PDA

View Full Version : Map in progress!

FAil Boat
02-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Hey as some of you already know I'm currently making a map. I've wanted to for years but always find some excuse to put it off lol. The name is going to be zm_freewayapocalypse
Themed off large multi lane roads at a random exit with a gas station and some houses maybe a barn. I've got an epic idea for putting tubes in it that involves a crashed semi. Anywho I don't wanna give too much away but I posted this thread so that once I have screenshots and shit I'll post it here and yall can comment on it. Critisizm is always welcome and feel free to post ideas or whatever! I'm inexperienced with hammer so it may take me a while. Any pro's should lemme know if im doing something wrong. <3

Also if I get this one done I thought of maybe doing an airport themed one. Dunno if that has been done to an acceptable level or not.

So yeah the map is at about 5% completion. Mainly have the floor done and a semi. Trying to get references for distance and stuff so i dont make doors too small etc.. I am super excited! I'm going to make it as balanced as possible, like not a zombie or human sided map. This will be difficult especially with my lack of experience but who knows I could get lucky!

P.S. I hate the afk manager in zm... I like having background noise when im working on it but I have to tab over every 5 minutes or so. #randombitching

Oh and I forgot to specify. It will be a cade map!! Escapes are way too overplayed and imo would be harder to make. Maybe in the future lol.

FAil Boat
02-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Screenshots! Today has been a pain in my ass. I try things and they don't work so then i take twice as long troubleshooting. I'm about 7% of the way done.
http://i.imgur.com/zBBp3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MfyRq.jpg
Yes that is a GT500 ^.^ Thanks to Nataly or something from fpsbanana. I did not make it lol. Copy paste ftw. How's the road look? There's only 1 direction atm. As I said it's been such a pain in the ass. I have to figure out what everything is supposed to be saved as and named and whatnot. compile errors and file not found errors I almost rage deleted it. But I am determined!

acolyte_to_jippity
02-23-2012, 09:22 PM
ummm, that should be a delorean.

otherwise, it looks nice for a perfectly flat area w/ a road

FAil Boat
02-23-2012, 09:42 PM
That's all it is atm lol. It won't be for long. And I'd make a dalorean but I am not that good at making cool stuff. =p

jaeeh
02-24-2012, 01:28 PM
im sure failboat has got some awesome stuff for us, can't wait to play it/test it!

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-24-2012, 02:31 PM
What do I need to download, ill make you some stuff.

FAil Boat
02-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Link to progress album (http://imgur.com/a/7Wy49#2)

NEW SCREENIES! Check out the album! ^
I'm just using source sdk so if you were srs just download it from your steam "tools" library. :3 It's not been a very enjoyable experience so far. If I could spend more time mapping than troubleshooting I'd be able to whip this shit up so fast. But hammer crashes more than those crazy azns.

Next I'll likely be putting in an exit ramp. On top of which there will be crashed vehicles and such. Gonna throw in a barn too and a farmhouse. :D I need to make a flatbed trailor semi as well. Sigh so much to do!

FAil Boat
02-26-2012, 02:02 AM
link to new screenies (http://imgur.com/a/7Wy49#5)

Updated! :3

anex
02-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Looks like it is coming along. Cant wait to see the finished product. :wtg:

T3h tyrant
02-29-2012, 01:48 AM
failboat make me my own special secret room that no one but me and you will know about XD and on the wall put tyrants the best :icon_mrgreen: haha

jaeeh
02-29-2012, 12:20 PM
failboat make me my own special secret room that no one but me and you will know about xd and on the wall put tyrants the best :icon_mrgreen: Haha
omg me too! :3

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Yesssss me to, make my name big so that everyone knows my secret spot.......

T3h tyrant
02-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Yesssss me to, make my name big so that everyone knows my secret spot.......

yes big letters too. thanks for the idea mikey but failboat im sure you know SECRET rooms usually have a tele or something leading to them so please big letters put tyrants the best

Rosie
02-29-2012, 03:09 PM
yes big letters too. thanks for the idea mikey but failboat im sure you know SECRET rooms usually have a tele or something leading to them so please big letters put tyrants the best

I agree Giant letters that say "Tyrant is the best! 1.71"

Thats my KDR on Tyrant, With that included I completely agree with his own room.

T3h tyrant
02-29-2012, 03:13 PM
I agree Giant letters that say "Tyrant is the best! 1.71" Thats my KDR on Tyrant

LOL :banghead:

FAil Boat
02-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Haha as much as I'd love to make tons of secrets I'd prefer not to have all of them in this map. :p I'll have to make another map. ZM_IBISHOMIES lol

Bane of Soldiers
02-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Oh make sure there's a sign somewhere that says Teh Tyrant's mom is Bane's bitch. :smirk:

Pl@YwithM3
02-29-2012, 10:34 PM
bitch wher'a mah soccer balls!! :pics:

jaeeh
03-05-2012, 05:19 PM
update your photos!! :D

T3h tyrant
03-26-2012, 09:50 PM
fail boat lets see how the map is coming along update some pictures

jaeeh
04-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Where ist his map you promised

Pl@YwithM3
04-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Where ist his map you promised
its slowly being transitioned into a WCS map; he just hasnt fessed up yet :violin:

blackmail242
04-12-2012, 09:11 AM
its slowly being transitioned into a WCS map; he just hasnt fessed up yet :violin: Because he realized that WCS is more worthy than ZM for this map of epic :P and if its not epic you can have it....