PDA

View Full Version : Please help: Cannot download zombie mod in game, very frustrated

Lycanstyle
02-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Hello all,

I have been trying to join an IBIS zombie server in CSS for the past few days, and I am so tired of the download not finishing. I even left the computer on over night and the download never finished in the morning. Can someone please tell me where I can download the zombie mod? Or can someone email me the zipfiles please?

Thank you.

Pl@YwithM3
03-01-2012, 11:57 AM
two things come to my mind when i read this: A) zero recently dissabled fast d.l to improve the its speed, but its already been re-enabled.. B) we also just added 33 new maps to the server, so all of those will already take much longer to download than maps you have already Pl@Yed on before. still doesnt explain why it never loaded at all though when you waited so long. could be something on your end maybe? im sure someone else here knows the link to downloading our maps that you could use, i dont know it ;z

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Solution 1: allow downloads from console, the command should be something like allow_downloads 1 or somthing.

Solution two: manually download the map from gamebananas.com

Lycanstyle
03-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't think Fast DL is enabled :(
I joined a bunch of other servers to check if there's something wrong on my end, and I download maps, skins, etc from other servers very quickly.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Did you try my solutions.....

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Try sv_ allowdownload 1 in console.

If it dosnt help, leave game and delete your cstrike folder. Proceed by booting up your game and trying again. Do these things, then report back here.

Lycanstyle
03-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Tried both.. still same results :(

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Took literally over ten minutes just to see one white bar appear on the download screen.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Tried both.. still same results :(

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Took literally over ten minutes just to see one white bar appear on the download screen.

Are you dling anything else? Restart your modem and router?

Other wise I really don't know what it is. If it was the server you would think it would collectively effect everybody. Sense the update on dl speeds everyone's been happy. I suppose we wait for someone like zero to reply as Oct given you as much as I know to help.

Lycanstyle
03-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Don't think it has anything to do with my modem or router. I have a very fast internet. I've asked a friend of mine to join the server with me as well. He said the downloads are taking unusually long for him as well.

Thanks for all the help though! I really appreciate it

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Don't think it has anything to do with my modem or router. I have a very fast internet. I've asked a friend of mine to join the server with me as well. He said the downloads are taking unusually long for him as well.

Thanks for all the help though! I really appreciate it

Have you gotten any error messages during any of your attempts?

Lycanstyle
03-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Nope never.

Rosie
03-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Where are you located? My internet is just so-so and I can stil lget a map in about a minute.

Nemesis
03-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Ya I've had the same problem on GG. It depends on the map, sometimes it comes up sometimes not. It's started ever since Zero started fucking with things.

Lycanstyle
03-02-2012, 01:44 AM
Okay just got my first few error messages today. I left my computer on for a few hours, seems like I downloaded most files until the bar is about to each the end, then it says "Missing map" blah blah blah with the map name towards the end. And it disconnects :S

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-02-2012, 06:37 AM
Okay just got my first few error messages today. I left my computer on for a few hours, seems like I downloaded most files until the bar is about to each the end, then it says "Missing map" blah blah blah with the map name towards the end. And it disconnects :S exactly as I suspected, tour getting a .bsp error. Essentially what it means is the file is to big for you to download and it can be fixed by changing some settings via console. I'll post here with the commands as I need to close window to find them, stupid phone.

Ok in console type net_maxfilesize 99 and sv_allowdownload 1 and cl_allowdownload 1

If these commands don't work, the problem lies out side of css. Steam uses ie for Its defualt browser for downloads. So if you have it set to offline mode, that would pose problems when trying to dl maps via the server. Try the following fix

. Make sure you have Internet Explorer on your computer.
2. Make sure Internet Explorer is your default browser. (Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > Programs > Click "make default".)
3. While you are still in the Internet Options box click the Connections tab.
4. Click LAN settings/proxy settings.
5. Click "Automatically detect settings

Lycanstyle
03-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Tried all of that.
The map download gets about to half, then the same error message pops up :S

A20
03-17-2012, 10:12 AM
I have the same problem. I used to play in the server fine. But now It takes ages(hours) to download and I used the net_maxfilesize 99 and sv_allowdownload 1 and cl_allowdownload 1. I just give up because it takes hours to complete anything

I can view the server like this....

http://i.imgur.com/ZEhtyl.jpg (http://imgur.com/ZEhty)

Speedtest

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1839729076.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Is there an issue to the network in Montreal?

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit fully patched, also flushed my iptables and it's forsure not my firewall.

I'm not going to sit there forever and download each one. Do you have a already pre-packed mappack with your custom skins? Because skins take hours also to download.

It's only this server. The others work fine and download right away. :[

It downloads the map very slow like this.

http://i.imgur.com/STX2L.jpg

Then after its done it gets stuck on the skins. <- this is where I give up it never gets done

http://i.imgur.com/rYJkF.jpg

I also formated my PC and re-downloaded a fresh copy of CSS and still wont work

EDIT: You know what I just thought about something. I just started to use IPv6 and this is when the problem started. I guess the server you guys own doesn't work well with IPv6?

EDIT AGAIN: Turned off IPv6 but made no difference, so I'm all out of ideas.

T3h tyrant
03-18-2012, 01:16 AM
i tried to get my buddy to come and play today he also couldnt get ingame...

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-18-2012, 09:33 AM
it should be working now as this is all sourced from an issue with downloading .bsp maps. is it still acting strange?

A20
03-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Yeah I'm still having issues, I asked my buddy to join it just to make sure it wasn't just me and he said it was taking too long to download. Just like me it's not just the .bz2 and .bsp file, it's every file taking very very long to download.

I went to the ibis gun game server(208.43.70.233:27015) and got the same problem.

I went into the regular ibis server(208.43.70.232:27015) and it works no problem. I guess it has nothing to download that's why.

ZERO
03-18-2012, 10:56 AM
I think what may have occured is that files got corrupted in the moves. I will clear my system and see what occurs when I try to dl. I may need to dl all the content from all the servers and then recompress and reupload.

ZERO
03-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Strange, I deleted all the files on my comptuer and everything dl just fine. I downloaded a large map and all the skins in 2min 30seconds.

I will try some more tests to determine why this is occuring only to some users.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Clients may also want to try "cl_downloadfilter none"

T3h tyrant
03-18-2012, 12:45 PM
my friend that tried to join has played before but ever since he got a new computer he cant get into zmod

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-18-2012, 02:12 PM
It is only effecting a select few people which is why i dont think it is server side.

A20
03-18-2012, 02:41 PM
When I put in "cl_downloadfilter none" It just throws error when downloading any map

So I changed it back to "cl_downloadfilter all" and it lets me download again just very very slow

If you every decide to compress all the maps and skins on the server and upload em, just leave the link here. At least it's a temp fix for us :D

EDIT: I was looking at the network traffic and when I get into the game of a IBIS one its fine but when I'm downloading from a IBIS one its slow, So its gotta be a network issue I'm not saying it's on the server it's probably somewhere in the route and or a throttling problem somewhere in route as you can see below the traffic is under a major throttle somewhere(the picture is downloading from the WCS server) and you can see it's insanely slow. Traffic is IN | OUT

http://i.imgur.com/VdujH.jpg (http://imgur.com/VdujH)

I'm just going to wait it out for a week and see if the problem is still around

Thanks for the help, if you need me to check something just message me on this thread

ZERO
03-19-2012, 01:47 AM
cl_downloadfilter "all"
cl_allowdownload "1"
cl_forcepreload "1"

Is what I am using and it works right away. Can you confirm if it is stoping you from downloading or just downloading very slow.

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

I can confirm that on my system everything is downloading as bz2 files and I am able to connect from a fresh install in 2min.

I tired to clear out old cach data in the server to see if that helps. Also the data is not downloaded from the game server so what that speed was is the actual game data connection not a map dl. :wtg:

ZERO
03-19-2012, 02:05 AM
The only thing I can think of is if the clients are setting off the firewall somehow.

