PDA

View Full Version : Full rules posted?

blackmail242
02-29-2012, 01:20 AM
Ok before someone posts "You're retarded theres a wcs rules forum already" I want to clarify that I am asking for an Official posting of ALL the rules. Not the hand full that are listed by maynard as a rough draft. The reason being that I find people are being told alot "this is in the rules" such as not killing yourself to deny others exp. I searched the rules today and could not find it. If it isn't a rule fine, but I still ask for a full listing of rules. This includes the Old server rules that are still in effect. :/ only reason I am asking is because I am sick of coming in and hearing either a player or an admin saying this is a rule when I can't find such things being listed. Lastly if these rules could in someway be brought up on the server that would be great since alot of new players get confussed when there are such arguments about these "rules".

maynard
02-29-2012, 01:26 AM
the rules are not a rough draft, they are the server rules....

blackmail242
02-29-2012, 01:31 AM
I have been told there are rules for the old server that are not posted with the wcs rules.

maynard
02-29-2012, 01:34 AM
those have been the rules for going on 3 years now... they have been changed a couple times 2 keep up with the times... but they have basically always been the same, and it's always been the same post.

the "old WCS" or "old server" simply refers 2 before valve broke WCS when they did their major update... which made us have 2 reprogram all the races again. the rules have always basically been the same and like I said, that post has always been there, and the actual rules for the server.

blackmail242
02-29-2012, 02:13 AM
Alright thank you for clearing that up. Next is there a way to post those rules up on the server? like when you type "next" and get the next 10 people in front of you in rank, or type "top10" and get the top players of theserver. This way its available to those playing ingame rather than finding it on the forums so as to provide for a quick rebuttle when in a dispute with an admin or fellow player.

ZERO
02-29-2012, 02:40 AM
IT may be possible to make the form thread load in the motd but as an ingame menu would be difficult to implement due to rule changes.

What may be best is to make a command that defaults to the rules thread in the forums and then add links to that thread for individual server rules so users can see the general rules and the individual server rules more easily.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-29-2012, 03:09 AM
Alright thank you for clearing that up. Next is there a way to post those rules up on the server? like when you type "next" and get the next 10 people in front of you in rank, or type "top10" and get the top players of theserver. This way its available to those playing ingame rather than finding it on the forums so as to provide for a quick rebuttle when in a dispute with an admin or fellow player.

simple, if anyone starts saying rules, you tell them to read the rules topic first. if they refuse, and continue to claim rules, you get maynard, blade, or me.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-29-2012, 05:59 AM
simple, if anyone starts saying rules, you tell them to read the rules topic first. if they refuse, and continue to claim rules, you get maynard, blade, or me.

bahahaha get you?
pssh black you get me!

i have no problem telling an admin who thinks making up rules is an acceptable form of rule enforcing, that they are a moron.

The biggest argument you will receive from a player or admin is that the rule they made up is actually a rule that's been around a long time. They will proceed to put words into ula and clans mouth regarding these made up rules. For example, players being told they can not ward the house on militia nolag. That rule does not exist.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-29-2012, 11:26 AM
bahahaha get you?
pssh black you get me!

i have no problem telling an admin who thinks making up rules is an acceptable form of rule enforcing, that they are a moron.

The biggest argument you will receive from a player or admin is that the rule they made up is actually a rule that's been around a long time. They will proceed to put words into ula and clans mouth regarding these made up rules. For example, players being told they can not ward the house on militia nolag. That rule does not exist.

regular players i'll fuck up, and admins i'll go and get blade or maymay. i have no illusions as to being more than i am, mickey.

Chikun
02-29-2012, 02:34 PM
For example, players being told they can not ward the house on militia nolag. That rule does not exist.

Orly?

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Orly? yes rere.

Edit: if you're having ward problems, i feel bad for ya son, I got 99 problems but the rules ain't one.

blackmail242
02-29-2012, 04:23 PM
While that would be an extreme case that I fear I'll have to do I'd rather try to handle it in a civil manor before asking for a higher level admin coming in to correct the individual. That is also due to the availability of the ULA or Clan needed to settle said dispute. :/

maynard
02-29-2012, 04:30 PM
between my home PC and my phone that has steam... I'm like almost always on.

feel free 2 add me @ maynard <ibis>

blackmail242
02-29-2012, 07:05 PM
between my home PC and my phone that has steam... I'm like almost always on.

feel free 2 add me @ maynard <ibis>

I have (re)added you. I did last week (and I had you as a friend prior to my hiatus). I had also requested (to no avail) for you to come in and resolve one of these arguments at most a few nights ago.

Steamer
02-29-2012, 07:14 PM

Or me... Asshole.

And mikey... while true about the wards, it gets troublesome in that house... as the hosties are close to about all that can be warded and many a times I see people blocking all paths out the house unknowingly (as 2 warders are on team), and warding hosties from the top. This maps house is troublesome. Maynard may want to look at it. mil_nolag

maynard
02-29-2012, 08:49 PM
that map has been on the server since the get go, I'm well aware of it :wtg:

accidental full path blocking happens on every map from time 2 time... it's accidental, it happens. and that house is big enough you can ward it without causing 2 much hell and or blocking the hosties. it's always been allowed.

Steamer
02-29-2012, 09:04 PM
True, more of a player problem. I love warding that door next to them though... for lols.

Hiding between them while on Void is also great for lols.