rule making is not and has never been an acceptable form of rule making and enforcement. Until said otherwise here on the forums in its proper rule thread. It is not a rule no disengage a playable race from the server. Feel free to avoid playing the race and encourage others not to based on your belief but do not enforce it.

CYBER
02-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Bottom line, he said she said rule making is not and has never been an acceptable form of rule making and enforcement. Until said otherwise here on the forums in its proper rule thread. It is not a rule no disengage a playable race from the server. Feel free to avoid playing the race and encourage others not to based on your belief but do not enforce it.
rules are one thing. And precautions instructed by higher people until Zero makes a statement, are another.
But anyways, in that case, until Zero tells me other wise, im gonna go level my dragonfly until the server bends down to me and i crash it up its ass :wtg:

maynard
02-21-2012, 05:39 PM
every one can play it.

the server crashes plenty, stop putting it on dragon fly... zero also stated it did nothing crash worthy for him in an hour of gameplay, which is basically him saying go ahead and play it...

I'm sure if he felt it was a serious issue, he would of stated 2 not play it. no one should be telling others 2 not play it.

-end

CYBER
02-21-2012, 05:40 PM
every one can play it.

the server crashes plenty, stop putting it on dragon fly... zero also stated it did nothing crash worthy for him in an hour of gameplay, which is basically him saying go ahead and play it...

I'm sure if he felt it was a serious issue, he would of stated 2 not play it. no one should be telling others 2 not play it.

-end

is cool.
let the fun begin.

maynard
02-21-2012, 05:43 PM
is cool.
let the fun begin.

you must be new, WCS has always been fun :smirk: