PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 3 or Mass Effect 3 collectors edition?

mag36
03-04-2012, 12:31 AM
So if you had a choose. Which one would you buy? 59.99 or 79.99

I have the fortunate opinion of pricing for 42.99 or 70.99 and I have been stuck on which one to buy?

mainly cause of the huge price difference of 28 dollars

bloodwolfe
03-04-2012, 01:22 AM
reg if you don't want the other moderately useless goodies. if you want like a small little action figure or a freakin map of the game, and other collectibles, go for the collectors edition.

Chikun
03-04-2012, 03:11 AM
Bought the collectors edition because I wish to support Bioware and because I'm pirating any future DLC.

maynard
03-04-2012, 03:14 AM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE can't wait for this 2 come out.

taz1stP
03-04-2012, 05:06 AM
lol may and i got it for the ps3 and you guys gana download it or do you have to go stand in like like me?

maynard
03-04-2012, 05:23 AM
downloading as I'm going 2 buy the entire series for 360

mag36
03-04-2012, 08:46 AM
If work would let me I would grab a copy from the back right now....... So tempting to stare at a box everyday that you know whats in it

Chikun
03-04-2012, 02:27 PM
If work would let me I would grab a copy from the back right now....... So tempting to stare at a box everyday that you know whats in it

I think its worse that they let you pre-load the game if you have the digital download. I'm staring at an .exe knowing I can't run it yet.

taz1stP
03-04-2012, 03:40 PM
see whats really sucks is i get off at 8pm here tomrrow and have to wait a few hours before i get it.

Disflux
03-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Remember, the CE also comes with the From Ashes DLC which launches on release day. The DLC comes with the last known Prothean as an active member of your squad, along with storyline for that character and additional weapons and armor. The DLC will run $10 separately if you didn't get the CE.

Xerenix
03-04-2012, 05:48 PM
see whats really sucks is i get off at 8pm here tomrrow and have to wait a few hours before i get it.

No, what really sucks is because i'm in EU, it won't be released until the 9th so i'll have to wait even longer tho i will get it on the 8th.

I'm getting the CE physical copy as i always do with Bioware games.

maynard
03-04-2012, 06:11 PM
just download it, and when you get your real copy, back up the save file and use it on your real copy.

BladeTwinSwords
03-04-2012, 06:38 PM
just download it, and when you get your real copy, back up the save file and use it on your real copy.

Pirate!!!

maynard
03-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Pirate!!!

damn strait

anex
03-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Bought the collectors edition because I wish to support Bioware and because I'm pirating any future DLC.

Pirate it then donate to bioware. Because fuck EA.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-04-2012, 08:27 PM
seriously guys, should i get the game? if so should i get CE?

have the money right now, just want opinions!

maynard
03-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I would mikey... not sure if you have played the other ME games yet, but I suggest doing so before playing the third.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I would mikey... not sure if you have played the other ME games yet, but I suggest doing so before playing the third. is mass effect 2 still 5$ on amazon?

maynard
03-05-2012, 12:05 AM
not sure why you're asking me, I don't use amazon nor have ever used it, but after checking for you (cause maymay is a nice guy) I see that it is not. it's 19.99

you can also get ME1 and ME2 on steam.

but seriously, if you haven't played ME1 and 2... don't play 3. you wana play ME1, and port your character over 2 ME2 and then onto ME3 as choices and things you do in the previous 2 games reflect serious changes in the third.

also if you haven't played the first couple, you're beyond failing... they some of the best RPG's ive ever played

BladeTwinSwords
03-05-2012, 12:52 AM
not sure why you're asking me, I don't use amazon nor have ever used it, but after checking for you (cause maymay is a nice guy) I see that it is not. it's 19.99

you can also get ME1 and ME2 on steam.

but seriously, if you haven't played ME1 and 2... don't play 3. you wana play ME1, and port your character over 2 ME2 and then onto ME3 as choices and things you do in the previous 2 games reflect serious changes in the third.

also if you haven't played the first couple, you're beyond failing... they some of the best RPG's ive ever played

Well first one is an RPG, second one is more action based.

maynard
03-05-2012, 01:01 AM
you kidding? if you're trying 2 not say that ME2 isn't an RPG you're retarded. that's like saying final fantasy isn't a RPG cause it has lots of action Lol...

RPG generally means in depth storyline and rewards you the more you play with progression via levels, or story line. if you want 2 be specific you can call it a action RPG, but it's still a RPG anyway you clearly cut it.

the amount of action doesn't matter... RPG is RPG.

Xerenix
03-05-2012, 05:05 AM
I'm sure after ME 3 is released, they will start selling the previous games at a low price for a while to get people to buy them. You should probaly wait until then to buy them Mikey

maynard
03-05-2012, 05:08 AM
agreed. as the previous games have everything 2 do with the current. this is 1 game series where you 100% for sure want 2 have played the previous games. \

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-05-2012, 07:32 AM
I see, seems like a big investment. The only thing I am worried about is the third person view.

Also how long will it take me to complete the game me2. If its a crazy long time I could always dl a save or a save from one of you guys :3. I want to play the game on launch. Also I hear there are sexy relationships to be made within the game? Can I .... U know.... Make a female character.... And... With another female char...

Sin
03-05-2012, 09:49 AM
You could in the first game. Don't remember the second though.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-05-2012, 11:48 AM
You could in the first game. Don't remember the second though.
Sin never post again... You have 1337 posts.

Ok I bought me2 will start tonight. Any advice to help expodite content to I'm ready for me3 release day.

