PDA

View Full Version : ZE map timers

Meltdown
02-22-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm curios someone came up with this last night.

There are some ZE maps with a timer which isn't really working for the map because it ends too soon (aka ze_jurresicapark). Is there a way to make ZE rounds have a timer of max 10 min or no timer at all, so you can only end the round when you reach the goal or when everyone is zombined.

I know that coding and stuff is hard etc but I'm wondering what people think of this.

Chef C Green
02-22-2012, 08:47 AM
ze_ApertureScience_final is the only other map I can think of that this problem arises where time runs out before humans reach the safe spot and zombies are nuked. Although a 10min map time may fix this problem and not hinder other maps. Ones like ze_trainescape_b3 where the map "nuke" doesn't always kill the zombies (ex: For trainescape, you can hold out in the tree-house or shoot zombies off the train until the time runs out if nuke doesn't kill them). Perhaps just extending the map duration for Jurassic Park Escape and Aperture Science would be a possibility?
-Chef

Rosie
02-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Apeture, and Minecraft both need the time increased to 9 minutes to complete the map. There use to be an admin command to do this, but I cannot remember it, nor do I know if we have access. The best solution would be to pick the specific map, and form a configure thread about the map. If you put all escapes to 10 minutes I will join on maps that you can camp on, and hide for the whole 10 minutes. Just saying.

anex
02-22-2012, 10:37 PM
If map settings need to be configured differently, then post that information here (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/2027-Official-ZM-map-settings-thread) so Zero can do updates.

Also, when we switched to sourcemod, did admins lose the ability to change the round time?

Rosie
02-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Honestly I can't remember the command to try. (Any help out there)

anex
02-22-2012, 10:48 PM
It used to be that we would use mp_roundtime

Try sm_settime or sm_roundtime

FAil Boat
02-23-2012, 02:02 AM
Most maps have a code in them to change the round time to the necessary length. Jurrasic park doesn't have this since it's not a finished map. Idk about aperture though. But I agree I did notice these 2 maps ending too soon. I just assumed aperture didn't have a nuke lol.