PDA

View Full Version : Source TV and Demo's

Meltdown
03-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Ok someone can explain how I look stuff back on source TV because there was someone complaining after I warned I was working so I couldn't be online to check everything but after i left someone seemed to ignore my warning and cade a illegal spot. (white room Castle), Now someone sended me a message about this and I wanted to check it with source TV but I don't know how.

Second I still cannot watch my own made demo's wich is annoying is there program that play demo's I can download?

Steamer
03-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Go here and download the demo (find server, map, and time that corresponds to what your looking for). http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6434-Links-to-Demos

Save the file in your cstrike folder.

Load the game and press Shift + F2. Load demo. The rest is straight forward to figure out and control.

Meltdown
03-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Go here and download the demo (find server, map, and time that corresponds to what your looking for). http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6434-Links-to-Demos

Save the file in your cstrike folder.

Load the game and press Shift + F2. Load demo. The rest is straight forward to figure out and control.

Cheers, source TV only records from one point of view?

nvm found out alrdy.

CYBER
03-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Cheers, source TV only records from one point of view?
source TV records all points of view. it's like GOD in the server.

anyway, u load the demo with playdemo <demoname>
then in the game u use shift F2 to access the player that lets u scroll through the demo.
For another point of view (or player), u can either press control (when NOT in shift F2) and u see a menu at the bottom of ur screen to rotate players, OR u can disable this menu by pressing control again and navigating through the players with mouse clicks and space, just like in game.

1 last thing, i have noticed some misrepresentation in the source TV demos sometimes, Where a player is a little ahead of its actual position in game when they get killed, causing some shots to look like aim assist, even to best eyes around.
That said, u should always record a demo if you can in game, with
record <demo_name>
sb_status
*when done*
stop
so that you can see it in real time view... The only time i dont do that is when i am already recording someone else when the shit happeend and dont want to reveil who i was specking first, or if my fps drops too much at that time (hence watching it later), etc... but yeah. gd luck.