Please send me your ip right after you have problems downloading things that we know work like the zombie skins and models from the server. I can then check if that ip is getting banned. :wtg:

A20
03-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Ok so I put in all these

cl_downloadfilter "all"
cl_allowdownload "1"
cl_forcepreload "1"

It's the same. It downloads, but very slow like 50B/s

I also did another fresh install of windows7 / disabled all my firewalls on the windows install and my routers / deleted my CSS steam cloud(I thought maybe something was corrupted in it) / fresh CSS download from steam and also got a new IPv4 IP from my ISP but still slow as hell :[

I used to play on the server fine without any problems :l

I'll send you my IPs so you can check em if the firewall is doing anything

ZERO
03-19-2012, 10:27 AM
I need that ip as soon as you know it so I can confirm the issue.

A20
03-19-2012, 10:29 AM
I sent them in a PM

acolyte_to_jippity
03-19-2012, 10:35 AM
The only thing I can think of is if the clients are setting off the firewall somehow.

Please send me your ip right after you have problems downloading things that we know work like the zombie skins and models from the server. I can then check if that ip is getting banned. :wtg:

i canot download any new maps, but i can play any that are already on my pc.

ZERO
03-19-2012, 11:03 AM
OK I confirmed it was a firewall issue. The issue should be corrected now. PLease let me know if it is working and what occurs. :wtg:

A20
03-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Nah mine still slow :[

I'll go get a new IP and test it again

EDIT: still the same as before :[

ZERO
03-19-2012, 12:03 PM
YEa I am getting the ips unbanned now, that should fix it. :wtg:

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

All the bans have been cleared out please try now :wtg:

A20
03-19-2012, 12:15 PM
It was working for like 15 seconds... It was downloading nice and fast but I think I triggered the firewall again its going very slow again

I WAS SO CLOSE TO GETTING IN GOD DAMMIT :[

I don't get why its only banning a few of us

EDIT: I'm almost done the whole thing the first few seconds really downloaded a bunch, so it only has a tiny bit left :D

EDIT AGAIN: I got in so I'll post what happens when it changes map

EDIT AGAIN AGAIN: :D
Alright so on map change it's slow. But not as slow as before :D(it's playable if I wait like 10 mins I guess) But for some reason the server is making me redownload all the skins again? I don't think it used to do that before?

ZERO
03-19-2012, 12:37 PM
What is your ip so I can confirm the ban.

A20
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Alright sent it in a PM

acolyte_to_jippity
03-19-2012, 12:40 PM
did you get my pm?

i'll jump on real fast soon to try it

ZERO
03-19-2012, 12:52 PM
When it "slows down" that is actually the decompression and steam is laoding other shit in the background. How long did the entire process take. If you can get in under 3min with a fresh install on a 20Mb+ line than it it working correctly.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

No the fire wall is still borked I am working on it :banghead:

A20
03-19-2012, 12:58 PM
So it works for now

Ill post again on map change and if it works I'm sure that IPv6 is the problem

ZERO
03-19-2012, 01:02 PM
No they whitelisted your ip which does not help us. I am having it removed so that you can delete your files and test again. Once you are able to get in without being automatically banned it will be fixed for everyone. :wtg:

A20
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
k, I didn't know I got whitelisted on it I thought I fixed it :D

ZERO
03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
OK tests show that all is working now. If anyone else has problems please post your ip for me to confirm. :wtg:

T3h tyrant
03-19-2012, 04:25 PM
My friend got in so it seems like everythings working now. Thanks Zero!:wtg:

ZERO
03-19-2012, 05:32 PM
If by tonight I have not heard of anyone having problems I will be making an announcement in the steam community page so everyone can tell their friends that fast dl works now. :wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
03-19-2012, 05:59 PM
is working for me.

still slow-ish, but seems faster than before?

idk. been a while since i downloaded a new map.

A20
03-19-2012, 09:14 PM
My other buddy that had the issue can also connect now :D

alls fixed