PDA

View Full Version : "giant props"

Pl@YwithM3
03-06-2012, 05:39 PM
alright, so we know that its illegal to use money crates / giant shelves ect to cade with.. but what about people hiding inside of them? it still somewhat provides the same semi-impossible imovable "cade" if you just hold down your e button.. thoughts?

pics coming ina bit

Chef C Green
03-06-2012, 06:10 PM
pics coming ina bit

As promised :jive:

Money Crates:

This is probably the least troublesome "giant prop", as money crates are typically short and easy to get on top of to move (if you were a zombie attempting to get the human). However, when placed in a corner and pulled over a human, they can defend their lives relatively easily with a para (simply shooting the crate back against the corner).

Modified Vending Machines:

Another good example, on zm_retard, you can simply stand behind this machine and push it against the back wall. If you have a para, simply shooting from the inside will allow you to keep yourself snug on the inside while zombies helplessly attempt to knife you from the outside. The added downside to this prop is the fact that there is NO HEADROOM to get on-top of the machine to get a better moving position/ tip it over.

Refrigerators:

This prop can be found on multiple maps, and like the money crate it can be near impossible to move. Similar to the above example, this one has limited head room which inhibits tipping of the prop.

Massive Giant Props (Shelf on Snoopie, Crate on Firewall, etc):

5197 5198

Though the shelf was the main topic of this section, I think it's fair to bring up all dense objects that are simply MASSIVE. Being such, it can take a greater amount of time (and # of zombies) to move these items to the point that a human hiding within it can be tagged.

NOTE: Yes some of these props can be glitchy (ex: moneycrate on roflicious vs. moneycrate on highschoolbeta / refrigerator on roy_barricade vs. refrigerator on Fiddlers_Green), and thus be easier to move in some cases. I'm more concerned on how we should approach these things individually and how we should rule people hiding in them (these kind of things should be map specific in a sense I guess).

T3h tyrant
03-06-2012, 06:43 PM
using the shelf on snoopie is already an illegal cade

Shadow_√II
03-06-2012, 07:13 PM
they're talking about hiding inside them tyrant lol

Bane of Soldiers
03-06-2012, 07:37 PM
The refrigerators and money crate shouldn't be a problem at all. I know Bob failed occasionally when he tried to hide in a huge cabinet on zm_lila_panic_beach. The only one that I think that would be worth any mention is the heavy vending machine shown in Chef's screenshot of zm_retard. Everything else I think I've seen failed at one point or another. Except for that one on retard, I've yet to see a human lose with that one. The location of the heavy prop is superior to the others because the others have huge spaces on top for multiple zombies to push. But in retard, there isn't any space to get on top, and zombies can only approach it from the front and not full circle. However, there is the isolation variable, as zombies tend to not look in that reclusive corner on retard until there's 1:30-1:00 left in the round and thus receives little action

Chef C Green
03-06-2012, 08:31 PM
The location of the heavy prop is superior to the others because the others have huge spaces on top for multiple zombies to push.

Likewise, the crate on zm_firewall_aztec has no space above it for zombies to get on top of it (they would need to pull from one side). We should also discuss this as a factor in what's viable or not as being able to get on-top of these "giant props" is a factor in killing them. Also, don't interpret the pictures just from the maps the props are on (there are other maps that have the same props but without the headspace).

kenneth918237
03-07-2012, 04:53 PM
isnt it already illlegal to hide in those things so not make it illegal

anex
03-10-2012, 06:39 PM
As long as it is "possible" to get them, I don't see a problem with it. More zombies = better pull. I don't think I have seen anyone survive an onslaught on zombies pulling props off of humans.

We need to remove that map anyways, zm_retard was a dumb fucking map to begin with.

Pl@YwithM3
03-11-2012, 08:19 PM

there was an "issue" just last week where the last ct had put themselves in the corner of that very room with the shelf pulled on top of him and not even the 10+ present persistant zombies could pull it from behind or push it from the top. all the ct had to do was hold e while facing the wall and he had a guarenteed win. this is the type of scenario im talking about.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-12-2012, 10:40 AM
It's not like anyone benifits from hiding inside a prop.... It's highly unlikely you will.even remotely come close to getting a kill. I don't understand why everyone comes here to the forums with the negative mind set that we must restrict as much as possible because a few people whine about it.

Hiding in props should not be illegal no matter the prop or location.

Rezel
03-12-2012, 11:53 AM
As anex said, as long as they can get them within a reasonable time I do not see a problem.

The problem with large objects breaks down to how long does it take to set up, and is it movable by zombies.

-Rezel

FAil Boat
03-19-2012, 01:07 PM
I have a giant prop in my pants. Yes I am posting this while on vacation. Wannafightaboutit?

Meltdown
03-19-2012, 04:10 PM
I have a giant prop in my pants. Yes I am posting this while on vacation. Wannafightaboutit?

depend if you have people hiding in there:smirk: