PDA

View Full Version : The Almighty Block function...

Chef C Green
02-21-2012, 09:52 PM
As most of you know, the command "!block" can be used by anyone on the zmod server (regardless of whether the map has block or noblock active). This function can serve it's purposes (ex: Spamming this command while a zombie allows for multiple zombies to form a line and move into a crouch spot if noblock is active), as well hinder play (ex: Blocking players from getting on boats, into teleporters, onto trucks, etc. on various escape maps before those pre-set obstacles are activated). The latter can inhibit players from completing the objective, and in some cases being killed by a zombie or death.

In the past this kind of "play" has been funny at most times, and really hasn't posed many problems. However, when players begin to use this command to constantly inhibit players from completing objectives, it stops being funny and looks more like a form of teamkilling. IMO we should put something in the rules to inhibit EXCESSIVE use of this command (again, getting rid of it would hinder blocking out players once cades have reached maximum capacity (i.e. tubes, vents, etc) and stops zombies from using one another as leverage).
-Chef

maynard
02-21-2012, 09:53 PM
I thought zero disabled it like a month or 2 ago?

Rosie
02-21-2012, 10:23 PM
It was disabled on GG,on ZM different maps have different settings. Escape maps have it off, while cade maps have it on. The use of it in Escape maps can help, but should not be used to hinder. It is slayable/bannable since it is illegal per the rules. If blocking cause others to die it is against the rules.

Chef C Green
02-21-2012, 10:30 PM
If blocking cause others to die it is against the rules.

Yeah, I always took this to be rather leniently so as not to include ppl blocking off trucks or boats because they can always walk it. However, in that sense I guess a warning then if continued go to a slay/kick.

But also, those people spamming it to make people fall off boats, helicopters, waterwheels, those things fall in that same category (annoying, but still not killing people technically). If you jump while using it on one of those things, you can push people off the boat in some cases (a glitch that has never fully been fixed).

maynard
02-21-2012, 10:31 PM
It was disabled on GG,on ZM different maps have different settings. Escape maps have it off, while cade maps have it on. The use of it in Escape maps can help, but should not be used to hinder. It is slayable/bannable since it is illegal per the rules. If blocking cause others to die it is against the rules.

ahhhh i c

THE HOLY SH**T!
02-22-2012, 07:12 PM
sounds good :wtg: will help when some moron sits at the top of a ladder or prevents me from completeing an objective; thanks for the headsup.