PDA

View Full Version : race stats

brett friggin favre
03-08-2012, 02:59 AM
according to psychostats:

most played races: human, vagabond, undead (in order, 1-3)
least played races: genocide, panorama, die xonvert (also in order, bottom to top)

highest kdr: molecule (1.61), crypt lord (1.44), spiderman (1.40) [note a nice gap between these and number 4, shadow hunter at 1.29]
lowest kdr: rapscallion (0.55), magician (0.69), hell hunter (0.72)

just in case anyone was interested. also i think it illustrates possible balance issues for the top 3 classes in kdr and rapscallion.

HypeRNT
03-08-2012, 05:36 AM

least played races: genocide, panorama, die xonvert (also in order, bottom to top)

highest kdr: molecule (1.61), crypt lord (1.44), spiderman (1.40) [note a nice gap between these and number 4, shadow hunter at 1.29]

just in case anyone was interested. also i think it illustrates possible balance issues for the top 3 classes in kdr and rapscallion.

Yeah, i really wish rap was stronger because of its higher level req out of the knife races. Maybe removing his ult cooldown will help, i just find it much harder to play rap then flame pred, which makes most people to not even touch rap.

nightstrife
03-08-2012, 07:06 AM
"Maybe removing his ult cooldown will help"

um isnt it when you max out the ult there is no cooldown so fail post from HypeRNT

but you have a good point brent but to bad all the races arent out yet because the #1 will be evo

Rosie
03-08-2012, 10:13 AM
If Rap had a standard anti-lace it might get played more. It can be a very fun race but there is nothing worse than being 3 feet behind a player and knowing you cant get him.

brett friggin favre
03-08-2012, 10:40 AM
another thing that would help is getting rid of that damn ulti animation you can see through walls

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Usally i have some witty reply that only I think is funny, for threads like these. I'm at a loss of words, it is what it is.

blackmail242
03-08-2012, 02:23 PM
:/ I mean Rap is good its just... You need to know how the other team is gonna move before they do... and be there about an hour before hand so they can't see you cloak.

brett friggin favre
03-08-2012, 02:38 PM
another interesting comparison is between rap (0.55 kdr again) and flame pred (0.87 kdr). most evident of the differences between classes is when you see that flame preds have a 1.5 kdr to opposing rapscallions, which is the highest kdr flame pred has against any class by .3. ( http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=11888&vsort=killsperdeath&vorder=desc#victims )

what could be done about this is an increase in the proc rate of blades (nothing's more annoying than running into a human and having to knife him 3 times before he shoots you once in the dome, or running into a flame pred with the same problems, except he can see you better, can set you on fire, making it even harder for you to see and slowing you, and all he has to do is get you twice), increase the speed of adrenaline, and remove the ultimate animation as suggested previously.

Spasm
03-08-2012, 03:57 PM
proves vaga isnt OP.

maynard
03-08-2012, 05:33 PM
the races aren't supposed 2 be even.... there's good races, and not so good races, and great races... and it will always be this way as counter races have been properly set up along the way with lower lvl requirements.

brett friggin favre
03-08-2012, 06:07 PM
the races aren't supposed 2 be even.... there's good races, and not so good races, and great races... and it will always be this way as counter races have been properly set up along the way with lower lvl requirements.

well everything's a counter-race for rapscallion, seeing as its highest kdr to any other race is 0.73 to orc. it's gotta be able to counter something, otherwise it's just "that race everyone has to level to max em all out but never plays again."

maynard
03-08-2012, 06:09 PM
if you don't wana play it, don't. just cause most suck with it doesn't mean it's a bad race. it just takes patience and skill. and we both know you weren't only complaining about rapsccalion, so why focus this discussion on just it now?

brett friggin favre
03-08-2012, 06:27 PM
if you don't wana play it, don't. just cause most suck with it doesn't mean it's a bad race. it just takes patience and skill. and we both know you weren't only complaining about rapsccalion, so why focus this discussion on just it now?

i wasn't making this for any particular reason, i was just trolling around on the wcs stats and thought it'd be interesting and good info to know. the reason rapscallion is the main topic of discussion is because its kdr is significantly lower than any other race. when i look into why, i think it's mostly the ultimate. sure, it's nice to be invisible, but since people can see where you go stealth trough walls it kinda kills the purpose, and when they go by you, if they have a lace, you can't move so you just have to hope they pass you up and then you can hopefully go catch them later, all the while being totally open to attack. i'm trying to come up with explanations for the stats i see, and suggest things that might make the experience on the server better, not using the stats i see to support any conclusion or complaint in specific and i'm sorry if it came across that way.

maynard
03-08-2012, 06:38 PM
the stats you see are a reflection of people playing it like flame pred.

rapscalion is a get into position early class (this way no one can see you) and sit there and simply wait for the right moment 2 ambush/jump someone. it's a Very slow pace class and most people don't like that, so they gamble and run around and hope mid round and on that when they are constantly moving and changing where they are using their ultimate, they hope no 1 notices. the stats reflect people playing it poorly, nothing more. I personally enjoy rapscalion as it takes skill and is a good challenge... also teaches you 2 think out of the box, as picking your hiding spots are incredibly important

but once again, WCS isn't supposed 2 be even, nor will it ever be.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-08-2012, 07:26 PM
the stats you see are a reflection of people playing it like flame pred.

rapscalion is a get into position early class (this way no one can see you) and sit there and simply wait for the right moment 2 ambush/jump someone. it's a Very slow pace class and most people don't like that, so they gamble and run around and hope mid round and on that when they are constantly moving and changing where they are using their ultimate, they hope no 1 notices. the stats reflect people playing it poorly, nothing more. I personally enjoy rapscalion as it takes skill and is a good challenge... also teaches you 2 think out of the box, as picking your hiding spots are incredibly important

THIS!!!!! FUCKING, THIS!!!!!!!

people continuously bitch about rap being worthless, due to being underpowered or the animation thing. but they don't seem to realize that it requires very good map knowlege

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-08-2012, 07:58 PM
To expand on maymays recent post, the MDT is because of his exact reason. Some of out beat players play human and rape with it.... The only reason it has a low LSD is simply because moons join, then start with human and fail hard with the race and lack of skill....

Omg fucking auto correct is horrible

Kdr*
Our*
Best*
Kdr*
Morons*

XX0wnsXY
03-09-2012, 01:24 AM
To expand on maymays recent post, the MDT is because of his exact reason. Some of out beat players play human and rape with it.... The only reason it has a low LSD is simply because moons join, then start with human and fail hard with the race and lack of skill....

Omg fucking auto correct is horrible

Kdr*
Our*
Best*
Kdr*
Morons*

I prefer that moons join.

Erdenay
03-16-2012, 09:27 PM

I've went through psychostats and wasn't able to find kdr for races or even their usage. By any chance you'd be willing to drop the exact link? Also, can you find your own kdr for each race too?