Xerenix
03-05-2012, 12:48 PM
I see, seems like a big investment. The only thing I am worried about is the third person view.

Also how long will it take me to complete the game me2. If its a crazy long time I could always dl a save or a save from one of you guys :3. I want to play the game on launch. Also I hear there are sexy relationships to be made within the game? Can I .... U know.... Make a female character.... And... With another female char...

Or you can just play through the game first with a original save then after getting ME 1 and 2, do another playthrough with those saves.

Only Lesbian romance in these games are with Liara as far as i know. in ME 1, it was possible with the main game however in ME 2, there is a DLC named "Lair of the Shadow Broker" which is mostly about Liara.

KɅΞW
03-05-2012, 12:57 PM
To me, Infiltrator seems like the easiest class to blitz the game with. Once you get the M-98 Widow sniper rifle, you can kill most enemies with just a single headshot.

Which ever side you choose, paragon or renegade, stick with it throughout the game. Also, you should do Jack's loyalty mission last, because the post mission conversations will require pretty high karma. She's a complicated being and the only one that can be only partial loyal after her mission, which can result in her death at the end of them game.

If you banged Ashley in first game, don't cheat on her in ME2 if you are planning to play ME3 lol

Most bosses are heavily armored, this is where armor piercing round comes in really handy.

Credits are limited, so don't spend it aimlessly, only buy upgrades that would help your squad combo.

When you hit the last mission, you will want to look up a guide on how to split up your teammates. Bad decision can result in their death or yours.

Which also reminds me, if you die in ME2 last mission, you won't be able to use that game save in ME3 since...you died.

If you choose Morinth (the seducing daughter) over Samara (the cougar mom), don't eat the forbidden fruit! (if you know what I mean)

Thane, Legion, and Tali sucks

That's all I can remember for now.

Chikun
03-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Ignore him, do Jack's loyalty mission asap, you only need to worry when you complete Jack's and Miranda's missions. Jack's bonus ability (that you can train for yourself if you research it) is the best ammo power in the game. Warp ammo melts faces. Also, make sure you have everything you need done before you go after the Reaper IFF or bad things may happen when you try to do it after.

Tali is the only interesting female character in the game.

You can spend credits willy nilly, I was able to buy everything I needed but you may find it more useful to buy things that more directly relate to you.

maynard
03-05-2012, 02:35 PM
just torrent it if you're broke.

mag36
03-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Each game can take an upward of 30 hours to beat. But each game has great spoilers so if you play the ME3 first you ruin the other 2 games. But if you really want a save file you can go here for pc http://www.masseffectsaves.com/

Sigh..... if i didnt have to pick up my game at work I would have called in for tomorrow

brett friggin favre
03-06-2012, 12:47 AM
downloading now :wtg: but honestly...i think im gonna finish up me1 and me2 first since i never played me1 and it's been forever since i touched me2.

maynard
03-06-2012, 03:56 AM
a8WFvwgYedA&feature=g-all&context=G2bbac45FAAAAAAAAAAA

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

downloading now :wtg: but honestly...i think im gonna finish up me1 and me2 first since i never played me1 and it's been forever since i touched me2.

finish me 1 and 2 first. as all 3 are amazingly great games, and bringing over your save game file and continuing the choices you made in the previous games 2 impact your current game just makes it surreal. with the ME series it's more about the storyline than anything, so do it justice, and play them in order... you're not missing out in anyway by thinking you need 2 play ME3 first cause it's the newest, as they are all amazing games.

maynard
03-06-2012, 06:07 AM
S6n5GIRiJLI&feature=g-all&context=G2bbac45FAAAAAAAAAAA

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Can someone give me a quick summary of me1 so I'm not completely lost in the sauce while playing me2.
The third person view is alright, I feel so limited in the field of view department, but it is compensated with the amazing story and cinematics thus far.

Sin
03-06-2012, 09:10 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect_(video_game)

So as to not spoil anything for anyone who actually wants to play the first game.

KɅΞW
03-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Who else called in sick today?

maynard
03-06-2012, 05:21 PM
I would suggest playing the first 1 first... as this game is based on the storyline, and the first game kinda lays down the stepping stones for your journey and the specifics of what you're trying 2 do.
you don't have 2... but it will be far more fulfilling if you do.

you can even rush the first 1 and just pound off the main storyline if you really want 2.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Might be me but so far mass effect 2 sucks balls. Being on a tight schedule, its like watching a movie and pausing it half way for a day. All I can think about at work is how my decisions for me where I'm at and what I need to do to succeed with minimal loss. Can't wait to see how it plays out in me3

brett friggin favre
03-07-2012, 02:58 AM
Might be me but so far mass effect 2 sucks balls. Being on a tight schedule, its like watching a movie and pausing it half way for a day. All I can think about at work is how my decisions for me where I'm at and what I need to do to succeed with minimal loss. Can't wait to see how it plays out in me3

yeah you need to take your time with it. i can't compare the story to me1 yet as i'm not done with it yet, but it was good enough at least to keep my interest. the combat system is way better in me2 though, at least on xbox it was a maaajor upgrade from me1.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-07-2012, 06:39 AM
yeah you need to take your time with it. i can't compare the story to me1 yet as i'm not done with it yet, but it was good enough at least to keep my interest. the combat system is way better in me2 though, at least on xbox it was a maaajor upgrade from me1. its also the first game that's actually put my military trainings to the test. Bf3 mw CSS. Ain't got shit on this games tactic system. I'm overly impressed thus far and can't wait to get in to me3. I can actually position my team to pull security during fire fights.