PDA

View Full Version : Weapon question (check screen)

Meltdown
02-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Since i had my pc crash I'm slowly downloading my old skins again, i found a skin on game banana which i found sweet but it got some kind of red beamer on it which doesn't go very far but anyway there is no risk using this skin or getting involved with valve or anything? I'm kinda chicken on this sort of stuff and i don't want to be recognized as hacker or some sort.

Chikun
02-22-2012, 04:03 PM
That's fine dude. The only problem really with laser sights is people use them for weapons like the scout so they can no-scope easier. I'm not sure though if let's say I'm using that weapon if you can see my laser on the walls or w/e. That would be bad.

Also, that's a pretty cool skin there.

Meltdown
02-22-2012, 04:16 PM
That's fine dude. The only problem really with laser sights is people use them for weapons like the scout so they can no-scope easier. I'm not sure though if let's say I'm using that weapon if you can see my laser on the walls or w/e. That would be bad.

Also, that's a pretty cool skin there.

Ok thanks, yes i love it also got one for tmp and ak47 and eagle.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-22-2012, 05:08 PM
does the laser appear on the world model, or just the viewmodel?

since that's not a scout/awp, the laser doesn't really matter much, but if it's visible on the w_model then that's considered a barrel hack

Meltdown
02-22-2012, 05:12 PM
does the laser appear on the world model, or just the viewmodel?

since that's not a scout/awp, the laser doesn't really matter much, but if it's visible on the w_model then that's considered a barrel hack

If you mean you can see a dot on the walls etc no, but you can see other players with it and also on when it is dropped on the ground i can post a link to the where i got it from.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-22-2012, 05:29 PM
If you mean you can see a dot on the walls etc no, but you can see other players with it and also on when it is dropped on the ground i can post a link to the where i got it from.

i mean the beam. can you see the red beam extending out from the gun in the world model, or just the player model?

maynard
02-22-2012, 05:32 PM
can you see the red beam extending out from the gun in the world model, or just the player model?

player model

acolyte_to_jippity
02-22-2012, 05:36 PM
player model

he never said that, and was unclear when i asked. he talked about the dot, but not the beam. unless you know the exact skin he's referring to

Meltdown
02-22-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm not into all the terms but here is the model

http://www.gamebanana.com/css/skins/35888

acolyte_to_jippity
02-22-2012, 05:49 PM
that's not the same skin...is it?

that one has a different mag, scope, and doesn't have the red laser beam.

basically, if the gun is being held by someone else, can you see the red beam coming out of it? or not?

BladeTwinSwords
02-22-2012, 05:50 PM
If the laser is visible on other players guns, then it is not allowed. If the laser only shows when you are holding the gun, then it's fine.

For scouts, the same applies above but the laser must also not move when you are moving. A static dot for the scout would be fair enough since you can just put a dot on your screen anyways.

Meltdown
02-22-2012, 05:54 PM
that's not the same skin...is it?

that one has a different mag, scope, and doesn't have the red laser beam.

basically, if the gun is being held by someone else, can you see the red beam coming out of it? or not?

no you can't

Rosie
02-22-2012, 10:39 PM
I thought it was said somewhere that skins that give you an advantage are illegal on our servers. I would only see this happening, on a scout. If the laser illuminates the enemy wouldn't that be an advantage?

acolyte_to_jippity
02-23-2012, 12:44 AM
I thought it was said somewhere that skins that give you an advantage are illegal on our servers. I would only see this happening, on a scout. If the laser illuminates the enemy wouldn't that be an advantage?

think about what i was asking. if a gun has a long-ass glowey red stick coming out of the barrel...think it might be easy to see around the corner?

also, look at retarded sith, and why he was tossed out

Nemesis
02-23-2012, 01:02 AM
I've used that skin before, no the dot doesn't show up on walls or players, and it's very hard to even see when someone who isn't you has it out.

CYBER
02-23-2012, 03:36 AM
yeah i looked this up.
The skin basically has a red dot on the screen, the lazer is only viewed in first player view. You can see the dot if u are in first-person view specing someone else too, but u cannot see the lazer if you are looking at someone in third person view.
I think thats what aco was worried about.

As for the skin, then blade pretty much summed it up. Many people have a dot on their screen, heck i did that for a while a year ago where i split my screen in 4 quadrants with 2 perpendicular and very thin strings. But i removed that bcos it was getting annoying when watching a movie, and i wouldnt do such horrors to my awesome TV screen i play on now:P

The lazer should NOT be a dynamic lazer, as in a lazer that moves around when a target is acquired, bcos that would basically be "somewhat" be treated an ESP (as in u know where ppl are bcos of the lazer).
For a static lazer? doesnt really matter as far as i know, bcos the scout doesnt shoot directly at that lazer anyway. if u stand still and shoot with a lazer pointed at something. it will still shoot around that dot by a 5-10 pixels or so... needless to say its worse when walking, so SKILL is still needed to shoot the scouts and shit nway, bcos it doesnt affect the shot itself, but the player's eye-sight, just like a dot on the screen that 90% of players do anyway, until they get the hang of the scout.